Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHEN CAN I PLAY? READ BELOW:
  • PlayStation (Physical): Thursday 4 May
  • PlayStation (Digital): 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May
  • Steam: Currently 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May, may be moved to 12:01am AEST
  • Xbox (Digital or Physical): TO BE CONFIRMED, unlikely to be 4 May

Those that pre-ordered PS versions will be able to play on Thursday, disks will have already been mailed by retailers, they will also be available in-store.

Steam will also be available Thursday.

Stating the obvious, we are still having issues with XBox.

Seriously, anyone that looks hard knows there’s issues - why do you think there are so many exclusives for a particular platform that are not marked as exclusive, but are only on that platform.

If I took that road, life would have been a lot easier.

Xbox digital and retail will release at the same time - that is not a decision we get to make.

It applies now and I will no doubt pay a price.

Re: commentary team
Hamish is still there, Daisy didn't make it into the final version of the game.

We added Gary and increased the workload of Harf.

Re: game availability/release dates
I can never give 100% guarantee about anything in the future, but as it stands today, the statement I am prepared to make it that all stock that is at retailers on 4 May will be available for sale.

As to the amount that will be there for sale, and whether it is enough, that is a question I cannot answer.

It will be made digitally available on the various platform holder electronic stores.

Clarifying, the game will not release prior to 4 May 2023.

I am vague as there is one platform that has had sufficient stock at retailers and the other has not, and I cannot name them (contractual reasons).

The game will not be further delayed because of the numbers of units in stock.

Re: Steam listing
I've already put in a request for the screenshots to be replaced with current ones, they'll probably only be there for a day.

As much as the feedback has generally been positive, these are old, meant to be placeholder only and were not meant to go live.

Re: playing lists
All playing lists are accurate for the 2023 season.

Re: content creator footage
This is all prior to day one patch (as some have noted updates like numbers etc are apparent)

Re: Career mode
A head's up on Career mode.

At the AFL 23 Launch night I mentioned the non-team based Individual Career Mode in an interview with Dean (Twistie3). As alluded to at that same event, we were working with the AFL and AFLPA to include as many past legends in the game as possible.

The great news is that we have received approval for far more AFL legends than were previously envisaged, but this has meant that we had to make the tough decision to divert resources away from the Individual Career mode development. The individual Career Mode function will not make it into AFL 23, Career Mode will be entirely team based. I expect this mode to be include in future iterations of the game.

Re: microtransactions
You do not have to make purchases, things can be earned.

Re: general development
So fundamentally flawed, in so many ways, it’s bananas.

We are doing AFL as it’s a passion project, without us doing it there would not be one being made.

So much more upside with making games that are played internationally, let alone one that will not even be played in every state in this country.

Last edited:
If it's a big ant does that make it a bull ant or are they oversized regular ants
I believe it's a centre for ants.

c.jpg

I must be missing something here, so you’re telling me after the last delay with the potential for another one to Xbox, big ant could not have submitted a request to have the “agreement” changed to have it available digitally just in the instance that the hard copies don’t make it in time.

Or did they literally just accept the last delay and not have a plan b?

Not only have lost numerous pre orders but I dare say numerous copies sold through this saga. Over half the season will be done by the time the game will come out

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Would be cause the retailers wouldve got salty i believe.
But yea big ant couldve went about it much better

Big Ant is a joke. If the AFL did its due diligence they wouldn't gift licenses to these studios.

This is nothing to do with the physical disc and everything to do with the game not being up to Xbox standards from a consumer perspective (ie. updates, connectivity, etc etc). This always happens on Xbox for Big Ant games. They're not being honest and rather than announce the news themselves they filted it through to gaming blogs and youtubers. Meanwhile their CEO is posting daily updates from India and the BA Twitter account is MIA.

I can't fathom how the AFL is happy with this. ******* amateur hour.

Explains why there is absolutely no issue from PlayStation and Steam? A delay in one console at the end of the day isn’t the end of the world

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Just over 24 hours away from release, and Im getting the vibe this thread hasn’t been this unexcited for AFL23 in months…

It’s industry data, I’m telling you!
I was going to stay up till midnight to buy it digitally but obviously now cant.
Doesnt help that redfall is shit too 🤣.
Bad week to be a xbox owner lmfao

Just over 24 hours away from release, and Im getting the vibe this thread hasn’t been this unexcited for AFL23 in months…

It’s industry data, I’m telling you!
Big Ant’s handling of marketing and the lack of transparency throughout the entire period of pre-ordering until now has been a farce.

The very fact that just over 24 hours out from release there is more attention on frustration and disappointment instead of the game itself is proof of this.

I can’t imagine that they have done their relationship with the AFL any favors in this process.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I assume we don't have an official press release because Ross is trying to get details for digital and physical Xbox release, "Mid June" will turn the comments even more brutal than what they will already be on FB/Twitter

Can someone please answer a question for me?
I’ve never used PlayStation plus. Will it be needed for the game? I’ll likely only play career mode. Is there a cost associated? If so how much?
Thanks in advance.

Can someone please answer a question for me?
I’ve never used PlayStation plus. Will it be needed for the game? I’ll likely only play career mode. Is there a cost associated? If so how much?
Thanks in advance.
PS Plus is only if you wanna play online, so you wont need it to play career mode.

Anyone got any ideas on what the Steam price is going to be?
most likely $99

I assume we don't have an official press release because Ross is trying to get details for digital and physical Xbox release, "Mid June" will turn the comments even more brutal than what they will already be on FB/Twitter
If JB and EB have communicated with their customers about the delay, that says to me that Big Ant already has all the information that they need to create a press release.

The fact that they haven’t communicated anything anywhere other than in this forum is disappointing.

While I was going to go digital on Xbox, I had the plan of attack sorted (While I wouldn't have got it as cheap as JB's $79..... I wouldn't have paid $99.95 via the way of discounted Xbox gift cards). Now I have to source discounted Steam gift cards instead, a minor inconvenience.... but still grr

Ewf.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back