Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHEN CAN I PLAY? READ BELOW:
  • PlayStation (Physical): Thursday 4 May
  • PlayStation (Digital): 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May
  • Steam: Currently 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May, may be moved to 12:01am AEST
  • Xbox (Digital or Physical): TO BE CONFIRMED, unlikely to be 4 May

Those that pre-ordered PS versions will be able to play on Thursday, disks will have already been mailed by retailers, they will also be available in-store.

Steam will also be available Thursday.

Stating the obvious, we are still having issues with XBox.

Seriously, anyone that looks hard knows there’s issues - why do you think there are so many exclusives for a particular platform that are not marked as exclusive, but are only on that platform.

If I took that road, life would have been a lot easier.

Xbox digital and retail will release at the same time - that is not a decision we get to make.

It applies now and I will no doubt pay a price.

Re: commentary team
Hamish is still there, Daisy didn't make it into the final version of the game.

We added Gary and increased the workload of Harf.

Re: game availability/release dates
I can never give 100% guarantee about anything in the future, but as it stands today, the statement I am prepared to make it that all stock that is at retailers on 4 May will be available for sale.

As to the amount that will be there for sale, and whether it is enough, that is a question I cannot answer.

It will be made digitally available on the various platform holder electronic stores.

Clarifying, the game will not release prior to 4 May 2023.

I am vague as there is one platform that has had sufficient stock at retailers and the other has not, and I cannot name them (contractual reasons).

The game will not be further delayed because of the numbers of units in stock.

Re: Steam listing
I've already put in a request for the screenshots to be replaced with current ones, they'll probably only be there for a day.

As much as the feedback has generally been positive, these are old, meant to be placeholder only and were not meant to go live.

Re: playing lists
All playing lists are accurate for the 2023 season.

Re: content creator footage
This is all prior to day one patch (as some have noted updates like numbers etc are apparent)

Re: Career mode
A head's up on Career mode.

At the AFL 23 Launch night I mentioned the non-team based Individual Career Mode in an interview with Dean (Twistie3). As alluded to at that same event, we were working with the AFL and AFLPA to include as many past legends in the game as possible.

The great news is that we have received approval for far more AFL legends than were previously envisaged, but this has meant that we had to make the tough decision to divert resources away from the Individual Career mode development. The individual Career Mode function will not make it into AFL 23, Career Mode will be entirely team based. I expect this mode to be include in future iterations of the game.

Re: microtransactions
You do not have to make purchases, things can be earned.

Re: general development
So fundamentally flawed, in so many ways, it’s bananas.

We are doing AFL as it’s a passion project, without us doing it there would not be one being made.

So much more upside with making games that are played internationally, let alone one that will not even be played in every state in this country.

Last edited:
Are we really not getting any proper gameplay and pro team footage just because XBOX users will then be missing out? Why else we waiting?
Hurry up and show us what we are purchasing on Thursday. Or risk less people purchasing the game

So, Michaels - can you quit prioritising your family and get that AI v AI gameplay up? You have a responsibility to the psychos in this thread.
I'm not even home currently, still out!

Ill post here when done though.

Big Ant is a joke. If the AFL did its due diligence they wouldn't gift licenses to these studios.

This is nothing to do with the physical disc and everything to do with the game not being up to Xbox standards from a consumer perspective (ie. updates, connectivity, etc etc). This always happens on Xbox for Big Ant games. They're not being honest and rather than announce the news themselves they filted it through to gaming blogs and youtubers. Meanwhile their CEO is posting daily updates from India and the BA Twitter account is MIA.

I can't fathom how the AFL is happy with this. ****ing amateur hour.

Big Ant is a joke. If the AFL did its due diligence they wouldn't gift licenses to these studios.

This is nothing to do with the physical disc and everything to do with the game not being up to Xbox standards from a consumer perspective (ie. updates, connectivity, etc etc). This always happens on Xbox for Big Ant games. They're not being honest and rather than announce the news themselves they filted it through to gaming blogs and youtubers. Meanwhile their CEO is posting daily updates from India and the BA Twitter account is MIA.

I can't fathom how the AFL is happy with this. ******* amateur hour.
yes and they'd have given the license to...who, exactly?

give it a spell

Honestly theres probably more pressure on them to have a good quality game on may 4th if they won't delay it again for equity and fairness.
Im assuming the retailers like jb and eb made it so it cant release on xbox digitally on the 4th.
Still 2 days before launch is a joke.

Didn't you just do an appreciation post for big ant like yesterday?

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app
I showed understanding that the build footage showed recently wasn’t up to date as boxes hadn’t been ticked. I pointed out a lot of positives of the game and some key areas of gameplay that need work. But the fact is they’ve got unticked boxes still despite the 3 week delay. Combine this with:
‘Games were going to release at the same time for fairness and equality - Not happening
We were getting player career - Not happening
Play sessions and promotion - Hardly happen
Midday today we were getting the game on Thursday - Not happening
Playable VFL/SANFL/WAFL - No idea despite being asked for the last week
Pro Team at launch - No idea’

And NOW- Another Xbox delay by 1.5 months. This has put me over the edge of understanding (coming from a PS user). Especially after Ross said just days ago that their will be some Xbox stock available on the 4th and the game will not be delayed any further unless something odd or unexpected happens (like covid is the example he gave btw). It represents to us BAS have too much on their plate, pulling out PR like that.

Last edited:
I don’t understand how the gaming industry works with release dates, why do they set release dates and then struggle to have the game out on release date?

I understand patching happens for almost every game these days especially sports but if you set a date surely you get it done and ready by that date.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely ur home from work now Michaels i reckon u chuck the kids in bed and get some content out for the sake of humanity and Ross’ life
**** me, leave the bloke alone!!!! Let him finish his work day, allow him to be a dad for the little to no hours he gets during the day and wait for him. Constantly tagging him into this thread won’t hurry him up. Leave him alone!

sad chris crocker GIF

I don’t understand how the gaming industry works with release dates, why do they set release dates and then struggle to have the game out on release date?

I understand patching happens for almost every game these days especially sports but if you set a date surely you get it done and ready by that date.
You don't understand that projects hit roadblocks and are no longer deliverable by initial deadlines? It's pretty simple.

Not saying it's right, that's just simply what it is.

This is nothing to do with the physical disc and everything to do with the game not being up to Xbox standards from a consumer perspective (ie. updates, connectivity, etc etc).
This is just speculation and we don't actually know anything right now.

Would be nice to know the reason to why the Xbox discs aren't here, instead of just being told that they're not. Was the reason for the 2nd Xbox delay a seperate incident than the first one? Or is it the same initial issue but prolonged?

We've been told the discs aren't here, but no reason why.

This has never happened before, and as a supporter of BigAnt right now this release will be remembered at least in the short term as a failure. And it happened around the same time Star Wars Jedi Survivor got released bug riddled and way too early. Time will pass and people will forget about it eventually, but the initial delay was by BigAnt and the reasoning was fairness yet this XBOX issue they have done a back-flip. It should be delayed until all platforms give the green-light whenever that would be. Seeing some of the footage of AFL 23 (and i get it's an old build), I noticed that Adelaide Oval lights weren't on in the grandstands and in AFL Live 2011 Metricon stadium grandstand lights were off as well. Why can't they release a beta or demo for testing and work with the community with any fixes. I'm an XBOX only owner and will never change, some streamers could be in the same boat as me so for people saying buy a PS5 or PC to play is irrelevant. Another month hopefully a few patches and updates get released, meantime ill be watching Youtubers until then. GO PORT, did they update Todd Marshall? And are the Mullet-ke-teers in (Teakle, Lord, Sinn, Lachie Jones)
8ABFF9A0-140E-455C-A551-EF33E995C1B8.jpeg

Good luck to the parents with kids who have an Xbox and trying to explain to them why some of their friends have it and they don’t.

Spectacular fail for the AFL brand that is inclusive for everyone.
Christ almighty, concerned because your children will have to play Fortnite for a few weeks longer whilst some friends may be playing the AFL game? Cry me a river pal. Perhaps it's a lesson in gratitude and perspective.

I picked up a bigger tv last week because I wanted a 4K TV and was sick of watching the footy on my small tv.

Now, because of this game I’m going to upgrade my old Xbox one to a PS5.

AFL is ruining my life and my bank account.

Atleast it wont be delayed by 7-8 years like Dead Island 2
Due 2015
Released 2023
Some fans probably didnt even make it through Covid to play the game😆

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back