AFL Cairns - 2012 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Port will be the suprise packet this year as they have recruited well out of Vic in the last few months and are always hard to beat at home no matter who they have playing.... Hawks the sliders as they are struggling to put two teams on the park and their depth is obviously lacking.... Plugger/Tommy might get a run this year

My ladder prediction -
Saints
Norths
Port
Souths
Hawks
Centrals
Cities

League Goal Kicking - Walsh Saints

League Medal - Tennick Nth Cairns

Did anyone else notice Gritths running the bench Saturday for the hawks?? I thought he had gone back home?? .....

I saw Dick Martin there on Saturday with board in hand :cool:

Pretty sad that about 3 teams are going to struggle for a reserve's team. What's worse is one of these was last years senior premiers. Must be a great club!!! Struggle to get two sides and also can't hold onto the young blokes....

HappyFeet just to remind you they were also reserves premiers as well. Not sure the young blokes are the issue down there more the 'old stagers' who tasted success and have decided to hang up the boots and retire on a high. Cannot blame them for that but it is disappointing to see this happen to clubs as many in the CAFL have been through it before and many more will in the future. The younger blokes will just have to step up and fill their roles.
I believe all CAFL clubs are great and have massive pride within them but footy does go in cycles.
You will always have players wanting to move for better opportunities so good luck to them. If you view the clearences for 2011 and so far in 2012 it soon evens itself out.

Pretty sad that about 3 teams are going to struggle for a reserve's team. What's worse is one of these was last years senior premiers. Must be a great club!!! Struggle to get two sides and also can't hold onto the young blokes....

UMAD you're not coaching them, Hawks that is???:eek:

Does anyone know how many games Gill will play, is he fully committed??

HappyFeet just to remind you they were also reserves premiers as well. Not sure the young blokes are the issue down there more the 'old stagers' who tasted success and have decided to hang up the boots and retire on a high. Cannot blame them for that but it is disappointing to see this happen to clubs as many in the CAFL have been through it before and many more will in the future. The younger blokes will just have to step up and fill their roles.
I believe all CAFL clubs are great and have massive pride within them but footy does go in cycles.
You will always have players wanting to move for better opportunities so good luck to them. If you view the clearences for 2011 and so far in 2012 it soon evens itself out.
Some good and bad news out fo Watsons last night, seems that we have lost Dickson, not sure of full story but apparently work related. Good news that an old face in Lukas Ehlich has returned home, once again not sure what happened but if I was a betting man, I'd say something to do with his old mate G. Martin :eek::eek:

I hear Gill has signed as assistant coach so you would assume he will be available most of the season. Is Ellich a good fit at Norths, with all the work Richter has done i think Norths would be best off without him.

Things must be going well and truly pear-shaped at Hawks if Ehlich has left for Norths. Be interesting to see how many of last year's Hawks senior premiership players are still playing.

Norths must be really pushing for the flag this year to welcome him back. Presumably the Dickson cash was freed up to pay Ehlich.

This week is always the busiest in terms of recruiting, including from the NT.

Gill's taking some drills and attends every training, so there's a fair level of commitment. I think between travel home and work commitments, he'd still miss a fair proportion of games during the season.

Where can you view clearances, I can't find the CAFL link, I thought they were gone to prevent poaching?

Things must be going well and truly pear-shaped at Hawks if Ehlich has left for Norths. Be interesting to see how many of last year's Hawks senior premiership players are still playing.

Norths must be really pushing for the flag this year to welcome him back. Presumably the Dickson cash was freed up to pay Ehlich.

Gill's taking some drills and attends every training, so there's a fair level of commitment. I think between travel home and work commitments, he'd still miss a fair proportion of games during the season.

Where can you view clearances, I can't find the CAFL link, I thought they were gone to prevent poaching?

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-3392-0-0-0&a=CLEAR

Dickson out and Ehlich in... One Mercenary for another.

Gill has been great down at Saints already with taking drills and offering advice to younger players... He will be avaliable for the majority of the year to which is great for the club.

:confused:

Dickson out and Ehlich in... One Mercenary for another.

Gill has been great down at Saints already with taking drills and offering advice to younger players... He will be avaliable for the majority of the year to which is great for the club.
Mercenary???
Would think thats a bit harsh mate, I don't expect that Lukas (a North Cairns junior) would be too popular at Griffiths Park after he tore you up in last years GF, and I suppose you aren't happy that Wade chose us over you this year. If anyones a mercenary, wouldn't it be an ex AFL player who shopped himself around for pretty much the entire pre season:confused:

Players arnt disliked because they played well against you they are disliked because they are tools and Lukas is the biggest one in the league. I don't think Gill said yes then turned his back on anyone so he has done nothing wrong. In the end it looks a good thing Dickson chose Norths instead of Saints, saved alot of stuffing around for nothing. He will be a loss for Norths though thats for sure

Players arnt disliked because they played well against you they are disliked because they are tools and Lukas is the biggest one in the league. I don't think Gill said yes then turned his back on anyone so he has done nothing wrong. In the end it looks a good thing Dickson chose Norths instead of Saints, saved alot of stuffing around for nothing. He will be a loss for Norths though thats for sure
fair point Lachrilly, Lukas is a player that oppostion teams love to hate, he copped his share of abuse from tiger supporters last year as well. But he is an elite mid fielder in this comp, and I have full confidence that Kane get the best out of him. As for Wade, you guys know his work situation as well and at no point has he turned his back on the club. My point with Gill is a simple reply to DRK 'mercenary' tag.

fair point Lachrilly, Lukas is a player that oppostion teams love to hate, he copped his share of abuse from tiger supporters last year as well. But he is an elite mid fielder in this comp, and I have full confidence that Kane get the best out of him. As for Wade, you guys know his work situation as well and at no point has he turned his back on the club. My point with Gill is a simple reply to DRK 'mercenary' tag.

I wasn't saying that Dickson turned his back on Norths. Mixing sport and work is tough and work normally comes out on top. Was saying that i dont think Gill said yes to another club then signed with Saints. Shopping around is what any decent player would do i think.

I wasn't saying that Dickson turned his back on Norths. Mixing sport and work is tough and work normally comes out on top. Was saying that i dont think Gill said yes to another club then signed with Saints. Shopping around is what any decent player would do i think.

Why shoppe,:D
he pretty well knew which club he was going to after-- having mates recommending a club.

Or is he a bleeder & not giving others a true answer as too up his wealth :rolleyes:

But then again he has gone to a club that only

pays ----NIL ,NOTHING, ZILCH, ZIP, ZERO :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OLDE Jungle saying

if you disagree,

Rub two fingers together and put them by your ear,
Thats the worlds smallest Violin playing for you LOL

At least other clubs are open about paying

I'll happily keep riding the steer on this

Have to laugh. I make a comment bout Hawks then Subrule comes back all defensive then a few post later I see Ellich has left. Yep its all smooth at the Hawks Nest. Oh and you sound very confident about the two's having a team considering I heard that they may have to forfeit as early as this weekend. Tell me how many have retired compared to how many have just left the club.

OLDE Jungle saying

if you disagree,

Rub two fingers together and put them by your ear,
Thats the worlds smallest Violin playing for you LOL

At least other clubs are open about paying

I'll happily keep riding the steer on this

When are you going to get over the Saints don't pay players thing you have. Yes Saints pay players but they are also coaches which is totally different to paying players just to play.

Ehilch was asked to leave from what ive heard Happy Feet, as was Miller and one or two others over the journey from Hawks.
As elite a midfielder as he may be Watson's, the drama he brings just isn't worth it. Its just never ending. Kane will no doubt get the best out of him on field, but so did Hawks. To say the guy has issues is a cop out, he is just a trouble maker whose not happy unless he's stirring shit.

Sad about Wade Dixon, he would have been great for the league. Cities CHF is a jet, in a good side he would be deadly! Where had Buddha gone? Not at Port anymore?

So what you're saying is, there's 20 assistant coaches down at Saints? :D:D

I'm done answering to these stupid posts. Saints don't pay players. If your a Saints person you know the truth if not then you think they pay players. Saints is a great club with great people around it. Look at the premierships thats why people wanna play there. They don't have anyone causing problems on the field or off. Enough said

I'm done answering to these stupid posts. Saints don't pay players. If your a Saints person you know the truth if not then you think they pay players. Saints is a great club with great people around it. Look at the premierships thats why people wanna play there. They don't have anyone causing problems on the field or off. Enough said

Hey Lachrilly, do you know if Saints pay their players:confused:?

Get people's thoughts.

Premiers: Saints
Wooden Spooners: Lions
League Medal: Dickson
Biggest Improver from 2011: Souths
Biggest Slider from 2011: Hawks
Goal Kicker: Walsh
Most expensive team: Souths / Or Norths (my club)
Most under-rated player: Tennick
Most over-rated player: Gribble (only from what I have seen so far)
Most loyal player in the league: Jorgo
Toughest bloke in the league: Boosen
Biggest Sook in the league: Hawks supporters
Best Young talent: Wardle has gone, tough one at the moment.
Best Coach: Roe... Resume only.

Not having a go at Gribble, he has come with big wraps so he needs to deliver.

I love Dwayne, but he is a thug!

Ehilch was asked to leave from what ive heard Happy Feet, as was Miller and one or two others over the journey from Hawks.
As elite a midfielder as he may be Watson's, the drama he brings just isn't worth it. Its just never ending. Kane will no doubt get the best out of him on field, but so did Hawks. To say the guy has issues is a cop out, he is just a trouble maker whose not happy unless he's stirring shit.

Sad about Wade Dixon, he would have been great for the league. Cities CHF is a jet, in a good side he would be deadly! Where had Buddha gone? Not at Port anymore?

Have to agree Dontargue!!! I was merely a supporter when Lukas caused issues for Brett Oakley and left because of the coaching. Having spoke to Tom Ward (ex north cairns player at hawks) he was at it again last year trying to lead a revolt against Griffiths before the season started as well as posting numerous comments online about the state of the club. I was happy to see the back of him! I certainly hope those in the know like Hanlon and Ricter see that 'quality people' is not Ellich and that on the field lasts for 2 hours on a Saturday and the grief that Ellich and his family bring is simply not worth it! We have so many juniors, i would hate to have them watching the fool getting yellow carded, abusing the crowd like he did last year and causing unrest in a group where the club in 11/12 has worked so hard for!

GO AWAY LUKAS YOUR NOT WANTED!

Some good and bad news out fo Watsons last night, seems that we have lost Dickson, not sure of full story but apparently work related. Good news that an old face in Lukas Ehlich has returned home, once again not sure what happened but if I was a betting man, I'd say something to do with his old mate G. Martin :eek::eek:
Your a fool if you think Ellich is good news.

Get people's thoughts.

Premiers: Saints
Wooden Spooners: Lions
League Medal: Ricter
Biggest Improver from 2011: Norths
Biggest Slider from 2011: Centrals
Goal Kicker: Walsh
Most expensive team: Saints (23 Coaches NO payed players apparently)
Most under-rated player: Bradbury (hawks) or Bogger (Saints)
Most over-rated player: Adams (bulldogs)
Most loyal player in the league: Jorgo (NOT) Crackers (Saints)
Toughest bloke in the league: Boosen (THUG) Powell (Saints) or Tennick
Biggest Sook in the league: C Jorgenson, Ellich or South Cairns (anyone there)
Best Young talent: Duffy (Hawks) or Batten (Norths)
Best Coach: Ricter

I think it has been confirmed many of times that PagansPaddock is a Norths affiliate.

As for the Hawks reserves forfieting, we had 16 players retire or relocate from that team. Alot of players to lose in an off-season, though with new recruits and some great U18's coming through we will be fine for this weekend.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Cairns - 2012 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back