Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHEN CAN I PLAY? READ BELOW:
  • PlayStation (Physical): Thursday 4 May
  • PlayStation (Digital): 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May
  • Steam: Currently 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May, may be moved to 12:01am AEST
  • Xbox (Digital or Physical): TO BE CONFIRMED, unlikely to be 4 May

Those that pre-ordered PS versions will be able to play on Thursday, disks will have already been mailed by retailers, they will also be available in-store.

Steam will also be available Thursday.

Stating the obvious, we are still having issues with XBox.

Seriously, anyone that looks hard knows there’s issues - why do you think there are so many exclusives for a particular platform that are not marked as exclusive, but are only on that platform.

If I took that road, life would have been a lot easier.

Xbox digital and retail will release at the same time - that is not a decision we get to make.

It applies now and I will no doubt pay a price.

Re: commentary team
Hamish is still there, Daisy didn't make it into the final version of the game.

We added Gary and increased the workload of Harf.

Re: game availability/release dates
I can never give 100% guarantee about anything in the future, but as it stands today, the statement I am prepared to make it that all stock that is at retailers on 4 May will be available for sale.

As to the amount that will be there for sale, and whether it is enough, that is a question I cannot answer.

It will be made digitally available on the various platform holder electronic stores.

Clarifying, the game will not release prior to 4 May 2023.

I am vague as there is one platform that has had sufficient stock at retailers and the other has not, and I cannot name them (contractual reasons).

The game will not be further delayed because of the numbers of units in stock.

Re: Steam listing
I've already put in a request for the screenshots to be replaced with current ones, they'll probably only be there for a day.

As much as the feedback has generally been positive, these are old, meant to be placeholder only and were not meant to go live.

Re: playing lists
All playing lists are accurate for the 2023 season.

Re: content creator footage
This is all prior to day one patch (as some have noted updates like numbers etc are apparent)

Re: Career mode
A head's up on Career mode.

At the AFL 23 Launch night I mentioned the non-team based Individual Career Mode in an interview with Dean (Twistie3). As alluded to at that same event, we were working with the AFL and AFLPA to include as many past legends in the game as possible.

The great news is that we have received approval for far more AFL legends than were previously envisaged, but this has meant that we had to make the tough decision to divert resources away from the Individual Career mode development. The individual Career Mode function will not make it into AFL 23, Career Mode will be entirely team based. I expect this mode to be include in future iterations of the game.

Re: microtransactions
You do not have to make purchases, things can be earned.

Re: general development
So fundamentally flawed, in so many ways, it’s bananas.

We are doing AFL as it’s a passion project, without us doing it there would not be one being made.

So much more upside with making games that are played internationally, let alone one that will not even be played in every state in this country.

Last edited:
I like the fluidity of the run up into the kick very much 🔥!! Did you see a lot of unique goal kick animations Michaels ? Thanks for the footage!
I do have another one of Harry McKay I'll upload later that was different to the others, he was spinning the ball in his hand etc. so there is a uniqueness to these i feel.

I'm really digging the 2 x step process for set shots.

even on easy mode there were plenty of teams I had the power all ok but I held the second bar for timing too long and you can see the kick turns into a floater and usually misses or falls short if you're a good distance out.

Can anyone who attended the old afl live play sessions remember when they were announced in relation to when they actually happened? You'd think next weekend or the one following?

I went to 2 last time and I think they had probably a fortnights notice…? The first one was Bourke st I believe downstairs from BA offices & the second was at an EB which I knew about in advance.

I like the fluidity of the run up into the kick very much 🔥!! Did you see a lot of unique goal kick animations Michaels ? Thanks for the footage!
here is the Harry one, different to Lynch.

Can anyone who attended the old afl live play sessions remember when they were announced in relation to when they actually happened? You'd think next weekend or the one following?
The one I went to in Frankston was on the 20th of March. It was announced on this forum on the 15th of March. Game was released on 21st of April or a few days earlier.

Fair enough, but others have given examples of 2k doing exactly the same thing with pre-release, dev builds prior to release for many of their titles - it's just the way it works.

Gameplay is a fine balance, particularly positioning, one bit out and the rest falls (dominos) - so until it's final, it's not final.
yeah this is just how it is for practically every game, Its the downside of this being a footy forum not a gaming one theres a lot who just don't understand game development.(mind you the same can actually be said for gaming forums o_o)

Now a serious question utterly integral to my enjoyment of the game.....If i kick a goal with Duursma will he whip out the bow and arrow? 🏹🏹🏹

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ultimate team confirmed a few weeks after launch then

I want to apologize in advance to my bank account - I’m sorry little fella
Haven't watched but is it confirmed in the video that it's a game mode you can pay to unlock players?

The reason I ask is that I'm not expecting it to be like that. I'd be surprised if it had significantly different team building mechanics to the Big XI mode in their cricket game.

Haven't watched but is it confirmed in the video that it's a game mode you can pay to unlock players?

The reason I ask is that I'm not expecting it to be like that. I'd be surprised if it had significantly different team building mechanics to the Big XI mode in their cricket game.
Ross pretty much said without saying that it will be an UT style mode.

Hope there's a way we can add current sponsors to those retro kits, i know there's the academy but might be hard to get around licensing with those kits

Goal kicking was great in AFL Live, nailing bananas from ridiculous angles no sweat.
Set shots could have been harder. The difficulty came more from guessing how much hook a player had on their kicks. I'd love to see more of a wind factor as well. If the wind is blowing from right to left, it should be near (but not totally) impossible for a right footer to kick a goal from the right pocket with a drop punt.

Ultimate team confirmed a few weeks after launch then

I want to apologize in advance to my bank account - I’m sorry little fella
Gonna be honest, I don't know a single thing about UT. I think I tried it once, can't remember what game, maybe a Madden or an NBA game. Spent about half an hour on it before I realised I had no idea what I was even supposed to be doing (or who the players were, lol). Then I think I had to play someone online and they reamed me so I went back to whatever offline mode I was doing before.

If it's in this game though I'll probably give it a sniff around for the hell of it. Is the "goal" of these modes just to play your teams against each other online? Or is it something you can enjoy without the online PvP element?

Stats as at 7 October 2022. We will be updating based on performance.

OVERALLNAME
94Christian Petracca
94Clayton Oliver
94Lachie Neale
93Patrick Cripps
93Marcus Bontempelli
92Shai Bolton
92Tom Papley
92Tom Stewart
91Jack Macrae
91Touk Miller
91Tom Lynch
91Josh Kelly
91Callum Mills
91Josh Dunkley
91Charlie Cameron
91Darcy Moore
91Jack Steele
91Brayden Maynard
91Jeremy Cameron
91Isaac Heeney
90Toby Greene
90Tom Liberatore
90Jack Crisp
90Jeremy Howe
90Ollie Wines
90Jordan De Goey
90Harris Andrews
90Daniel Rioli
90Hugh McCluggage
90James Sicily
90Andrew Brayshaw
90Sam Docherty
90Stephen Coniglio
90Tom Hawkins
90Charlie Curnow
90Jamie Elliott
90Dane Rampe
90Tom Green
90Zach Merrett
90Rory Laird
90Lachie Whitfield
90Jack Sinclair
90Connor Rozee
90Max Gawn
90Jordan Dawson
89Angus Brayshaw
89Adam Saad
89Luke Davies-Uniacke
89Sam Walsh
89Jacob Weitering
sorry but some of these ratings are absloute crap, though not as bad as the ones last night
players like rozee or LDU or daniel rioli arent 90 rated, 90 rated are meant to be for the very best players in the comp
the fact that dusty isnt even on this list is laughable.
FIFA does a way better job at the ratings. some mistakes but they get the best 20 or so players in the world close to being correct

for afl a rough list of who should be 90 rated plus (not in any order) would be

Bont, cripps, oliver, gawn, dusty, neale, lynch, hawkins, petracca

these guys you would say are mostly the best in the comp, yet in that other list you have papley as a 92??

sorry but some of these ratings are absloute crap, though not as bad as the ones last night
players like rozee or LDU or daniel rioli arent 90 rated, 90 rated are meant to be for the very best players in the comp
FIFA does a way better job at the ratings. some mistakes but they get the best 20 or so players in the world close to being correct

these guys you would say are mostly the best in the comp, yet in that other list you have papley as a 92??
This is the thing about ratings they can be highly subjective like i agree Rozee isn't a 90 but i'd actually argue he should be rated higher not lower.

Hey mate unsure if you know, player ratings are dictated by Champion Data, more in depth statistically wise per position for player, not just what you see on tv or Brownlow votes. I think players like Daniel Rioli and Tom Papley are rated ELITE for their positions respectively. Otherwise you would only have midfielders rated 90+ and never see any defenders/forwards from non Victorian clubs etc in the list as there can be a general bias towards midfielders from big clubs ie Dustin Martin

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back