Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHEN CAN I PLAY? READ BELOW:
  • PlayStation (Physical): Thursday 4 May
  • PlayStation (Digital): 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May
  • Steam: Currently 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May, may be moved to 12:01am AEST
  • Xbox (Digital or Physical): TO BE CONFIRMED, unlikely to be 4 May

Those that pre-ordered PS versions will be able to play on Thursday, disks will have already been mailed by retailers, they will also be available in-store.

Steam will also be available Thursday.

Stating the obvious, we are still having issues with XBox.

Seriously, anyone that looks hard knows there’s issues - why do you think there are so many exclusives for a particular platform that are not marked as exclusive, but are only on that platform.

If I took that road, life would have been a lot easier.

Xbox digital and retail will release at the same time - that is not a decision we get to make.

It applies now and I will no doubt pay a price.

Re: commentary team
Hamish is still there, Daisy didn't make it into the final version of the game.

We added Gary and increased the workload of Harf.

Re: game availability/release dates
I can never give 100% guarantee about anything in the future, but as it stands today, the statement I am prepared to make it that all stock that is at retailers on 4 May will be available for sale.

As to the amount that will be there for sale, and whether it is enough, that is a question I cannot answer.

It will be made digitally available on the various platform holder electronic stores.

Clarifying, the game will not release prior to 4 May 2023.

I am vague as there is one platform that has had sufficient stock at retailers and the other has not, and I cannot name them (contractual reasons).

The game will not be further delayed because of the numbers of units in stock.

Re: Steam listing
I've already put in a request for the screenshots to be replaced with current ones, they'll probably only be there for a day.

As much as the feedback has generally been positive, these are old, meant to be placeholder only and were not meant to go live.

Re: playing lists
All playing lists are accurate for the 2023 season.

Re: content creator footage
This is all prior to day one patch (as some have noted updates like numbers etc are apparent)

Re: Career mode
A head's up on Career mode.

At the AFL 23 Launch night I mentioned the non-team based Individual Career Mode in an interview with Dean (Twistie3). As alluded to at that same event, we were working with the AFL and AFLPA to include as many past legends in the game as possible.

The great news is that we have received approval for far more AFL legends than were previously envisaged, but this has meant that we had to make the tough decision to divert resources away from the Individual Career mode development. The individual Career Mode function will not make it into AFL 23, Career Mode will be entirely team based. I expect this mode to be include in future iterations of the game.

Re: microtransactions
You do not have to make purchases, things can be earned.

Re: general development
So fundamentally flawed, in so many ways, it’s bananas.

We are doing AFL as it’s a passion project, without us doing it there would not be one being made.

So much more upside with making games that are played internationally, let alone one that will not even be played in every state in this country.

Last edited:
38B1C565-E660-49D8-833E-FBBF85098965.jpeg
Came across this for rll4 (a big ant developed game) wonder if this is what the interchange system will be like for afl 23. This menu is brought up during play and allows for changes to be made without having to pause the game.

nah i so see what you mean now. but it’s a video game. we saw it in evo and i’m hoping we don’t see it again. i’m sure a lot of people in this thread understand what i mean and that the players have just completely froze in their positions, some facing towards ball carrier and some not. that’s all i’m saying. and not one has hands on their hip. their just standing there. literally being NPC !!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

they are frozen….because it’s a screenshot! Anyone can move at anytime after that shot is taken.

With the addition of rival teams (see achievement list) will there be the addition of rivalries between ex teammates. Ie if one of your players leaves in the off season, will your fans boo them? Will it be talked about on commentary etc?

With the addition of rival teams (see achievement list) will there be the addition of rivalries between ex teammates. Ie if one of your players leaves in the off season, will your fans boo them? Will it be talked about on commentary etc?
So many variables and that would involve a ton of coding and a lot more commentary needed………seems like BA would have spent their time doing other things? Maybe?

Is that stuff even in FIFA?
I’m pretty sure 2K has pretty individualised commentary recorded, but I can’t imagine there’s any way to have it be dynamic in the sense of trades in career mode.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1669945
Came across this for rll4 (a big ant developed game) wonder if this is what the interchange system will be like for afl 23. This menu is brought up during play and allows for changes to be made without having to pause the game.

Teams should automatically rotate so that all players get sufficient game time, like in Evo 2 (albeit with some bugs, but I liked how it worked). I'm certainly not gonna be making manual changes every two minutes.

View attachment 1669945
This is actually a really simple and effective way of easily making interchanges in rll4. Would only make sense that its carried over into afl

Teams should automatically rotate so that all players get sufficient game time, like in Evo 2 (albeit with some bugs, but I liked how it worked). I'm certainly not gonna be making manual changes every two minutes.
Mm one thing about automated interchange is that sometimes you just don’t want the ai to take out your best player (even if fatigued). With BA’s track record and I guess just generally with sports games they will make it a option whether it’s auto or manual interchanges.

Is that stuff even in FIFA?
FIFA just has a random pop up and “he’s playing against his old side” and sometimes show the player in the pregame video. Has taken 25 years to include it though and it’s barely noticeable

View attachment 1669945
I'm pretty sure that AFL Live had that too but I can't quite remember. So if that was the case with AFL Live, I'm 100% certain it would be in AFL 23.

I’m pretty sure 2K has pretty individualised commentary recorded, but I can’t imagine there’s any way to have it be dynamic in the sense of trades in career mode.

Well as part of the trade itself, the game will know the original club, the new club and the player involved. Just need the commentary to plug into that. So the next time they play you'd have something like if [original team] vs [new team] and [player x] is selected then commentator dribbles "[player x] against the team that didn't want him!" or some bs.

Obviously simplified but all the data is there already.

I'm pretty sure that AFL Live had that too but I can't quite remember. So if that was the case with AFL Live, I'm 100% certain it would be in AFL 23.
Afl live is super old and rll4 is not as old, so yeah best guess is that BA has kept that system……..if it works why not include it.

View attachment 1669945

Yea real useful having to read a menu which has no obvious natural controls to it while the game continues. Change without pausing is the most pointless feature ever invented. How about adding the ability to pause for 10 seconds during the game in multiplayer, where for some reason you can't pause to make changes even at the breaks, so if your second ruck goes to full forward and your full forward goes to ruck, destroying your chances of winning a clearance, you've automatically lost.

Yea real useful having to read a menu which has no obvious natural controls to it while the game continues. Change without pausing is the most pointless feature ever invented. How about adding the ability to pause for 10 seconds during the game in multiplayer, where for some reason you can't pause to make changes even at the breaks, so if your second ruck goes to full forward and your full forward goes to ruck, destroying your chances of winning a clearance, you've automatically lost.
3EA1EA92-B12B-4335-82BD-35DE77814646.jpeg

It’s pretty quick and effective and watching a video of it in play is pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back