Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHEN CAN I PLAY? READ BELOW:
  • PlayStation (Physical): Thursday 4 May
  • PlayStation (Digital): 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May
  • Steam: Currently 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May, may be moved to 12:01am AEST
  • Xbox (Digital or Physical): TO BE CONFIRMED, unlikely to be 4 May

Those that pre-ordered PS versions will be able to play on Thursday, disks will have already been mailed by retailers, they will also be available in-store.

Steam will also be available Thursday.

Stating the obvious, we are still having issues with XBox.

Seriously, anyone that looks hard knows there’s issues - why do you think there are so many exclusives for a particular platform that are not marked as exclusive, but are only on that platform.

If I took that road, life would have been a lot easier.

Xbox digital and retail will release at the same time - that is not a decision we get to make.

It applies now and I will no doubt pay a price.

Re: commentary team
Hamish is still there, Daisy didn't make it into the final version of the game.

We added Gary and increased the workload of Harf.

Re: game availability/release dates
I can never give 100% guarantee about anything in the future, but as it stands today, the statement I am prepared to make it that all stock that is at retailers on 4 May will be available for sale.

As to the amount that will be there for sale, and whether it is enough, that is a question I cannot answer.

It will be made digitally available on the various platform holder electronic stores.

Clarifying, the game will not release prior to 4 May 2023.

I am vague as there is one platform that has had sufficient stock at retailers and the other has not, and I cannot name them (contractual reasons).

The game will not be further delayed because of the numbers of units in stock.

Re: Steam listing
I've already put in a request for the screenshots to be replaced with current ones, they'll probably only be there for a day.

As much as the feedback has generally been positive, these are old, meant to be placeholder only and were not meant to go live.

Re: playing lists
All playing lists are accurate for the 2023 season.

Re: content creator footage
This is all prior to day one patch (as some have noted updates like numbers etc are apparent)

Re: Career mode
A head's up on Career mode.

At the AFL 23 Launch night I mentioned the non-team based Individual Career Mode in an interview with Dean (Twistie3). As alluded to at that same event, we were working with the AFL and AFLPA to include as many past legends in the game as possible.

The great news is that we have received approval for far more AFL legends than were previously envisaged, but this has meant that we had to make the tough decision to divert resources away from the Individual Career mode development. The individual Career Mode function will not make it into AFL 23, Career Mode will be entirely team based. I expect this mode to be include in future iterations of the game.

Re: microtransactions
You do not have to make purchases, things can be earned.

Re: general development
So fundamentally flawed, in so many ways, it’s bananas.

We are doing AFL as it’s a passion project, without us doing it there would not be one being made.

So much more upside with making games that are played internationally, let alone one that will not even be played in every state in this country.

Last edited:
They're never taking accountability though.
He literally said last we no more delays no matter what the stock is like.

So have you considered there is an issue with XBOX stock that means they can’t sell it physically, and Microsoft restrictions mean that it also can’t be sold digitally? Whether you believe it or not, have you at least considered that possibility?

I think the smart thing to do is to delay Pro Team until Xbox get the game as well.

If it wasn't cross platform this wouldn't be an issue, but now one console might be able to play and build up their team while the other console get left behind. This also gives Big Ant time to fine tune and improve the game mode.

maybe the the amount Xbox has mucked Big Ant around, they will decide to go exclusively with PlayStation/Steam in future iterations
I think the smart thing to do is to delay Pro Team until Xbox get the game as well.

If it wasn't cross platform this wouldn't be an issue, but now one console might be able to play and build up their team while the other console get left behind. This also gives Big Ant time to fine tune and improve the game mode.
i think this is coming from an Xbox user. To maximise early sales, surely pro teams is available straight away.

In hindsight, where the f*ck was all the promotional stuff that was promised throughout the delay? All we got was a trailer that told us nothing new and then sparse gameplay footage that wasn't even from the current release build of the game.

There has been little to no hype and we are left two days out knowing not much more about this game than we did at the initial delay.
Will admit I saw a trailer for the game while streaming the VFL, but nothing aside from that. A big stretch from
I've always consistently maintained that there will be play sessions prior to game release, there will be plenty of opportunity to see the game prior to purchase. More so now that there is a delay.
None of which have happened 29 hours from release

I think some sort of compensation needs to occur for those pre-ordering on XBOX. Maybe just maybe to keep those pre-orders from being cancelled. As a gesture of goodwill I think compensating these people with a code to use on PC.

I know its not one Company or the other laying the blame on each other. But I think if it was possible to compensate these people with a PC code then either allow them to keep ownership or revoke ownership of the game. Once XBOX version is finally available. instead of making them wait however long it takes, as theres no guarantees the new date will be the release date.

What happens if the new date never eventuates and its pushed back even further. How does this look for those pre-orders for Cricket 24? Does Big ANT take another massive hit due to this delay. Do some not pre-order due to AFL 23 issues and just wa it until it is actually released?

Some sort of goodwill gesture is needed in my opinion to keep people wanting their XBOX pre-orders and not cancelling.

hw many

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck to the parents with kids who have an Xbox and trying to explain to them why some of their friends have it and they don’t.

Spectacular fail for the AFL brand that is inclusive for everyone.
Don’t know if you have kids, but my guess is no, parents have to tell kids they can’t have things that other kids have, everyday.

Don’t know if you have kids, but my guess is no, parents have to tell kids they can’t have things that other kids have, everyday.
I have kids and I do know what you’re saying but you obviously don’t know what I was saying.

In hindsight, where the f*ck was all the promotional stuff that was promised throughout the delay? All we got was a trailer that told us nothing new and then sparse gameplay footage that wasn't even from the current release build of the game.

There has been little to no hype and we are left two days out knowing not much more about this game than we did at the initial delay.
It’s been an absolute joke. Despite 3 week delay, there excuse of not having release quality gameplay footage is ‘still having boxes to tick off’. The promotion supply to content creators has been very baisic and underwhelming and unfinished. As I showed with the team management screen example. Tennis, Cricket and Rugby releases in the next 8 months as well is also a joke. No wonder the promotional content they’ve provided creators was underdone. Ridiculous how much they’ve stretched themselves… and then they decide to add pro teams with an abundance of legends, taking extra x amount of time and resources from the basics (like having a finished team management screen/ passable gameplay flow that doesn’t feel like seperate movement sequences havnt been cut and spliced together.

I’m a PS user but I can’t imagine how the Xbox users must be feeling. They’ve got a feeling alright… and it’s a feeling of frustration, confusion and disappointment.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think some sort of compensation needs to occur for those pre-ordering on XBOX. Maybe just maybe to keep those pre-orders from being cancelled. As a gesture of goodwill I think compensating these people with a code to use on PC.

I know its not one Company or the other laying the blame on each other. But I think if it was possible to compensate these people with a PC code then either allow them to keep ownership or revoke ownership of the game. Once XBOX version is finally available. instead of making them wait however long it takes, as theres no guarantees the new date will be the release date.

What happens if the new date never eventuates and its pushed back even further. How does this look for those pre-orders for Cricket 24? Does Big ANT take another massive hit due to this delay. Do some not pre-order due to AFL 23 issues and just wa it until it is actually released?

Some sort of goodwill gesture is needed in my opinion to keep people wanting their XBOX pre-orders and not cancelling.

hw many
bro what

It’s been an absolute joke. Having Tennis, Cricket and Rugby releases in the next 8 months as well is also a joke. Ridiculous how much they’ve stretched themselves… and then they decide to add pro teams with an abundance of legends, taking extra x amount of time and resources from the basics (like having a finished team management screen)
Didn't you just do an appreciation post for big ant like yesterday?

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

This has never happened before, and as a supporter of BigAnt right now this release will be remembered at least in the short term as a failure. And it happened around the same time Star Wars Jedi Survivor got released bug riddled and way too early. Time will pass and people will forget about it eventually, but the initial delay was by BigAnt and the reasoning was fairness yet this XBOX issue they have done a back-flip. It should be delayed until all platforms give the green-light whenever that would be. Seeing some of the footage of AFL 23 (and i get it's an old build), I noticed that Adelaide Oval lights weren't on in the grandstands and in AFL Live 2011 Metricon stadium grandstand lights were off as well. Why can't they release a beta or demo for testing and work with the community with any fixes. I'm an XBOX only owner and will never change, some streamers could be in the same boat as me so for people saying buy a PS5 or PC to play is irrelevant. Another month hopefully a few patches and updates get released, meantime ill be watching Youtubers until then. GO PORT, did they update Todd Marshall? And are the Mullet-ke-teers in (Teakle, Lord, Sinn, Lachie Jones)

My child doesn’t have something that another child does.

Explain yourself JNT BA BigAntStudios

My son won’t stop crying.
season 8 GIF

You missed the point the AFL promotes its brand as it’s for everyone. This is a great look for them.

I can’t trust the AFL to take a stand against racism anymore to be frank. I’m as frustrated as you.

First they came for the Xbox owners, and I said nothing as I wasn’t an Xbox owner.

The AFL can’t be taken seriously as an inclusive organisation until discrimination against Xbox owners is condemned in the strongest possible way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back