AFL Cairns -- Season 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

I see another clearance has gone through for CTB -

Gippsland League - Centrals Trinity Beach - Ablett, Jake - Pending 2014-03-07

Any relation to the great man?

Watched him at CHF on Saturday night before injuring his shoulder. Can see why North Cairns showed no real interest. Don't reckon their coaching staff would have a high tolerance to a player like that. Didnt chase or man up but instead pointed to a teammate to do the chasing for him. Wasn't overly keen on the contested ball and did more walking than running.

being an ex doggie im always going to be bias towards them thats probably obvious.

cant expect a CTB team thats just come together to fire straight away, thats what preseason matches are for and they will become a better side for it. Palm Beach are a benchmark side so I think they wouldve learnt a lot from seeing how its done.

about ~5 more key position players to arrive before round 1.
keep an eye out for Aaron Spicer

It sounds like every team will have improved and a more even comp this year.

brennan will only feature in a couple of games i think.
Even if Brennan only plays a few, its great for the comp & it will encourage a lot more kids (& parents..) to come along to the local footy, we all win...

:D:p
Even if Brennan only plays a few, its great for the comp & it will encourage a lot more kids (& parents..) to come along to the local footy, we all win...

Yes, a nice little coup for the Lions. Maybe the Saints can now offer fishing trips instead of the "incentive payments". Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Tips for the pre season cup. I think Lions and CTB will have plenty to prove so i think it will be one of them from Pool A and Port and Hawks will be keen for big seasons so i think it will be out of them in Pool B. CTB v Port for me. Saints will field a pretty young side from what i hear so if they make through to the final it would be a good effort.

would love to agree with you ^ but from what I know CTB is basically to 'give everyone a go.' lot players and kids who didnt get a chance in their 2 previous matches should get a run to reward them for attending trainings.

preseason nothing to get excited about. still 2 weeks to go

Lions also going with a "give everyone a go" policy along with running plenty of kids. Still should be interesting, the main thing is Footys Back..!

Lions also going with a "give everyone a go" policy along with running plenty of kids. Still should be interesting, the main thing is Footys Back..!

For some reason I'm taking a while to warm to this season. I'll be out at Wallaby Turd Park tonight to watch the Colts, maybe that will get me back into the spirit. In saying that, I did watch bits and pieces of GWS V St Kilda and was very impressed with young Cameron #18 playing at CHF. He's going to be one to watch in the future, was showing great ability.

For some reason I'm taking a while to warm to this season. I'll be out at Wallaby Turd Park tonight to watch the Colts, maybe that will get me back into the spirit. In saying that, I did watch bits and pieces of GWS V St Kilda and was very impressed with young Cameron #18 playing at CHF. He's going to be one to watch in the future, was showing great ability.

Maybe you need a hot toddy to help,

The comp from all the transfers so far on display,seems to be bulging and money raining from above :eek:

. Wallaby Turd Park .

Is a HEALTH HAZARD.
If someone gains a staf infection from it,watch all the heads duck for cover
AFL Cairns, Centrals Trinity Beach AFC and Cairns City Council trying to pass the buck.

The oval should be fumigated entirely before every match. the small emu patrol tries but it ain't enough.

Both of us have been harping on this for a few years and nuthin has happened, they are just happy to take money and do nuthin

Is a HEALTH HAZARD.
If someone gains a staf infection from it,watch all the heads duck for cover
AFL Cairns, Centrals Trinity Beach AFC and Cairns City Council trying to pass the buck.

The oval should be fumigated entirely before every match. the small emu patrol tries but it ain't enough.

Both of us have been harping on this for a few years and nuthin has happened, they are just happy to take money and do nuthin

Tamba, I almost had to have a second bout of knee surgery 3 or 4 years ago after getting a staff infection from this ground in my first game back.
Luckily strong antibiotics fixed i, was very sick for a few days though.

Tamba, I almost had to have a second bout of knee surgery 3 or 4 years ago after getting a staff infection from this ground in my first game back.
Luckily strong antibiotics fixed i, was very sick for a few days though.
surgery for an infection? gotta be kiddin me arent ya

Interesting results in the pre-season comp

Centrals came away with a lot still to do after recruiting heavily

Lions have improved and great for the club

Norths can be dominant if they hold their ground

Souths have a good structure , but having been here before at the start of the year, they have previously dropped off throughout the year and not gone on with it, D lock may be the breath off fresh air in the coaching role the club has desperately desired, no offence intended to the previous 4 coaches.

Saint well still at the top have the depth no matter what they say

Port and Manunda still need recruits. Darwin boys still a little while to come

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Manunda Hawks---- South Cairns -------Warren, Lenard -------Denied 2014-03-04 2014-03-05

An interesting transfer back to Souths after 8 - 9 years. He will come with 0 points transfer if it comes off.
If able to keep injury's down still a great footballer and a play maker

Your kidding surely??? Every year he goes walk about, injury prone is an UNDER statement! He wont be cleared i have been told as he owes $$$

bit of word out of CTB...

hardly stopped training since October last year.. Good numbers on the track ~60+ at each training.. ~50% of their senior side this year will be new recruits.. Ressies side will be competitive also due to depth. would anticipate finals in both grades, but still early days. not going to show all their cards in the preseason, more players yet to arrive.
a few big names coming back to the club. ben ryan and cam bartlett. if youve been around the league for the last decade you would know them.
exciting times again for the club. good for them after the last few years. props to the coaches.

Cam Bartlett ....... An oppositions dream! Gives away free kicks, too slow and stupid!

Whilst we're talking about Wallaby Turd Park, I watched the Colts games there on Friday night and the lighting was nothing short of "dark". Could hardly see down in the forward pockets and surely our aging umpires must have had some difficulty. If they're going to continue to utilise the ground for night games they really need to do something about it let alone the uneven surface.

Whilst we're talking about Wallaby Turd Park, I watched the Colts games there on Friday night and the lighting was nothing short of "dark". Could hardly see down in the forward pockets and surely our aging umpires must have had some difficulty. If they're going to continue to utilise the ground for night games they really need to do something about it let alone the uneven surface.

Hey its a show piece for ground lighting,

just remember the "pomp and ceremony" AFL Cairns & Centrals Trinity Beach had for the unavailing of their superb lighting.
The lights were classed as next to Gazelys in grandeur. o_O and the next best thing, what with all the money thrown into the place by AFL Cairns, especially after Centrals destroyed their own club twice with NO other club being able get badly needed funds to upgrade their own bars at the time.:drunk:

Port seem to have a few clearances pending at the moment. Did any of them play on the weekend or are they on the way?
Surely Saints would have to go in favourites for the pre season cup final but with wet weather around it could be a close one. Any other practice matches this week?

19 In's on the clearances for Port. Lions have a practice match with Port as curtain raiser to pre season final on sat, so I guess we will find out soon enough if they are all here.

South Cairns 3.3.21 defeated Cairns Saints 3.2.20. In the Pre-Season Final in very wet conditions

Not a bad game given the weather it was played in. Would imagine it'd be pretty taxing on the legs, especially heading into round 1 next week, few sore spots with all the contested footy. Who won the earlier game between city lions and port?

Not a bad game given the weather it was played in. Would imagine it'd be pretty taxing on the legs, especially heading into round 1 next week, few sore spots with all the contested footy. Who won the earlier game between city lions and port?
Port by 2-3 goals, Chris Adams good for Port. Well done Cutters, they ran hard.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Cairns -- Season 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back