AFL Cairns -- Season 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Going to uni, so footy is the job, cutters couldn't get anywhere near the going rate apparently

I am not defending Souths, by why bring them up in this and why is it revelent about them :confused: when others couldn't make the pay rate / gouging / blood letting as well ?????????? o_O :rolleyes:

Heard from someone yesterday about Port.
Coops and Andy have a well and happy side. Great bonding, there was a team dinner amunce the side . A few players heading into the Croc Lair from down Vic and Wa way. Things are apparently looking well,
a big call from the lonesome township but top 3 at least was the call if not number 1.

I am not defending Souths, by why bring them up in this and why is it revelent about them :confused: when others couldn't make the pay rate / gouging / blood letting as well ?????????? o_O :rolleyes:
haha don't get so defensive, I am making a point that this kind of player doesn't come cheap, and we (cutters) could not match the asking price, or get anywhere near it, and it was basically a two team race , would of loved to have him, as he is a gun, but no such luck.
But very happy where the cutters are at.

AFL MackayCairns City LionsAdam, CameronPending2014-02-23
Tasmanian State League (TSL)Cairns City LionsDaley, BrodiePending2014-02-23
North CairnsCairns City LionsDavis, SamPending2014-02-23
AFL BarwonCairns City LionsHughes, ScottPending2014-02-23
AFL TownsvilleCairns City LionsMcgregor, JossPending2014-02-23
Tasmanian State League (TSL)Cairns City LionsPaul, MichaelPending2014-02-23
Northern Territory Football League (NTFL)Cairns City LionsSeden, DuncanPending2014-02-23
AFL BarwonCairns City LionsSprigg, DanielPending2014-02-23
AFL BarwonCairns City LionsStack, TylerPending2014-02-23

Few ins for CCL this week.

Thanks

I think Paul won the association B&F while a couple others from that competiton are headed that way! Billy Lamprill kicked over 100 goals and Ryan Fielding was captain of Kingborough who won the flag 2 years ago, I think they are playing for Saints??
Glenorchy and Kingborough aren't in the same league. Glenorchy is in the state league and Kingborough in the southern regional league ( although in state league this year and will struggle). These Kingborough players will be okay but will not set the league on fire, if they were any good, they would be playing state league.

I think there is a lot of optimism at each club this year but only will the last round prove to be the proof in the pudding. I might also say, it would be great to see a much closer comp this year.

I think there is a lot of optimism at each club this year but only will the last round prove to be the proof in the pudding. I might also say, it would be great to see a much closer comp this year.
Couldn't agree more, games decided by 5 goals or less is best for the comp

AFL MackayCairns City LionsAdam, CameronPending2014-02-23
Tasmanian State League (TSL)Cairns City LionsDaley, BrodiePending2014-02-23
North CairnsCairns City LionsDavis, SamPending2014-02-23
AFL BarwonCairns City LionsHughes, ScottPending2014-02-23
AFL TownsvilleCairns City LionsMcgregor, JossPending2014-02-23
Tasmanian State League (TSL)Cairns City LionsPaul, MichaelPending2014-02-23
Northern Territory Football League (NTFL)Cairns City LionsSeden, DuncanPending2014-02-23
AFL BarwonCairns City LionsSprigg, DanielPending2014-02-23
AFL BarwonCairns City LionsStack, TylerPending2014-02-23

Few ins for CCL this week.

Drove past Trophy shop and saw CCL in their asking if the AFL Cairns Premiership Trophy had been engraved with CCL 2014 yet....... Pretty arrogant!

Drove past Trophy shop and saw CCL in their asking if the AFL Cairns Premiership Trophy had been engraved with CCL 2014 yet....... Pretty arrogant!
And you have the nerve to call me a tosser..?!? read this...
http://www.cairnspost.com.au/sport/...-afl-2014-season/story-fnjpuwrj-1226827707739

There's no talk of premierships, just improvement. Lions are aiming to be competitive, cut out the 20 goal losses for good, groom the promising kids & take it from there.

And you have the nerve to call me a tosser..?!? read this...
http://www.cairnspost.com.au/sport/...-afl-2014-season/story-fnjpuwrj-1226827707739

There's no talk of premierships, just improvement. Lions are aiming to be competitive, cut out the 20 goal losses for good, groom the promising kids & take it from there.

I'm glad you mentioned the kids, for the first time among all of your chat about recruits. Was wondering if you had any youth policies, with the big influx of players how are you going to give them opportunities?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm glad you mentioned the kids, for the first time among all of your chat about recruits. Was wondering if you had any youth policies, with the big influx of players how are you going to give them opportunities?
8 new senior players, about the same as Hawks & Souths so far on the clearances. Lions have always had a great youth policy & its going to be very beneficial for the younger players to have some bigger bodied, experienced footballers around them.

Glenorchy and Kingborough aren't in the same league. Glenorchy is in the state league and Kingborough in the southern regional league ( although in state league this year and will struggle). These Kingborough players will be okay but will not set the league on fire, if they were any good, they would be playing state league.
nobody wants to play state league because of the travelling, payment etc so there are alot of players playing in the SFL, NTFA, NTFL leagues that could play state league easy but choose not to. So the players going to cairns could be quality players

nobody wants to play state league because of the travelling, payment etc so there are alot of players playing in the SFL, NTFA, NTFL leagues that could play state league easy but choose not to. So the players going to cairns could be quality players

People in Cairns have to travel an hour up the road to Port which is bad enough, in Tassie it's a 3 to 4 hour trip to play up north in the State League so its no wonder guys arn't overly keen to play it.

8 new senior players, about the same as Hawks & Souths so far on the clearances. Lions have always had a great youth policy & its going to be very beneficial for the younger players to have some bigger bodied, experienced footballers around them.

I have to agree with you CCL, not much point bringing them through if they're aren't some older heads around to learn from. I think having these new guys will help to keep these kids at your club. Particularly if the club goes well this year and the next.

The biggest worry re youth policy would have to be Centrals, 14 already with more to come apparently.

That's the word I have to. Centrals have certainly gone on a big recruitment drive this season, they're hoping for big things this year. Have spoken to a Centrals player and he's very confident about this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Cairns -- Season 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back