AFL Cairns - 2011 Season Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamba View Post
a birdie has said your club wasn't interest in the coaches that applied, they weren't good enough I hear, when one was at least asked to submit his business card, mmmmm???

wheres the slander in that previous quote ?????

Another side step from you..............cmon who told you or are you telling more porky pies???

We both know you are.

I will not say who my source are

just the same as you don't and others on here, so get off you mighty horse & you shut up you obnoxious moron

You sound mad............UMAD:cool:

Let me repeat It again for you, you're a hypocrite. Someone suggested Adams was a muppet and you turn all slander:eek:. Anyone posts anything remotly untoward about Soufs and you want names, dates, times etc.

I just simply pull back the curtain on your double standard posts and promote what a fool you really are:thumbsu:.

Will I add you to my friends list:):heart:????

You sound mad............UMAD:cool:

Anyone posts anything remotly untoward about Soufs and you want names, dates, times etc.

Will I add you to my friends list:):heart:????

Couldn't give a rats A

That's rubbish ,talk properly about football up here & get off your mighty high horse

Don't care who u r or what talent you think you have your a Shit stirrer that is all
I'm just going to ignor u from now on

Do I hear cheers yes I do piss off back South to the southern forums:p

Couldn't give a rats A

That's rubbish ,talk properly about football up here & get off your mighty high horse

Don't care who u r or what talent you think you have your a Shit stirrer that is all

But what about the friends list suggestion:D???

I'll do you a deal, hypocrite. There's about 8/10 regulars that post on this thread, if 3/4 (your dud side kick not included) want me to leave then I will:).

PS..... your post stunk of phone slang:p:heart:.

looking forward to season 2012 & seeing how many of the rumours on here are remotely accurate lol.....

Couldn't give a rats A

...piss off back to your southern forums??? So you're saying all us Victorians should piss off back south tamba? Would have thought without Victorians this league would has folded many years ago..? Just a quick question mate...where are the bus load you're talking about that turned up at fretwell from
?????

...piss off back to your southern forums??? So you're saying all us Victorians should piss off back south tamba? Would have thought without Victorians this league would has folded many years ago..? Just a quick question mate...where are the bus load you're talking about that turned up at fretwell from
?????

Teamwork is back!!! Has Richard had a change of heart, premiership coach - surely he is qualified enough for this 'team manager' gig at Manunda wouldn't you say Plugg3r.

Bus load are looking around, not yet linked to any club as Tamba has said. Had a beer with a few blokes in Perth affected by the fire who are headed to Cairns to work the reef. They were not sure when/if they would arrive but I am sure a bidding war would occur on arrival!

Shavedham - I'm on the fence, I like that you post but would rather some more footy news.

?????

where did i write that ?????
it wasn't in my post & it wasn't inplyed, it was said to pickled pork

I'm all 4 shavedham some1 needs to pick the holes in every1 of flintstones arguments. Your right tamba u never said that. Teamwork lacks comprehension skills clearly.

Ok to some actual football.
This is how I'm seeing things shape up so far.
Manunda: between 14-16 wins.
Yes there will be changes but they should finish 1st or 2nd.
The loss of booth isn't that big a deal because he was a product of Manunda being the best team not Manunda being the best team because of him and should be easy to replace. Some other departures will take place but no doubt some similar recruits will be bought in.

Saints: between 14-16 wins
Same as manunda they have the recruiting practices in place that what they have lost they seem to have at least mostly compensated. Along with their fabled culture this will keep them contending this year

Port: between 8-13 wins
Probably the hardest team to predict. Losing viola and a host of others will hurt them, also the lack of port Douglas people on this forum makes it hard to come by news. If there are jobs in port they should b able to recruit alright and stay competitive. Should do enough to be fighting for a finals spot at worst.

Centrals: 9-10 wins
Might have a slightly better year but mostly at the expense of port. Interesting to see how their chemistry develops. Losing oughton hurts will Adams be able to fill his void? Have got some good juniors coming through if they stick around.

North cairns: 8 wins
Will be keen to secure a finals berth and might just pull it off. Need the young guys to keep improving and also to add a couple more solid veterans. Season series with port and Centrals will be important for them. If they can get 2 wins against either of them they should make the finals.

South cairns: 3-5 wins
Should improve however the teams immediately above them are also trending upwards. Need a couple of stars and not just average recruits picked up at the bus stop. Will struggle to keep up with norths improvement. Will Adams departure be addition by subtraction? Probably not.

Cities: 0-1 win
Another tough year. Rows a good pick up for their coach but just won't have enough cattle. Don't have the money from the sounds of things to recruit heavily from down south and the points system will prevent them from securing to many talented players from other clubs. Might be able to get an injury riddled team 4 a win or suprise souths.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

?????

Quick question for you teamwork...how many victorians did you have in your premiership side?

Bit of time on my hands with the work year drawing to an end, thought I would do a top 5 players for 2011 in my opinion. Umpires, injuries and positions choose the League Medal, so this is a bit different.

1. Hocking (Port) When he was near the ball he won it. Simple as that.
2. Walsh (Saints) Think he was stopped once this year when fully fit by Stewart from Trinity.
3. Smith (Port) Not only finds it but breaks the game open when he does.
4. Powell (Hawks) Excellent tap work, then just gets in the road of the opposition.
5. Bradbury (Hawks) Against Saints he seemed to have his own ball, and his own time frame.

Decisions were based on what I saw this year and the majority of the time it was Saints. Open to suggestions, add players, take them away, it is an opinion based on footy ability not personality. Please don't be biased.

1.Hocking
2.Powell
3.Powell
4.Smith
5.Cunningham
6.Bradbury
7.Coatesworth
8.Uebergang(sic?)
9.Ferrier
10.Adams

Thought those were the standouts of the last season.

As for next season's ladder, it's almost ridiculous to try, but I'll give it a go and in 3 months it'll mean nothing, when the season starts, even less.

1.Hawks
2.Saints
3.Port
4.Norths
5.Centrals
6.Souths
7.Lions

Obviously Elhich was awarded best on in the GF, but I thought Bradbury and even Langford were better. Elhich never dominated when I saw him play, not saying he is no good, just saying there is better. Who won Hawks b and f?

Saint - Cunningham is an interesting one, Trinity's style of footy didn't allow anyone to stand out. For a top 10 Tennick is stiff to miss out, as is Matt Walsh.

Where did Shavedham earn his red card?

In 5 games that Saints played Hawks, I thought they were a lot more balanced across the park than Saints and Port. If it were a top 20 there would probably be more Hawks than anything else.

Ehlich got more than a handful of possessions in only one of those 5 games. I think he got sent off in one or two of the others. Who did win the Hawks b&F? Powell?

My 10th position was a toss-up between the Lions ruck, Tennick and Adams. I think I only saw Norths in the first round, so Tennick was only heresay. Gave it to Adams in the end because he played well despite his team-mates.

Walsh probably didn't play enough of the season to count.

In 5 games that Saints played Hawks, I thought they were a lot more balanced across the park than Saints and Port. If it were a top 20 there would probably be more Hawks than anything else.

Ehlich got more than a handful of possessions in only one of those 5 games. I think he got sent off in one or two of the others. Who did win the Hawks b&F? Powell?

My 10th position was a toss-up between the Lions ruck, Tennick and Adams. I think I only saw Norths in the first round, so Tennick was only heresay. Gave it to Adams in the end because he played well despite his team-mates.

Walsh probably didn't play enough of the season to count.

A hard list to put together , they are some that could challenge for a top ten, Bill English for example had another good year , but then that is your chosen list, so well done :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back