Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHEN CAN I PLAY? READ BELOW:
  • PlayStation (Physical): Thursday 4 May
  • PlayStation (Digital): 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May
  • Steam: Currently 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May, may be moved to 12:01am AEST
  • Xbox (Digital or Physical): TO BE CONFIRMED, unlikely to be 4 May

Those that pre-ordered PS versions will be able to play on Thursday, disks will have already been mailed by retailers, they will also be available in-store.

Steam will also be available Thursday.

Stating the obvious, we are still having issues with XBox.

Seriously, anyone that looks hard knows there’s issues - why do you think there are so many exclusives for a particular platform that are not marked as exclusive, but are only on that platform.

If I took that road, life would have been a lot easier.

Xbox digital and retail will release at the same time - that is not a decision we get to make.

It applies now and I will no doubt pay a price.

Re: commentary team
Hamish is still there, Daisy didn't make it into the final version of the game.

We added Gary and increased the workload of Harf.

Re: game availability/release dates
I can never give 100% guarantee about anything in the future, but as it stands today, the statement I am prepared to make it that all stock that is at retailers on 4 May will be available for sale.

As to the amount that will be there for sale, and whether it is enough, that is a question I cannot answer.

It will be made digitally available on the various platform holder electronic stores.

Clarifying, the game will not release prior to 4 May 2023.

I am vague as there is one platform that has had sufficient stock at retailers and the other has not, and I cannot name them (contractual reasons).

The game will not be further delayed because of the numbers of units in stock.

Re: Steam listing
I've already put in a request for the screenshots to be replaced with current ones, they'll probably only be there for a day.

As much as the feedback has generally been positive, these are old, meant to be placeholder only and were not meant to go live.

Re: playing lists
All playing lists are accurate for the 2023 season.

Re: content creator footage
This is all prior to day one patch (as some have noted updates like numbers etc are apparent)

Re: Career mode
A head's up on Career mode.

At the AFL 23 Launch night I mentioned the non-team based Individual Career Mode in an interview with Dean (Twistie3). As alluded to at that same event, we were working with the AFL and AFLPA to include as many past legends in the game as possible.

The great news is that we have received approval for far more AFL legends than were previously envisaged, but this has meant that we had to make the tough decision to divert resources away from the Individual Career mode development. The individual Career Mode function will not make it into AFL 23, Career Mode will be entirely team based. I expect this mode to be include in future iterations of the game.

Re: microtransactions
You do not have to make purchases, things can be earned.

Re: general development
So fundamentally flawed, in so many ways, it’s bananas.

We are doing AFL as it’s a passion project, without us doing it there would not be one being made.

So much more upside with making games that are played internationally, let alone one that will not even be played in every state in this country.

Last edited:
found it thanks, really wish we could get some proper gameplay, not footage of a monitor.....
Hoping for gameplay footage soon and even a small demo available to download, something similar to the nets challenge when they were about to release cricket 22. Something like training in a facility where you can do kicking and handball drills. Or even in a field with just 2 players so you can play kick to kick, reckon that would be killer.

Any ideas what 'Enter quick code' could be for in the Academy menu?
Creations may have codes associated for easy locating? So instead of wading through pages, it's "here, I've made an updated Waverley, share code is ****".

Well you can clearly see it is Zac Bailey. That's the main thing. How good it is, different story. It's well past the generic look of Touk Miller.
That’s what happens when you play for an relevant team like the Lions, right BRAB ;)

Was my player career officially confirmed? Not seeing it in those menus.

Really enjoy the menu though. No tiles. No scrolling across 4 tabs to find what you want. A good ol fashion vertical menu.
I’d assume it would be a sub-menu in the management career menu

Straightened up the card art. If anyone can get an ID on the font please do let me know.
cb7cf7bd2962c39dee0f15b7b3f2da5e.png

Is this it? A and N look a little off but not sure if that's just the preview text.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JNT BA ate all the apples?

It means it's definitely not JNT BA 's desk - nothing fresh gets near his lips, the guy even drinks coffee from a can!...
Hey hey hey I like my Boss coffee in a can and my Gfuel with lead in it, what can I say.
But in my defense I did have a whole bowl of grapes on my desk on Friday, and felt sick afterward I think ill stick to processed food, just too fresh for me.

Strange one but in the Academy mode when creating teams. Will it be possible to create a mix gendered team? I’d love to be able create my Pub Footy team since Victoria Park has been included in the game!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

For anyone wondering how good the Playfaces look, they look very, very good... Some players with them look better then the Licensed version of the same player. If you're interested go on YouTube, and have a look at wasteyouryouth and compare some of his players to the real players.

I’d assume it would be a sub-menu in the management career menu
Good call. In my head management was = manager as in soccer. That's exactly where it'll be.

Hey hey hey I like my Boss coffee in a can and my Gfuel with lead in it, what can I say.
But in my defense I did have a whole bowl of grapes on my desk on Friday, and felt sick afterward I think ill stick to processed food, just too fresh for me.
The Ovaltine is what caught my eye, a blast from the past for me, haven't seen those in ages!

I imagine the “Star Team” mode will be included in the original disc/download installation but could be locked (and hidden), awaiting the day 1 patch to make it available.

That way it’s ready to go despite not yet receiving formal approval.
There's nothing stopping it being live immediately with just current players though right? It's only the legends that need extra work/licensing.

There's nothing stopping it being live immediately with just current players though right? It's only the legends that need extra work/licensing.
Correct, Ross wants to launch it with legends however. I’m all for that. Gives us enough time to get stuck into career and general online in anticipation!

Something I wouldn't mind some clarification with so we don't get our hopes up.

In Mitch Robinson's vlog he asked a question about if the game would have under 18 players.
Robbo: "Does this have any under 18 players"
Big Ant employee: "It will"

Now I would assume that means licensed under 18 players as appose to just fake unlicensed players on the real teams.

If the u18 teams are full of fake players I don't mind, I wasn't expecting otherwise, but I just don't want to get my hopes up to be disappointed.

In Mitch Robinson's vlog he asked a question about if the game would have under 18 players.

Now I would assume that means licensed under 18 players as appose to just fake unlicensed players on the real teams.

If the u18 teams are full of fake players I don't mind, I wasn't expecting otherwise, but I just don't want to get my hopes up to be disappointed.
I believe I heard Ross mention that you can even start out as a 14 year old and build yourself up to the AFL.

Some footage not filmed on a phone, with zero thumping music or people talking sh** in the background would be nice. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate it, but boy if it isn't silly that it's the only gameplay footage we have available.
To be honest I never intended to release the footage taken of me playing but I thought some people might like to see it. In hindsight I probably should have tried a bit harder when playing to make the footage a bit better. If we had the opportunity to actually capture directly I would have taken it a lot more seriously (learnt the questions rather than just winging it).

F2B0876C-DA99-41C4-8E5B-CEBEC0E7A221.jpeg

That’s JNT’s reply to my question about real names for state league players. “Certainly talking about this more later” HOPES UP. I would imagine whatever it is will apply for U18s as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back