AFL Cairns -- Season 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting comments. I was witness to the apparent tirade as was my partner and not a single raised voice or expletive as you put it was remotely used. Investigate the fees and breakdown they are trying to charge the players as a starting point to why people are disgruntled wit the committee.

Hi Rod. I see you're putting your newly found spare time to good use. If you've still got issues or want to provide some constructive feedback, you've got my number and email address.

Thanks for the update watson's. Any name you can put to the new appointed coach?

New senior coach of our club is David Armfield.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what you mean by people who can't let go? If the people who 'can't let go', do let go, there will be no one left, its easier for people new to the club to just quit if something doesn't work out for them, or they don't get what they want. They don't really have their heart in it like the long time club people. As a member and supporter, I haven't worked out the real reason all these good people leave, could you enlighten me?
I think laughing stock is way over the top. 6 months ago we were u18 and reserve grade premiers and runners up in seniors and off the field things seemed in order. When you have the club president and senior coach quit after 2 games, of course things will be a little disorganised while the new administration gets itself in order.
REXEL- I assume by good people you mean the ex coach and president (to my knowledge they are the only 2 that have walked). Speaking with some junior parents, the only one that disgusted them was the senior coach as he delivered an expletive laden tirade on our u18s coach and team manager in full view of parents, kids and supporters. Was probably the beginning of the end for him. If you would care to elaborate on the 'isgusting actions of a few committee members' I'm all ears as have not heard anything about it...
Anyway news tonight that a new coach has been appointed, Colts had 18 training and will stay at North Cairns Tigers and the league has decided that the cyclone games will not be replayed and points shared.

Well said Watsons....

Hi Rod. I see you're putting your newly found spare time to good use. If you've still got issues or want to provide some constructive feedback, you've got my number and email address.

Where abouts is he from Jorgo?

Anywho, time for this week's kiss of death -

Lions V Centrals - On form you would have to go for the Lions plus the added fact that they're playing at home. Lions to win, should be a good agme.

Crocs V Saints - Crocs at the pit is always hard. Cutters did it in Round 2 and if the Saints can get the ball forward you would think that old Walshy could kick another seven.

Hawks V Cutters - I think the Hawks will be up against it this week. The Cutters juggernaut will be extremly tough for the young Hawks.

My kiss of death

Lions , you would think Marc would have them primed to rip the Dogs apart, this will be an entertaining game and a must win for bragging rights or kiss the year good - bye for either club as the others will jump too far away from them.

Crocs at home ---- but ------ they need to work together , let Adams run and link that will be their key, to link together or else just watch Saints kick away. Walshy loves this ground kicking to the southern end when the breeze hits

Souths ---Hawks might as well wrap their season away in tissue, Cutters to hand out a thank you for hosting but good-bye.

My kiss of death

Lions , you would think Marc would have them primed to rip the Dogs apart, this will be an entertaining game and a must win for bragging rights or kiss the year good - bye for either club as the others will jump too far away from them.

Crocs at home ---- but ------ they need to work together , let Adams run and link that will be their key, to link together or else just watch Saints kick away. Walshy loves this ground kicking to the southern end when the breeze hits

Souths ---Hawks might as well wrap their season away in tissue, Cutters to hand out a thank you for hosting but good-bye.
I watched crocs v bulldogs last week and looks as thou Adams is playing a deep forward role and used sparingly in the middle
Not sure why but port looks as thou they have boosted there midfield stocks immensely
Port v saints I think will be a tight won contest that will be won by defense

Cutters will smash hawks

Lions will dismantle bulldogs and Micky Paul will show his worth

I watched crocs v bulldogs last week and looks as thou Adams is playing a deep forward role and used sparingly in the middle
Not sure why but port looks as thou they have boosted there midfield stocks immensely
Port v saints I think will be a tight won contest that will be won by defense

Cutters will smash hawks

Lions will dismantle bulldogs and Micky Paul will show his worth
Micky played a great game- no man wins off his own boot and he had plenty of support, but as a personal effort... wow. Good work mate.

Very quiet in here, good to see a good close game up in port, would of been a good game to watch, congratulations to the lions, have been impressive in bits and pieces, good to see them string 4 quarters together, and although they are still winless, some good youngsters at hawks, throw in a few good mature recruits to help guide them on the ground, they could be dangerous

OUCH! But solid come back!

Nothing better than pushing CCL to the side and letting tigers supporters fight it out....... Best thing that could happen at tigerland would be a flood, to wash out all the rubbish that is in Behan Street and start again! Good on them for moving on as under the Potter regime that crap would have continued for yeeeeeeaaaaaarrrrrrrsssssss!

Close game at Port pfftt, Walshy kicked 10.

Whats happened to Centrals, whats happened to all the recruits? It was great to see the Lions get up.

As for the Hawks, they were in for the 1st half but Cutters were too strong for the young Hawks. In saying that, the young fella's can hold their heads high as they certainly didn't disgrace themselves. You're onto something there First Option, the Hawks need to hold onto these young blokes and continue to foster them through. Sinclair is doing a great job with them and they'll be better for the experience.

Close game at Port pfftt, Walshy kicked 10.

Whats happened to Centrals, whats happened to all the recruits? It was great to see the Lions get up.

As for the Hawks, they were in for the 1st half but Cutters were too strong for the young Hawks. In saying that, the young fella's can hold their heads high as they certainly didn't disgrace themselves. You're onto something there First Option, the Hawks need to hold onto these young blokes and continue to foster them through. Sinclair is doing a great job with them and they'll be better for the experience.

How did your young fella go ? did he play ?

( I was at the show grounds again for more dog shows, so missed seeing )

:confused::cool:
OUCH! But solid come back!

Nothing better than pushing CCL to the side and letting tigers supporters fight it out....... Best thing that could happen at tigerland would be a flood, to wash out all the rubbish that is in Behan Street and start again! Good on them for moving on as under the Potter regime that crap would have continued for yeeeeeeaaaaaarrrrrrrsssssss!

Fair go on Potts , he helped drag Norths out of the doldrums and kept them up till work caught up, he was selling margin tickets around the ground , talking to sponsors and opposition supporters , pulling more than his weight compared to would be could be supporters and some who wanted to be on committee , he wasn't afraid to ask for help when bars needed manning , grounds needed cleaning and getting dirty himself in the process , I have a lot of time for the man
Do you help your committee as a volunteer or just a blog whinger : (

:confused::cool:

Fair go on Potts , he helped drag Norths out of the doldrums and kept them up till work caught up, he was selling margin tickets around the ground , talking to sponsors and opposition supporters , pulling more than his weight compared to would be could be supporters and some who wanted to be on committee , he wasn't afraid to ask for help when bars needed manning , grounds needed cleaning and getting dirty himself in the process , I have a lot of time for the man
Do you help your committee as a volunteer or just a blog whinger : (

I would have to agree, there have been plenty of times when I seen Potts on the mower going around the swamp. Potts also put the Norths business plan together and they have come long way since that plan was implemented.

How did your young fella go ? did he play ?

( I was at the show grounds again for more dog shows, so missed seeing )

He certainly did, I even had the honour of presenting his jumper to him before the game. He kicked 2 goals and set one up. He was up against it a little, he either had Flea or Little Moppa on him. He certainly didn't disgrace himself and I hope that he has learnt something from it. The coach was happy with him and I think he might be looking forward to the next time he might get a run. There were 9 colts players in the senior side on Saturday and they all stepped up. If Hawks can continue to nurture these kids, they'll be set for the future. As you know I'm not easily impressed but Sinclair is doing a great job with them and the kids are responding.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kids are the future thats for sure. Good to see Hawks going down that path and not going on a massive recruiting drive. In the end when sides who recruit year to year have a year when none come they are going to need these kids ready and the clubs who are playing them will be first to benefit

Kids still have to be capable in playing at that level, there seems to be a big view here that everyone has to play the kids, kids still need to win a spot and kids need to be able to handle the physical side of the game.
Saying that the kids running around in most of the teams are doing a great job. I have been very impressed by them and some very talented boys, just need to keep developing them , with a mix of senior and experienced players

He certainly did, I even had the honour of presenting his jumper to him before the game. He kicked 2 goals and set one up. He was up against it a little, he either had Flea or Little Moppa on him. He certainly didn't disgrace himself and I hope that he has learnt something from it. The coach was happy with him and I think he might be looking forward to the next time he might get a run. There were 9 colts players in the senior side on Saturday and they all stepped up. If Hawks can continue to nurture these kids, they'll be set for the future. As you know I'm not easily impressed but Sinclair is doing a great job with them and the kids are responding.

Tough having both Flea and Young Moppa manning up on you, but then again he would have learnt a lot from this exercise , and hopefully for his sake will turn it against them next time

well done :thumbsu:

What's everyone's thoughts on the rep squads named in the paper today? Any glaring omissions or lucky additions? I thought Adam Gross very unlucky.

What's everyone's thoughts on the rep squads named in the paper today? Any glaring omissions or lucky additions? I thought Adam Gross very unlucky.

I think the sides have been fairly picked and is a reasonable representation of the current state of affairs. Agree that the game could have been played in Cairns, I certainly won't be driving up to Port.

As for this week's kiss of death, here it is -

Port V Norths - Port has been knocked off twice at the Croc Pit this year. I think it can happen again, Norths but only just.

Saints V Centrals - On current form it's hard to pick the Bulldogs. Something not working with all their new recruits this year. Walshy to kick another 10 this week.

Lions V Hawks - This is going to be tough again for the young Hawks however I'm sure they will give a good account of themselves. The Hawks kept the Cutters within firing distance in the first half last week. With Jared Brennan making a cameo, I think the Lions will lift for the occasion in front of the home crowd.

No room in that team for a bloke who cheats and gets easy kicks at hb and only disposal is 45m sideways lol Would pick Chris Adams if i wanted a cheating player who doesnt go in for the ball lol

Bit happening last weekend in footy.

Walsh on his way to another ton?

Jared Brennan in lions colors again

Norths no show in Port

Who was at the games, how did they unfold? Interested to know if Brennan had much of an impact for lion?

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Cairns -- Season 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back