AFL Cairns - 2011 Season Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
New president announced at port. new coach in the next 2 days, is the whisper.

I contacted my source at the Crocs and he tells me that Andy Smith has taken over again. He also told me that he thinks the Crocs will lose up to 30 players from last season.

I contacted my source at the Crocs and he tells me that Andy Smith has taken over again. He also told me that he thinks the Crocs will lose up to 30 players from last season.

I cant help but NOT feel sorry for the crocs. They are continually allowed to NOT invest in juniors and INVEST in players to fly in and fly out season after season. I suppose you can when you pay ONLY $800 a year in ground expenses, electricity, water and waste, maintenance of the club and club rooms, ground resurfacing, grass cutting, line marking etc etc YES YES YES, thats all they pay! Freedom of information (FOI) informed me that Port Douglas are classified by the old Douglas Shire as having a 'Parks Lease' which means while other clubs like mine at tigerland spend thousands and thousands on the ground, rates, electricity etc Port pay a flat fee of $800 a year and THATS IT! Disgusting isnt it and something the league keeps VERY VERY quiet!

This is how they can afford smith, shaw brothers x 2, Viola, Hocking all in excess of $350 a game......

It would be interesting to see how much saints pay a week in incentives and how many players receive incentives a week. let's be honest if they are paying 3 grand to 10 players a week in incentives that's pretty much guranteeing any good player he's getting cash weekly

It would be interesting to see how much saints pay a week in incentives and how many players receive incentives a week. let's be honest if they are paying 3 grand to 10 players a week in incentives that's pretty much guranteeing any good player he's getting cash weekly

Best on gets $300 or 350
2nd best - $200
3rd-best $100
then 2-3 $50 awards.... Thats close to correct...

If you have a look at the clubs in Vic where some of the Saints players come from you will see how they don't need to offer money as the guys play for flags not money...
Kennedy, Walsh, Parsons, Byrne, Dwyer, Hose, Nunn - Redan
Coatsworth, Dixon, Martin, Cockfield, Noonan - Wycheproof
Hislop, Hallas, New Coach and his car load of mates ;) - Croydon

All very successful clubs in Vic who spend less than other clubs in their respective leagues....

Culture builds on going success not money!!!!

Doggies, your club is looking at it all the wrong way. Recruiting players by paying them as their sole motivation means they will only ever be transient and only ever play for the money. Saints recruit by selling the lifestyle of a good bunch of mates in Cairns who stick together and play for each other, so when you move up here, you'll have a new bunch of best mates rather than a bunch of people who are here as long as they're getting paid. Many have now been here for years and have ownership of the club which means they don't care they're not being paid.

I think the reason the Saints people on here bang on about it is that they can't believe others don't take a similar approach.

That is all likely true, but they still pay players. I met a bloke who had moved up to Cairns because of family and was offered 250 a game at Saints, yet being one of the most injury riddled player i'd ever met he didn't play this year. Can't confirm if he was offered a sub deputy vice back up assistant coaching position though. :rolleyes:

Motivate the horse to run, then take It to the lake and It will drink. Get that horse thirsty.

what if the horse has a big case of the cant be f#%'s and will give up when the going gets tough. what do you do then?? you might be able to drag 1 horse to the lake and dip its nose in but can you drag 22 or even 50 horse's to the lake???
There is only so much motivation that you can give until your voice is hoarse and you cant motivate any more.

I shudder remembering those winter days, both watching and playing footy while it was either raining or too cold to hold a Melbourne Bitter tin.

:thumbsu: Told the club I am not playing this year unless they stock Melbourne Bitter tins in the fridge. Holding them to ransom over it. If any club out there stocks these, please let me know. Oh, and throw a heap of cash in also. Highest cash bid wins, I will take sign on as well!;) I am really good at footy. Played for Hawthorn in the 2008 premiership. Also had offers to play for Man U. Good with dogs (Tamba:D).

:thumbsu: Told the club I am not playing this year unless they stock Melbourne Bitter tins in the fridge. Holding them to ransom over it. If any club out there stocks these, please let me know. Oh, and throw a heap of cash in also. Highest cash bid wins, I will take sign on as well!;) I am really good at footy. Played for Hawthorn in the 2008 premiership. Also had offers to play for Man U. Good with dogs (Tamba:D).

We did have Melbourne Bitter from memory as I was stacking it & it also was on tap when 4 of us ran the bar a couple yrs ago , not sure if we still do. Some players wanted so we ordered.

Got plenty of monopoly money, didn't get the cheque book since the club announced Grant as Coach.

DrRichardKimble (Quote) Culture builds on going success not money!!!! (UN-Quote)

100% agree Dr.

Away from the money subject for a bit, can't believe still only 2 teams have coaches for next year!?!? Great news at Tigerland with a couple of major signings very close to being official, can't help but think that might have something to do with next years plans already in place. Surely this time of year is when out-of-towners are having a look for where to play.:confused::confused:
Huge day on Sunday at the club with great turnout to working bee (footballers almost outnumbered by netballers!) club looks a treat and reportedly renovations to be done in time for next year. Go Tigers.
PS Collo, Lamasery, you beauty!!(got me outta the s**t)

What renovations are being done at the club Watsons? Know the netball court is being built. Things seem nice and settled at the club and hopefully that leads to a few snatch signings for those who role into Cairns! Very exciting times at Tigers, but on the field their is still plenty to do...

Lamasery helped me, but I still have plenty of work to do Saturday otherwise I may need to make a comeback at Doggies club.

what if the horse has a big case of the cant be f#%'s and will give up when the going gets tough. what do you do then?? you might be able to drag 1 horse to the lake and dip its nose in but can you drag 22 or even 50 horse's to the lake???
There is only so much motivation that you can give until your voice is hoarse and you cant motivate any more.

Mate, you sound like a former coach who's bitter that you havn't been able to get the best out of a group, I could be wrong? Your user name doesn't fool anyone either. I've a fair idea who you are, but, I don't give people up. Don't post to much more about coaching because you'll give yourself up, just simple advice. I havn't looked at your profile either, just read your posts here and the one on the Mackay thread, cheers.

Mate, you sound like a former coach who's bitter that you havn't been able to get the best out of a group, I could be wrong? Your user name doesn't fool anyone either. I've a fair idea who you are, but, I don't give people up. Don't post to much more about coaching because you'll give yourself up, just simple advice. I havn't looked at your profile either, just read your posts here and the one on the Mackay thread, cheers.

Not bitter at all steve, just replying to your posts and comments as it reads as if you know a lot and I was merely correcting a mistake you made in 1 of your posts. I'm a big believer if your going to say something or make a statement, just make sure you know the facts not 2nd, 3rd or 4th hand. Half truths don't sit well with me and I'm sure a lot of avid bloggers can agree with me. But keep up your good work I look forward to reading more of your comedy :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DRK, you've got to halve those payments for a loss, don't forget. So for a loss the entire player budget is about $400.

Nobody who plays for money would go to a club for that kind of coin.

If you stuff the horse with water before it's had a run, don't try and make it drink when you want it to.

Those people who say they've been offered money probably misunderstood that they could potentially get that money if they were best on ground. Or perhaps they're talking themselves up for more money elsewhere.

That is all likely true, but they still pay players. I met a bloke who had moved up to Cairns because of family and was offered 250 a game at Saints, yet being one of the most injury riddled player i'd ever met he didn't play this year. Can't confirm if he was offered a sub deputy vice back up assistant coaching position though. :rolleyes:

I met a bloke on Mitchell Street in Darwin, who had recently returned from Cairns, who said he heard from his friend's cousin's best mate that the son of a man married to a former Cairns netballer was offered "free" entry into every Saints home game as an "incentive" to play. Not to mention a Powerade after the game, served under the table.

Some excellent investigative journalism going on here. With those skills, you could work for Today Tonight.

I met a bloke on Mitchell Street in Darwin, who had recently returned from Cairns, who said he heard from his friend's cousin's best mate that the son of a man married to a former Cairns netballer was offered "free" entry into every Saints home game as an "incentive" to play. Not to mention a Powerade after the game, served under the table.

Some excellent investigative journalism going on here. With those skills, you could work for Today Tonight.

As with most clubs in australia you will find that when you pay your rego it includes free entry to home games. I am yet to see a club that doesnt have this.

A drop that is worth fighting for. If you find a club that has a fully stocked shelf of those bad boys, let me know.

A drop that is worth fighting for. If you find a club that has a fully stocked shelf of those bad boys, let me know.

I would have thought a magician of your standing Gob would prefer a little bit of gobble gobble rather than a Melbourne can. I know Tamba had an old friend who was a Turkey swilling gentleman....

Lachrilly I hope you were joking with your response to Gob??? Because his brothers, unties, cousin in South Africa told me their dog heard from a rhino that you just might not understand sarcasm???;)

On another note I heard from a reliable source that Plugger has gone quiet because he is attending the very same fat camp that Lance Whitnall attended. Very reliable...

On another note I heard from a reliable source that Plugger has gone quiet because he is attending the very same fat camp that Lance Whitnall attended. Very reliable...

no he is just giving everyone on the punting board the sh*ts but doing what everyone hates and posting tips that lose then posting 10minutes after a race 'yeah i was on that one to' haha Or trying to figure out why his $2 e/w bet didnt pay out when his horse runs 3rd in a 5 horse race...

no he is just giving everyone on the punting board the sh*ts but doing what everyone hates and posting tips that lose then posting 10minutes after a race 'yeah i was on that one to' haha Or trying to figure out why his $2 e/w bet didnt pay out when his horse runs 3rd in a 5 horse race...

Stalking is a sad addiction DrRichardKimble :thumbsu:

Only thing worse is people who tip favourites and then gloat that they win. When juding by the odds, every idiot and their dog thought it would win.

I don't tip my hat to a tip unless it pays at least $10. Anything less than that is just sheeple maths.

Not bitter at all steve, just replying to your posts and comments as it reads as if you know a lot and I was merely correcting a mistake you made in 1 of your posts. I'm a big believer if your going to say something or make a statement, just make sure you know the facts not 2nd, 3rd or 4th hand. Half truths don't sit well with me and I'm sure a lot of avid bloggers can agree with me. But keep up your good work I look forward to reading more of your comedy :)

LOL, ok yer right:eek:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back