AFL Cairns -- Season 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

So critical of the 3 Tassy players but your 17 recruits are rubbish! Braico easily your best on one leg with Gross only picking up easy touches off the back and kicks its 40m sideways his only delivery. Love seeing such a good kick go sideways to a negative option instead of kicking it to your forward options. Please with your club spendings have been all wind and haven't fired a shot this season... Can sniff a very empty bank balance coming on at your next AGM! HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT!
Ahh, Speak the Truth (how ironic) at it again, did you miss your last anger management class..? I suggest you actually read the posts on this forum rather than grabbing the odd line out then going on a rant. Some points for you.

1) My opinion was the 3 Tas recruits did play average on Saturday, its just my opinion, isn't that what this forum is for?. We know what they are paid because we were in negotiation for their services & its considerable. I actually praised Saints & their established players who got them over the line. Ben Hallas also played very well.

2) Our books were opened up in good faith to the CAFL recently. Its not a secret. They are happy were we stand & our plans moving forward. We pay players. Every club does. Some of our recruits were offered more at other clubs in fact. I invite you to come out to a meeting, come to our AGM and see for yourself that we are now a disciplined, well run club. Sorry to disappoint you but no crisis here.

3) All the pre-season rhetoric was that we would improve. We have. We have the lead in the games against 2013 top 3 teams (Saints, Norths & Port) only to slip away late. Centrals are the same, they have improved. There was no wild flag predictions, just improvement, this time last year all the top three sides put at least 20 goals on us. I think the comp as a whole is better & more interesting.

4) All our recruits are not only playing well they have increased the football professionalism around the club. They are also really nice blokes. Mick Paul coaches our colts & many senior players assist with the juniors on a regular basis. Its good, its getting better. Sure, theres still some gelling to happen on the field but off the field its a happy bunch. The coaches have the backing of the players & visa versa.

5) We have played as many, or more, younger players in our side than all other clubs over the past 3 years. Our average age in the senior team is low. We continue to play our promising colts & will be rotating them responsibly through our senior side. To say we don't do that or they are being pushed out is complete & utter rubbish.

Ahh, Speak the Truth (how ironic) at it again, did you miss your last anger management class..? I suggest you actually read the posts on this forum rather than grabbing the odd line out then going on a rant. Some points for you.

1) My opinion was the 3 Tas recruits did play average on Saturday, its just my opinion, isn't that what this forum is for?. We know what they are paid because we were in negotiation for their services & its considerable. I actually praised Saints & their established players who got them over the line. Ben Hallas also played very well.

2) Our books were opened up in good faith to the CAFL recently. Its not a secret. They are happy were we stand & our plans moving forward. We pay players. Every club does. Some of our recruits were offered more at other clubs in fact. I invite you to come out to a meeting, come to our AGM and see for yourself that we are now a disciplined, well run club. Sorry to disappoint you but no crisis here.

3) All the pre-season rhetoric was that we would improve. We have. We have the lead in the games against 2013 top 3 teams (Saints, Norths & Port) only to slip away late. Centrals are the same, they have improved. There was no wild flag predictions, just improvement, this time last year all the top three sides put at least 20 goals on us. I think the comp as a whole is better & more interesting.

4) All our recruits are not only playing well they have increased the football professionalism around the club. They are also really nice blokes. Mick Paul coaches our colts & many senior players assist with the juniors on a regular basis. Its good, its getting better. Sure, theres still some gelling to happen on the field but off the field its a happy bunch. The coaches have the backing of the players & visa versa.

5) We have played as many, or more, younger players in our side than all other clubs over the past 3 years. Our average age in the senior team is low. We continue to play our promising colts & will be rotating them responsibly through our senior side. To say we don't do that or they are being pushed out is complete & utter rubbish.

EWWWWWWWW rant..... i would just like to refer to as honest and accurate assessment lol

As for the AGM...... seeing it will be your last as a club, no worries. Whats your name? So i know who to look for and be able to say ' i told you so' lol

Was at the game Saturday and the Tassie boys played solid games without standing out... No worse than Hughes or any of the recruits Lions had. I think the three boys had a pretty injury riddled preseason so they might have some catching up. I don't think any as individuals are DUDs and were worth the INK they signed with. ;);)

CCL I get the feeling you really resent Saints? Any reason? You are always very negative towards them or do you just enjoy getting a bite off all the Saints defenders on the forum? I'm not sure if or ho much the Tassie boys are getting paid but just because Lions offered money doesn't mean Saints offered more to secure them. Maybe the lions distance from town, recommendations from people they have played with or the effort as a playing group to get them across the line is the reason they play at Saints or perhaps it is money. You just seem to really carry on about it and it seems to really grind your gears?

Was at the game Saturday and the Tassie boys played solid games without standing out... No worse than Hughes or any of the recruits Lions had. I think the three boys had a pretty injury riddled preseason so they might have some catching up. I don't think any as individuals are DUDs and were worth the INK they signed with. ;);)

CCL I get the feeling you really resent Saints? Any reason? You are always very negative towards them or do you just enjoy getting a bite off all the Saints defenders on the forum? I'm not sure if or ho much the Tassie boys are getting paid but just because Lions offered money doesn't mean Saints offered more to secure them. Maybe the lions distance from town, recommendations from people they have played with or the effort as a playing group to get them across the line is the reason they play at Saints or perhaps it is money. You just seem to really carry on about it and it seems to really grind your gears?
Mate, its refreshing to be addressed without abuse on an issue concerning Saints. Whenever I comment on anything Saints related I get howled down, often in a rude manner. If you look back its mainly just about the myth that Saints don't pay players & I will admit I harp on that a little too much perhaps. Ive often suggested that that I am envious of Saints success but not always endeared by the clubs arrogance at times. Saints supporters on this forum get fired up very easily if anyone dares challenge their way of doing of things. As for the Tas players, what they ARE paid was well beyond our budget, that's just fact. In saying that, we are all envious of the quality players the club has attracted but its not just the premiership success that has drawn them. I will now await the abuse, again....

EWWWWWWWW rant..... i would just like to refer to as honest and accurate assessment lol

As for the AGM...... seeing it will be your last as a club, no worries. Whats your name? So i know who to look for and be able to say ' i told you so' lol
Ha, I'll be sitting with like minded professionals calmly discussing the future of our club, you'll be the bloke with tourettes in the corner, mumbling away & then asked to leave.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't worry about these blokes they will be good players for any team, They have played at my local team in Tassie, good fellas on and off the field, they will be hard at the ball and Lamprill is a beautiful kick at goal, as somebody posted earlier did have injury problem late last season, will get better and better each week if he can stay fit.

Can anybody tell me how Darren Garth at the crocs is going?? Played in the same competition as the other Tassie blokes a few years ago and dominated, carried his team to grand final win over an undefeated team, best individual game I have seen in a grand final. Don't know the bloke but if these Tassie boys are on good money, this bloke should be getting a fortune!

Anywho, time for this week's kiss of death -

Lions V Centrals - On form you would have to go for the Lions plus the added fact that they're playing at home. Lions to win, should be a good agme.

Crocs V Saints - Crocs at the pit is always hard. Cutters did it in Round 2 and if the Saints can get the ball forward you would think that old Walshy could kick another seven.

Hawks V Cutters - I think the Hawks will be up against it this week. The Cutters juggernaut will be extremly tough for the young Hawks.

Ha, I'll be sitting with like minded professionals calmly discussing the future of our club, you'll be the bloke with tourettes in the corner, mumbling away & then asked to leave.....

Will you even get a quorum? Professionals? lol hahahaha i have heard it all lol Last time i went to your club i payed to get in and gave$20 and got $17 change lol...... Quality professionals with one set of teeth between 8 people

Couldn't have happen to a better bunch of self glorified clowns!!! Where are you Watsons Oval lol

I'm still here mate, you want to tell me who the 'self glorified clowns' are? Are they the ex president and ex coach who decided it was all too hard and threw in their towel? Or are they the loyal club people who are left pick up the scraps and try to run a club? Go on speak the truth.....

I'm still here mate, you want to tell me who the 'self glorified clowns' are? Are they the ex president and ex coach who decided it was all too hard and threw in their towel? Or are they the loyal club people who are left pick up the scraps and try to run a club? Go on speak the truth.....
Loyal Club people or people who can't let go? The Club is becoming a laughing stock of the competition off the field and the concern of AFL Cairns. How many more good people have to go before members & supporters work out the real reason, Club will be history in 2 years at this rate, personally I hope note given it's proud history. Rant over.

Loyal Club people or people who can't let go? The Club is becoming a laughing stock of the competition off the field and the concern of AFL Cairns. How many more good people have to go before members & supporters work out the real reason, Club will be history in 2 years at this rate, personally I hope note given it's proud history. Rant over.
It won't surprise to see this happen at the end of this season. Good people have walked away disgusted with the actions of a few committee members this year. Very disappointing

I'm not sure what you mean by people who can't let go? If the people who 'can't let go', do let go, there will be no one left, its easier for people new to the club to just quit if something doesn't work out for them, or they don't get what they want. They don't really have their heart in it like the long time club people. As a member and supporter, I haven't worked out the real reason all these good people leave, could you enlighten me?
I think laughing stock is way over the top. 6 months ago we were u18 and reserve grade premiers and runners up in seniors and off the field things seemed in order. When you have the club president and senior coach quit after 2 games, of course things will be a little disorganised while the new administration gets itself in order.
REXEL- I assume by good people you mean the ex coach and president (to my knowledge they are the only 2 that have walked). Speaking with some junior parents, the only one that disgusted them was the senior coach as he delivered an expletive laden tirade on our u18s coach and team manager in full view of parents, kids and supporters. Was probably the beginning of the end for him. If you would care to elaborate on the 'isgusting actions of a few committee members' I'm all ears as have not heard anything about it...
Anyway news tonight that a new coach has been appointed, Colts had 18 training and will stay at North Cairns Tigers and the league has decided that the cyclone games will not be replayed and points shared.

I'm not sure what you mean by people who can't let go? If the people who 'can't let go', do let go, there will be no one left, its easier for people new to the club to just quit if something doesn't work out for them, or they don't get what they want. They don't really have their heart in it like the long time club people. As a member and supporter, I haven't worked out the real reason all these good people leave, could you enlighten me?
I think laughing stock is way over the top. 6 months ago we were u18 and reserve grade premiers and runners up in seniors and off the field things seemed in order. When you have the club president and senior coach quit after 2 games, of course things will be a little disorganised while the new administration gets itself in order.
REXEL- I assume by good people you mean the ex coach and president (to my knowledge they are the only 2 that have walked). Speaking with some junior parents, the only one that disgusted them was the senior coach as he delivered an expletive laden tirade on our u18s coach and team manager in full view of parents, kids and supporters. Was probably the beginning of the end for him. If you would care to elaborate on the 'isgusting actions of a few committee members' I'm all ears as have not heard anything about it...
Anyway news tonight that a new coach has been appointed, Colts had 18 training and will stay at North Cairns Tigers and the league has decided that the cyclone games will not be replayed and points shared.
Interesting comments. I was witness to the apparent tirade as was my partner and not a single raised voice or expletive as you put it was remotely used. Investigate the fees and breakdown they are trying to charge the players as a starting point to why people are disgruntled wit the committee.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Cairns -- Season 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back