AFL Canberra Div 3, div 4 (Canb Dist) Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the weekend Southcab they actually were not that good around stoppages, Jets were beating them to the ball, they just made better use of the football,
particularly shorter kicks, not kicking to the contest as much.

They have a few good runners out of the middle though, will run all day and some strong marks down forward.
That is how I saw it anyway

Big Daddy

The biggest hit I have seen in any level of footy was ex Blues/Jugger Eric the Viking Parkin, who poleaxed Murrumbidgee's 'Roota' at Stirling about 8 or 9 years ago.

It was like a truck ran over the poor victim, who was winded that badly he took no further part in the game...

You couldn't image the mild mannered Parko doing that could you?

goulbourn sound like they are going to be hard to beat any one think yass can pull off a upset this weekend?
Yass will beat goulburn in a tight one,but i would hardly call it an upset.
In my opinion yass have the best list of players in div 4 it has just taken sometime to gel.
And like the swans we dont lose them to div 3 as we only have to feild one team.
We are suffering from a lack of pre season and are still getting to know some of the late arrivals in saying that the signs were good on the weekend even though we were beaton by a very commited uni side.
The real yass is ready to step up this weekend .
Yass goulburn games are usally crackers,we have the burnass cup and they are not getting it back .

I hear on the grapevine that a current Belco player Div 3/4 is moving to yass during the year can you comment 3GM or know of this?

I think it is going to be a close one but I think Swans will get up.

Southcab :eek: - I think you are talking up the Yass side just a little. I am not doubting that you have some great quality players but to say you have the best line up in Div 4 is a little over the top.
There are a lot of sides in the comp and a lot of sides who have some fantastic players.

Cumo (not sure of spelling plays number 18) from Swans I think will definitely be a good match up for Sero. Not sure of their names but Swans have a few good ball getters down forward and a few in the backs who can run the ball out.
Minh is a great asset down back for you. Smith was also a good pick up for the centre,little ill-disciplined IMO at times but good ball getter none the less.
Obviously then there is Foran who is great down forward.

Then you are telling me there is no one better in Div 4 than Ando LOL c'mon I think even he will say you are full of it :p and what about the Blonde guy Poido. Given his size he needs to get a set of stones and play the hard ball. Can use the footy well but only when he hangs out for it.

I think you get my point :D

I think there is going to be some surprises come finals time. :thumbsu:

*obviously these comments are my own opinion and are not put out there to start people crapping on*

I think it is going to be a close one but I think Swans will get up.

Southcab :eek: - I think you are talking up the Yass side just a little. I am not doubting that you have some great quality players but to say you have the best line up in Div 4 is a little over the top.
There are a lot of sides in the comp and a lot of sides who have some fantastic players.

Cumo (not sure of spelling plays number 18) from Swans I think will definitely be a good match up for Sero. Not sure of their names but Swans have a few good ball getters down forward and a few in the backs who can run the ball out.
Minh is a great asset down back for you. Smith was also a good pick up for the centre,little ill-disciplined IMO at times but good ball getter none the less.
Obviously then there is Foran who is great down forward.

Then you are telling me there is no one better in Div 4 than Ando LOL c'mon I think even he will say you are full of it :p and what about the Blonde guy Poido. Given his size he needs to get a set of stones and play the hard ball. Can use the footy well but only when he hangs out for it.

I think you get my point :D

I think there is going to be some surprises come finals time. :thumbsu:

*obviously these comments are my own opinion and are not put out there to start people crapping on*
hi long haul thanks for the wrap, sort of agree with both of you but yes yass will be ok once we get our full side in and working together, but we had better hurry or it might be like 2007 when we flew home beating everyone but still didnt make the top 4 by % . 11 team comp when are afl canberra gunna work out we at least deserve a top 5. longhaul you have really dented my confidence, i thought i was starting to play ok, still got some kgs to lose but hopefully i can keep getting a few kicks. forgot to mention how good the umpire was last week against eastlake, he played for belco last year and did the job by himself, let the game flow and didnt pick out the piddly little things :thumbsu::thumbsu: .

Hey longhaul dont come around here making sense you want fit in at all:D
Agree with some of wat you say poido the most frustrating player i ever coached.
What i should have said and was trying to say is that yass has the luxery of not having to feild a div 3 side and therefore has one of the best lists for a div 4 side. 12 of the current side have had higher grade experience and a further few would eaisly make the transition givin the oppertunaty.
We all know with new players and a new coach it takes time for things to happen even more so when you dont have a pre season.
I think your rite that there will be a few suprises come finals time it will be a very hard comp to win this year .

Goodes #4 The losses in the backline are resticted to two players being cox and ramsy, all others have been there for a few seasons And with new recruits such as min those positions have been more than filled.

I hear on the grapevine that a current Belco player Div 3/4 is moving to yass during the year can you comment 3GM or know of this?

Hi mate,

Confirmed on AFL Canberra website clearances - Chris Doyle application lodged 12 May. Has lived out Yass way for a year or two, Good footballer, great bloke. A courageous backman, I had the pleasure of playing alongside CD.

No animosity, wish him all the best from his old team mates at BMFC:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

spill the beans maddaog, who is it?, could you really trust a real estate agent!!!

Buying a house out there doesn't necessarily mean they are transferring teams though does it.

We've got another fella who is living in Goulburn at the moment. It's just a great club to be around so people are coming from all corners!

Buying a house out there doesn't necessarily mean they are transferring teams though does it.

We've got another fella who is living in Goulburn at the moment. It's just a great club to be around so people are coming from all corners!

I heard a rumuor that it was you 3gm, couldnt imagine that you would not play for your beloved maggies. see you round ?? . think we play each other twice in 3 weeks, could be interesting

hey south cab they are two very impressive players thou and min hasn't been on the team list the last couple of games who are the players to watch out there this year? The team has potentchule but goulbourn this week for mine

hey south cab they are two very impressive players thou and min hasn't been on the team list the last couple of games who are the players to watch out there this year? The team has potentchule but goulbourn this week for mine
Min is back this week everyone comes out of the woodwork for goulburn games.
Steve armstrongs 350th game this weekend for the swans they have a day planed in support of breast cancer so we will have to make sure he remembers it :D

Players to watch ebert,brown, and smith big things will happen when these three fire.:thumbsu:
While im on my soapbox i have to say well done to Wayde fox charmers .Fox who has been at the club since it started has decided to retire mid season because his body simply cant handle it any more and at 48 years young is it any wonder.
Well done fox on a fine inings been a pleasure mate.:thumbsu:He started playing with the roos at age 41 and has now racked up close to 70 games not a bad effort mate not bad at all.:cool:

Its great to see the swans doing there bit for breast cancer good effort well done .

350 senior games is an unbelievable effort.

Who did he play for before the Swans?

GF, I believe he played for the goulburn hawks and it was either the jets or east canberra not quite sure of the timing prior to the swans.
7 time leauge medal winner in the manoro leauge im also told.
I remember him winning best on ground in the grand final when the swans beat belconnen in the gf the year the swans came into the comp.
I wonder if he will ever retire.

i agree they have lost a lot in the back line who will step up for them back there?
Hey there, i agree that us backmen were a bit lacklustre on the weekend and i was very dissapointed with my own effort but im sure you wiil see a very much improved outfit this weekend. Go the Roos!

350 games would surely be the longest serving player at any club.

Big Azzo from Cooma has played for 19 seasons and estimates over 300 games for the club. I know Ports has played close on 200 at the Jets, and Wade Williams is around 170 at the Juggers.

Who would be the longest serving districts player?

I believe Steve Armstrong played for the Jets at some stage. 350 is a big innings. Nice work. :thumbsu:

GF I hear Ports is stuck on 199 and is out with injury, hope fully be back soon.

Southcab, interesting mention there with Brown but I will leave it alone and stop picking on Yass :p
Great effort by the sly Fox :thumbsu:. Will he still be involved with the club, game days runner??

what you dont agree with brown being any good? why is that if so? on sporting pulse he has been there number 1 three out of four games

Sporting pulse is only based on what the team puts in.

I think he is a good player, don't get me wrong but there are facets of his game he needs to work on and when they have someone like Minh in their backline I think he is a better player than Brown.

That is just my opinion. :thumbsu:

Sporting pulse is only based on what the team puts in.

I think he is a good player, don't get me wrong but there are facets of his game he needs to work on and when they have someone like Minh in their backline I think he is a better player than Brown.

That is just my opinion. :thumbsu:
he is very new to the game, played a few games in 06 and full season in 07 , 08 , probably only about 35 games in total, ex leaugue player, has so much natural ability in afl and is getting better all the time.
very weird start to season. adfa sitting second and yet they lost to coota, and coota have not won anymore and lost to cooma . goulburn only consistent side so far. yass beat harman just and gungahlin flogged them yet yass beat gungahlin. bring back top 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back