AFL Cairns -- Season 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow, can you foresee any pay back when next you meet?

Heard about this from one of the players and was told it was one of the lowest acts he had seen, the victim is one of the smallest, and most courageous, in the league. Now has the rest of the year off, while this pathetic attempt for a human being gets a weeks rest. This is a major flaw in the leagues judiciary process; the umpire came into the rooms 5 minutes after the game had finished to say that Adams had pleaded guilty and if our player signed a form straight away, he would cop the week and save the tribunal a meeting. The kid was probably still concussed and at that stage not aware of the extent of his injuries, so signed it without really thinking it through. It is just plain wrong that we seem so reluctant to take things to the tribunal, umpires need to man up and say that some acts must be referred and not given the option of an early guilty plea. I know it upsets a few peoples Tuesday night but so be it.
An improved performance from the Tigers against Saints, yes maybe a little defensive but the new coach is still learning about his players and obviously didn't want a repeat of the Port performance. Massive game this week to confirm our spot in the 4, will be a great game as will Cutters/Crocs.

Heard about this from one of the players and was told it was one of the lowest acts he had seen, the victim is one of the smallest, and most courageous, in the league. Now has the rest of the year off, while this pathetic attempt for a human being gets a weeks rest. This is a major flaw in the leagues judiciary process; the umpire came into the rooms 5 minutes after the game had finished to say that Adams had pleaded guilty and if our player signed a form straight away, he would cop the week and save the tribunal a meeting. The kid was probably still concussed and at that stage not aware of the extent of his injuries, so signed it without really thinking it through. It is just plain wrong that we seem so reluctant to take things to the tribunal, umpires need to man up and say that some acts must be referred and not given the option of an early guilty plea. I know it upsets a few peoples Tuesday night but so be it.
An improved performance from the Tigers against Saints, yes maybe a little defensive but the new coach is still learning about his players and obviously didn't want a repeat of the Port performance. Massive game this week to confirm our spot in the 4, will be a great game as will Cutters/Crocs.
Typical chris Adams dog he should of been blown on his fathers sheets!!

Totally agree. There are blokes out there going the knuckle knowing they will only cop a week for it. Maybe giving an automatic 2 weeks for striking will deter this and if its bad then throw the book at them with 4 or 5

If a player is felled off the ball as suggested by Adams and consequently missing the season, 1 week just isn't justified, in the afl (as much as I disagree with the MRP) the MRP take into account the injury sustained by the opposing player when deciding sanctions on the offending player. Maybe this could be used here.

Braico's hit on the guy from port in the rep game, did that to any further?

I still think port are a good chance for a shake up. I've watched a couple of south games this yr and think that a few of there big names are very questionable

Really a day to forget at Griffiths Park yesterday. Saints kept Hawks scoreless in the ressies and for the second week in a row a team played up to 5 loose in the backline to stop Saints which made watching hard to do. If sides are going to contiually do this they 1. Wont win a game again this year 2. Turn supporters off from watching cause it is terrible to watch. On a positive note well done to Cities on getting a big scalp, brings a bit of interest back into the season. Souths and Saints next week shoukd be a real gauge on where both sides are really at

Really a day to forget at Griffiths Park yesterday. Saints kept Hawks scoreless in the ressies and for the second week in a row a team played up to 5 loose in the backline to stop Saints which made watching hard to do. If sides are going to contiually do this they 1. Wont win a game again this year 2. Turn supporters off from watching cause it is terrible to watch. On a positive note well done to Cities on getting a big scalp, brings a bit of interest back into the season. Souths and Saints next week shoukd be a real gauge on where both sides are really at
I know its hard to watch but I suppose you have play with what strengths you have, or don't have. I remember over the last two years playing saints & norths, kicking 14 or so goals but conceding well over 30! It was 41 Vs Saints one day. I would have rather seen some defensive flooding to stop the bleed that day, regardless of what the crowd wants. But I understand the viewing was dour.

Souths Vs Saints next week will be a cracking game.

Rumour has it Lukas 'grub' Ellich tribunal hearing is tonight................. Word on the street he is learning the words to the cutters song lol

Tamba any confirmation?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great weekend for the cutters not so good for dilby done me me ankle so might be out for awhile!! The undertaker has a good point about Cambell I think he would be surprised he's made the team!

Rumour has it Lukas 'grub' Ellich tribunal hearing is tonight................. Word on the street he is learning the words to the cutters song lol

Tamba any confirmation?

I thought all and sundry knew the words to the "Cutters" war cry

Just in case the chorus goes like

Glory , Glory to the "Cutters"
Glory , Glory to the "Cutters"
Glory to the "Cutters"
As they march towards the FLAG :p

Just got back from Brisvegas watching the Peninsula U15 side. The boys made a bit of history during their 4 days, first Peninsula Team to make the semi-finals in 20 years. Although the boys came 4th they could certainly walk off the field holding their heads high. There were a couple of Brisbane teams that walked off knowing that they had just played a good hard game of footy. AFL Cairns has a big future if they manage to nuture this talent but somehow I know they'll manage to fluff it.

On another note, the student umpires that were officiating at the carnival were leaps and bounds in front of our current umpiring fraternity. Although these kids weren't exactly perfect, it was some of the best umpiring that I have seen in a while. One suggestion, AFL Cairns should go on a recruiting drive in our southern neighbours backyards.

Just got back from Brisvegas watching the Peninsula U15 side. The boys made a bit of history during their 4 days, first Peninsula Team to make the semi-finals in 20 years. Although the boys came 4th they could certainly walk off the field holding their heads high. There were a couple of Brisbane teams that walked off knowing that they had just played a good hard game of footy. AFL Cairns has a big future if they manage to nuture this talent but somehow I know they'll manage to fluff it.

On another note, the student umpires that were officiating at the carnival were leaps and bounds in front of our current umpiring fraternity. Although these kids weren't exactly perfect, it was some of the best umpiring that I have seen in a while. One suggestion, AFL Cairns should go on a recruiting drive in our southern neighbours backyards.

That isn't hard really :cry:

On another note well done to the lads making the semis you did yourself's proud and fly the flag high for FNQ :)

If a player is felled off the ball as suggested by Adams and consequently missing the season, 1 week just isn't justified, in the afl (as much as I disagree with the MRP) the MRP take into account the injury sustained by the opposing player when deciding sanctions on the offending player. Maybe this could be used here.

Braico's hit on the guy from port in the rep game, did that to any further?

I can't help but wonder if Mr Adams didn't do it on purpose so he didn't have to play against his old club at Fretwell??? Only saying that's all.

Ok, this week's kiss of death -

Hawks V Crocs - I think the Crocs should get up against the young Hawks but one can still hope for a surprise upset.

Saints V Cutters - Match of the round, this game will definitely show where both sides are at. Saints in front of their home crowd will go well. A game which I think will be too close to call. I predict a draw.

Norths V Bulldogs - Although they have struggled in recent weeks, I think the Coach ahs managed to control a bit of the bleeding. The Dogs haven't been travelling well. I'm going for the Tigers to win this one.

Ok, this week's kiss of death -

Hawks V Crocs - I think the Crocs should get up against the young Hawks but one can still hope for a surprise upset.

Saints V Cutters - Match of the round, this game will definitely show where both sides are at. Saints in front of their home crowd will go well. A game which I think will be too close to call. I predict a draw.

Norths V Bulldogs - Although they have struggled in recent weeks, I think the Coach ahs managed to control a bit of the bleeding. The Dogs haven't been travelling well. I'm going for the Tigers to win this one.

Crocs to get up in a even match for half the game , Hawks still developing will still give the Port lads a decent game but older bods and minds will prevail

Cutters at Griffith Park this will be tight game , deserves a decent playing surface , Souths & Saints will definitely know they have had a game it can go any way very hard to call , both teams I hope will be at full strength. Stop Walsh , cut off the feed line into the 50 and Saints are beaten. A test for D Lock & staff

Norths at home should & will win this with their vocal crowd and the dogs having none that travel. Word to me is that the Tigers are chomping at the bit to return to the winning circle

Hawks vs Crocs....Crocs too good in the 2nd half ... 30pts
Saints vs Cutters..Cutters have a few of their good players out but will scrape in by 10pts
North vs Bulldogs...North should win by around 20pts.

Watched cutters saints yesterday would have to say there ruckman Michael Markham would be one of the dirtiest players running around in the cairns comp! Late hits throwing punches in packs surprised me he hasn't been picked up on it yet!!

D
Watched cutters saints yesterday would have to say there ruckman Michael Markham would be one of the dirtiest players running around in the cairns comp! Late hits throwing punches in packs surprised me he hasn't been picked up on it yet!!
Did anyone else watch the game??

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Cairns -- Season 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back