AFL Cairns - 2011 Season Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just how far did Little Dicky search or advertise for a coach, no other club seems to have a great deal of trouble attracting someone fairly decent enough to call the shots,:cool:

or

Ahh ---Richard is holding the name close to his bossem till the ink drys :eek:

If Plugger isn't playing funny buggers, if they're really contemplating a team manager in a role other than being the coach, they must be getting desperate.

Most clubs will have started some sort of training or planning for next year in the on-field department, this usually being led by the coach.

My tip is that they have a coach in mind, but not quite 100% confirmed. If the deal isn't done by Christmas, they'll be pushing it up hill, because genuine training really needs to start by February.

Maybe they're bidding against Port for one or a few people's services and that's the hold up for both of them? Anyone going for coin would me mad not to be trying them both out.

Just how far did Little Dicky search or advertise for a coach, no other club seems to have a great deal of trouble attracting someone fairly decent enough to call the shots,:cool:

or

Ahh ---Richard is holding the name close to his bossem till the ink drys :eek:

Only Cities can really say that this far out from 2012.

I would be surprised if Saints capitulated under Powell, he seems like he'll be a good coach and Norths should continue on the improve. However if i was at Centrals i wouldn't have been stoked with Chris Adams given the stories and what i witnessed first hand this year. Will also be interesting if the chip and charge game plan will be seen at Centrals this year, given that it plays right into Adams strength (foot skills). Souths coach is an unknown, especially given some less than rave reviews on the Western Border thread as mentioned previously.

MAybe Hawks just don't want to settle for a second rate coach and are exploring all options before pulling the trigger.

Pretty hard to get a good coach to come up to Cairns, if you look at the average age of a coach they generally have themselves set up with work/family in their current location.

Would players sign at Hawks if they don't have a coach?

So Cunningham is coach at Centrals and Adams is his assistant, makes more sense.

Saw in the Port Douglas Gazette that Brad Cooper is the new coach at the Croc Pit, a good appointment i believe.
With a lot of youth about to be unveiled forget about the hype the cutter and tigers faithful go on about how they have the most promising youth etc etc
Port Douglas and there young brigade of players will be the sleeping giant in 2012, remember they went undefeated in the reserves until that last game in september and that side was predominately made up of players 21 and under so dont write them of just yet.
I think under the experience of cooper their club will be on the cusp of a golden era. but, that is from the outside looking in and only 1 persons thoughts.

On another note how exciting will this first test against the kiwis be with Dave Warner in the lineup

Interesting comments, i spent quite a while talking with Chris whilst trying to lure him to our club in Victoria, Yes we were aware of all that is stated above and during our discussions found him to be a very respectful and honest right throughout the process, its a pity some players i have spoken with haven't got half of his integrity. We eventually missed out on getting Chris but would not hesitate to have him with our club in the future. I will watch this space in future to see if the present Souths coach gets the same treatment off his playing group, there seem to be a lot of biased posts by people who are afraid to take the initiative and look at there own club structures, supporter and player groups before bagging others.
As for players treating him as stated i can only say that if it happened here those individuals would be dealt with severely and swiftly no matter what the circumstances. It appears like people are amused by these actions towards chris but from an outsiders point of view it is merely a reflection of the club and league itself.
I normally wouldn't post in here but can only compliment Chris Adams during our discussions and hope that in 12 months he gets as many apologies as he does sledges

Its amazing how when you meet someone the opinions you may have formed from heresay and preconceived ideas just fly right out the window when you take the time to get to know the person as a person and judge him on his thoughts and actions. not just as an easy target, and jumping on the band wagon when the tickets have been marked down, so kudos to you "snake plisken" well said.

Just want to here the thoughts of you experts out there,

Ill put up the 2011 Representative side.
with the exclusion of players leaving the competition for next year, who would you choose for you best 22 to represent cairns in 2012.
(highlighted names are the players i have heard wont be in the region in 2012)

Brendan Tennick, Evan Hocking, Luke Powell, Campbell Wurramurra, Gareth Oughton, Paul Tavener, Brennan Beall, Cameron Bartlett, Reece Poyner, Thomas Holland, Sam Boxall, Matthew Harth, Elliot Bath, Greg Braico, Scott Roberts, Rob Kensey, Ryan Matthews, Lukas Ehlich, Kane Uebergang, Chris Adams, Mathew White, Daniel Smith, Damien Dewis

will be interesting to see your thoughts, from looks of it the competition wont be as strong as in previous seasons

Only Cities can really say that this far out from 2012.

I would be surprised if Saints capitulated under Powell, he seems like he'll be a good coach and Norths should continue on the improve. However if i was at Centrals i wouldn't have been stoked with Chris Adams given the stories and what i witnessed first hand this year. Will also be interesting if the chip and charge game plan will be seen at Centrals this year, given that it plays right into Adams strength (foot skills). Souths coach is an unknown, especially given some less than rave reviews on the Western Border thread as mentioned previously.

MAybe Hawks just don't want to settle for a second rate coach and are exploring all options before pulling the trigger.

Powell is a good player, no doubt about that, but how do you know that Powell will be a good coach?? Ill make that judgement at end of season. would be hard to be a bad coach when you have a lot of good players at your disposal, Saints to me is like a rep side. you dont really need to coach them you just have to put them in positions that they are happy with and boost their ego

I mean this sincerely plugger, but what is the difference between a team manager and a coach? I've never followed soccer so I'm ignorant on this matter? The positives and negatives of it??

I mean this sincerely plugger, but what is the difference between a team manager and a coach? I've never followed soccer so I'm ignorant on this matter? The positives and negatives of it??
I think you'll find tommy gump is pulling everyones leg and Hawks will announce a coach from SA in the next week or so...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Souths coach is an unknown, especially given some less than rave reviews on the Western Border thread as mentioned previously.

Why is Souths coach an unknown / 2nd rate ????

just because you or some of your drinking buddies don't know him

he has an impressive finals report behind him, if you care to take the time to research & find out.

Don't worry what was thrown to me when I asked on the Western front, more assassins in the mix

I think you'll find tommy gump is pulling everyones leg and Hawks will announce a coach from SA in the next week or so...

The Tommy Gun pulls no legs, why SA though Watsons? Could be WA, VIC or even Tasmania. The choices for a Team Manager are endless.

Powell is a good player, no doubt about that, but how do you know that Powell will be a good coach?? Ill make that judgement at end of season. would be hard to be a bad coach when you have a lot of good players at your disposal, Saints to me is like a rep side. you dont really need to coach them you just have to put them in positions that they are happy with and boost their ego

Boost their ego??? You have just posted twice about yourself.

Coaching Saints would be a tough task. Choosing the coach would be even harder. The coach must be able to recruit using what the club can offer, a culture and generally a job for those in need. A team of champions will never beat a champion team so what your saying is crap.

Brad Cooper is an excellent choice, he will look after the local youth. Have Souths/Lions started training yet? If so how are the new coaches settling in?

Like Cooper at Port, Powelly is a perfect choice at Saints, he is liked and respected, he leads by example at training and on the field. From all reports Nick will compliment him.. Enjoyment and respect are two important traits that were lacking at some clubs last year. Players should not have the power, but the coach needs to dangle a carrot to keep them happy.

Uebergang is another departure from Port from this years Rep side. I don't think naming who has left from the rep side is a true indication of the leagues strength, it would be the same turnover most years. Availability took its toll on the best side this season. Way to early to be naming next years rep side, when and where will it be next season?

You had Weetra coaching the Hawks on this thread at one stage, flog basket:).

You haven't replied to your application as Team Manager yet Stephen. You were all keen for it before telling me how you will rule the competition with an iron fist. And now when the cards are layed on the table you have ran off.

Just so people know, Stephen is a 8x Premiership Coach, 5x Assistant Premiership coach and a 15x Premiership Captian. :D

Just want to here the thoughts of you experts out there,

Ill put up the 2011 Representative side.
with the exclusion of players leaving the competition for next year, who would you choose for you best 22 to represent cairns in 2012.
(highlighted names are the players i have heard wont be in the region in 2012)

Brendan Tennick, Evan Hocking, Luke Powell, Campbell Wurramurra, Gareth Oughton, Paul Tavener, Brennan Beall, Cameron Bartlett, Reece Poyner, Thomas Holland, Sam Boxall, Matthew Harth, Elliot Bath, Greg Braico, Scott Roberts, Rob Kensey, Ryan Matthews, Lukas Ehlich, Kane Uebergang, Chris Adams, Mathew White, Daniel Smith, Damien Dewis

will be interesting to see your thoughts, from looks of it the competition wont be as strong as in previous seasons

Ubergang and Harth are going to.

Powell will be a great coach as he leads by example, is well liked by the playing group and has a great football brain.

I see y u didn't answer my question plugger coz according to google a team manager is a coach... "manager's role means he has sole responsibility for all on-the-field elements of the team. Among other activities, this includes selecting the team squad, the starting team, captain, tactics, substitutes and penalty-takers" looks really innovative.. :confused:

I see y u didn't answer my question plugger coz according to google a team manager is a coach... "manager's role means he has sole responsibility for all on-the-field elements of the team. Among other activities, this includes selecting the team squad, the starting team, captain, tactics, substitutes and penalty-takers" looks really innovative.. :confused:

Just wait and see it's progress :thumbsu:
But as stated in the original post of the Team Manager.

It is still subject to confirmation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back