AFL Cairns - 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flintstone your comments are always so wise and insightful, please fill this board with more of your wisdom.... :p

DRK hope the weather fines up for the weekend although its not looking good. The Saints look as though they have a tough draw against Manunda and Norths. I expect Manunda to win this side of the draw, however, Norths will be big improvers this year. I think there culture has really turned the corner. Good luck to them.:thumbsu:

It will be good to see how Port bounce back this year also, hopefully for the leagues sake they haven't lost to many players over the off-season.

I will continue on just for you Hizenberg....:p:p:p

Geeeeeee Tamba, your new coach is coping a hiding, should you of kept Robbie, only time will tell, and if it doesnt work out , i hope all board members stand down.

Just some info for the assembled expert coaching selection panel. The decision on Coach is not up to the Club Committee. It rests soley on the shoulders of the Football Committee. As is at all clubs, if South Cairns decide on a coach it is purely up to them. It really doesn't concern anyone else. You can pour scorn and give shit but at the end of the day, those who make the decisions will make them. They don't give a shit what is said on here.

Come on Tamba, tell me even 50% of your footy club have faith in or trust this coach of yours.

I bet what you all were thinking came out a little bit more after your trial.

Wasn't there, was away doing my second passion, campaigning my dogs in Championship Shows last weekend of which they did B----y well

Ok Tippersters,

lets see what you have,

Pool A

1:00pm Port Douglas v South Cairns
1:50pm Port Douglas v Centrals Trinity Beach
2:40pm South Cairns v Cairns City Lions
3:30pm Centrals Trinity Beach v Cairns City Lions

Pool B

4:20pm Cairns Saints v North Cairns
5:10pm North Cairns v Manunda Hawks
6:00pm Manunda Hawks v Cairns Saints

Ok Tippersters,

lets see what you have,

Pool A

1:00pm Port Douglas v South Cairns
1:50pm Port Douglas v Centrals Trinity Beach
2:40pm South Cairns v Cairns City Lions
3:30pm Centrals Trinity Beach v Cairns City Lions

Pool B

4:20pm Cairns Saints v North Cairns
5:10pm North Cairns v Manunda Hawks
6:00pm Manunda Hawks v Cairns Saints

Pool A
Port Douglas
Centrals
Soths
Centrals
Pool B
Norths
Hawks
Saints
:D

ok tippersters,

lets see what you have,

pool a

1:00pm port douglas v south cairns
1:50pm port douglas v centrals trinity beach
2:40pm south cairns v cairns city lions
3:30pm centrals trinity beach v cairns city lions

pool b

4:20pm cairns saints v north cairns
5:10pm north cairns v manunda hawks
6:00pm manunda hawks v cairns saints

pool a
souths defeat port
centrals defeat port
souths defeat citys
centrals defeat citys

pool b
saints defeat norths
hawks defeat norths
saints defeat hawks

g/f saints defeat centrals

Come on Tamba, tell me even 50% of your footy club have faith in or trust this coach of yours.

I bet what you all were thinking came out a little bit more after your trial.

Chris Adams contacted a club i was invovled with and expressed his interests to coach.
He sent a resume which listed all the clubs he'd played for previously.
I contacted and researched most of those clubs and can say he'd never played for most of them as stated on his list.
Sth Cairns obviously didnt do their homework very well before appointing him.
Ive spoke to some one who played under him at Mount Isa last season, he said Adams was an ok player but didnt rate his coaching ability.

Chris Adams contacted a club i was invovled with and expressed his interests to coach.
He sent a resume which listed all the clubs he'd played for previously.
I contacted and researched most of those clubs and can say he'd never played for most of them as stated on his list.
Sth Cairns obviously didnt do their homework very well before appointing him.
Ive spoke to some one who played under him at Mount Isa last season, he said Adams was an ok player but didnt rate his coaching ability.
That's putting it lightly.
Worst coach I've ever played under and seen.
Everyone who played for him last year in Mount Isa will say he is the worst coach imaginable. And those who watched his antics from the crowd/rival clubs will tell you he just puts your club in the worst possible light in the community.

That's putting it lightly.
Worst coach I've ever played under and seen.
Everyone who played for him last year in Mount Isa will say he is the worst coach imaginable. And those who watched his antics from the crowd/rival clubs will tell you he just puts your club in the worst possible light in the community.

Could be a wrong move on South's behalf appointing Adams with many young and impressionable lads on South's playing list.
Hopefully Chris has learnt from his mistakes and proves us all wrong. Time will tell.
Looking forward to the hit-outs this weekend, good luck to all.:thumbsu:

Could be a wrong move on South's behalf appointing Adams with many young and impressionable lads on South's playing list.
Hopefully Chris has learnt from his mistakes and proves us all wrong. Time will tell.
Looking forward to the hit-outs this weekend, good luck to all.:thumbsu:[/q

I think Adams has gotten enough stick on here guys. I'm sick of reading about it. We will soon see if all these stories are true or if its just a chance to have a crack at Souths. Time to move on.

Okay guys enough is enough when Chris came to the club he informed us that he has made some very poor choices over a couple of years in the past and we are helping him sort through them with the help of professional people within and outside the club. The club made phone calls to some of his past clubs including his most recent Nightcliff and recieved positive feedback it was a decision made by the football committee and one we believe will prove just so how about backing off the personal attacks and just let the kid get on and coach. If and only if all you that seem to enjoy attacking the bloke behind an alias are proved correct then it is up to South Cairns to deal with as it was our decision, so once again all I ask is you give the kid a go.

Lance Dixon

President

South Cairns Cutters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay guys enough is enough when Chris came to the club he informed us that he has made some very poor choices over a couple of years in the past and we are helping him sort through them with the help of professional people within and outside the club. The club made phone calls to some of his past clubs including his most recent Nightcliff and recieved positive feedback it was a decision made by the football committee and one we believe will prove just so how about backing off the personal attacks and just let the kid get on and coach. If and only if all you that seem to enjoy attacking the bloke behind an alias are proved correct then it is up to South Cairns to deal with as it was our decision, so once again all I ask is you give the kid a go.

Lance Dixon

President

South Cairns Cutters

Hear Hear Fretwell, let's have a top year :thumbsu:

Looking forward to the hit-outs this weekend, good luck to all.:thumbsu:[/q

I think Adams has gotten enough stick on here guys. I'm sick of reading about it. We will soon see if all these stories are true or if its just a chance to have a crack at Souths. Time to move on.

Can't believe I'm saying this Lachrilly, but well said.

Who are the clubs recruits to watch this weekend??
From the Saints will be good to see how man mountain Reece Poynter goes. Dominated the ruck in the intra club and would not want to get in his road on the field.

Lance Dixon

President

South Cairns Cutters

Well put Lance, your obviously aware of his past & its good to see a club willing to help

I played with Reece in Bendigo, had plenty of potential & was very agile for big guy, but he is soft as a marshmallow!

I remember Reece from Bendigo also. He is soft and from memory he was like a marshmellow around the middle too!!:D

DRK I hope he really does well in Cairns because he was a nice bloke.

How has young Lachie Pearson been going over at Saints? Also has a lot of potential....

I remember Reece from Bendigo also. He is soft and from memory he was like a marshmellow around the middle too!!:D

DRK I hope he really does well in Cairns because he was a nice bloke.

How has young Lachie Pearson been going over at Saints? Also has a lot of potential....

Lachie has been going very well on the track and looks set for a big year. Reece has lost the marshmellow around the middle and moving on the track very well for a guy his size.
However wouldnt expect much from the saints Saturday though as they will be trying to give most players a run and most key players will be rested or unavailable... As it is the preseason and no one gives one about who wins the preseason comp

Can't believe I'm saying this Lachrilly, but well said.

At no point have I bagged the bloke directly, but simply stated the feedback I have been given from the local troops. If you look carefully at my posts, you will find that I wish both Chris and Souths all the best for the upcoming season and that they improve compared with last year.

Interesting to see a private message from Chris to myself with many insults directed my way.

Chris, I will not be calling you on the number you agressively left on the message, but I will continue to post on this site, whether you like it or not! I had hoped that the rumours were false regarding your past but your message proves otherwise.

I still wish souths all the best for the coming year and despite your message, hope you can get the cutters into some winning form.:thumbsu:

Lance Dixon

President

South Cairns Cutters

Good to see you come out and support your coach. Alot of ppl have questioned your research on this forum and it is good to see you verify that you contacted Clubs that the bloke played for and the club that he has coached.

You are always going to get a bit of truth, a few over exaggerations and a few fibs.

Obviously "Buffs for Life" didn't particulary like the bloke, but there has never been a coach who has kept every player happy on his list. Obviously South Cairns have contacted "Buffs for Life"'s club and received positive feedback from when he coached there.

We all have ghosts in our closets and the bloke appears to have been upfront about them.

I don't think he will be doing anything wrong because I am sure, given what has been said on this forum, South Cairns will be monitoring his progress.

Best of luck to your club this year Lance.

Good work by your president Tamba, well done. Finally the footy returns on Saturday.... and the rumours can be laid to rest.

Dr Richard Kimble - I will say Richter will one to watch this weekend! McIntee from your boys and obviously Adams.

Trinity Beach could surprise us all, plently of clearances going there but I guess they need them to replace last years. I think they will be right up there!

Preseason cup tips are hard to do as it really is still trial and error. Players getting a few bumps in and some xxxx gold out.

Would my other assumptions be correct.

Manunda - kept most and will probably be the team to beat, another year for Griffiths will help as well as another year for the youth

Saints - You never know, a few ins. A few outs. But you never know until about September.

Port - Lost to many, will still make finals.

Tigers - Improvements have been made, not with recruiting but with recouping. Will improve but not enough to ruffle the top teams.

Lions - GONE

Souths - ?????? Heard big things.

Good work by your president Tamba, well done. Finally the footy returns on Saturday.... and the rumours can be laid to rest.

Dr Richard Kimble - I will say Richter will one to watch this weekend! McIntee from your boys and obviously Adams.

Trinity Beach could surprise us all, plently of clearances going there but I guess they need them to replace last years. I think they will be right up there!

Preseason cup tips are hard to do as it really is still trial and error. Players getting a few bumps in and some xxxx gold out.

Would my other assumptions be correct.

Manunda - kept most and will probably be the team to beat, another year for Griffiths will help as well as another year for the youth

Saints - You never know, a few ins. A few outs. But you never know until about September.

Port - Lost to many, will still make finals.

Tigers - Improvements have been made, not with recruiting but with recouping. Will improve but not enough to ruffle the top teams.

Lions - GONE

Souths - ?????? Heard big things.

i'll have Hawks to beat Centrals for the preseason comp, but as many have said noone really cares and I really don't think you can read too much into these results. In saying that, I do think hawks will be hard to beat all year... and that Port, Souths and us will be fighting for 4th spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back