AFL Canberra Div 3, div 4 (Canb Dist)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ANU there only goal in the third quater was kicked without an adfa player on the feild.They better find out how long they get for the long break!!!

I dont think ive ever seen so many left footers in the one side like adfa.

As far as I can remember, this is the first time in a long time that ANU are not playing finals.

Drawing a long straw, I wonder if it has anything to do with the end of VSU subsidising AFL?

As far as I can remember, this is the first time in a long time that ANU are not playing finals.

Drawing a long straw, I wonder if it has anything to do with the end of VSU subsidising AFL?

I reckon it's more to do with their core group of older players calling it quits. The fact that they missed out in both grades is what surprised me.

ANU there only goal in the third quater was kicked without an adfa player on the feild.They better find out how long they get for the long break!!!

What a joke that was!! Those umpires were freakin' atrocious today!! I'd like to see what it says in the AFL Canberra Rule Book about this kind of situation. Surely one of the umpires should have made at least a token effort to go towards the ADFA rooms to give them a move-on. All she did was yell from the centre of the ground that that was time and gave ADFA about 10 seconds and then threw the ball up!
Needless to say, I don't think either of the umpires at today's games will be getting a run until at least next year!

I reckon it's more to do with their core group of older players calling it quits. The fact that they missed out in both grades is what surprised me.

They're a very transitory team by nature as well - every year new players arrive as they begin first year uni and, similarly, every year players move on as they graduate.
And it's not so much older blokes calling it quits - they had a shocking run with injuries this season (unlike last year, when they were positively blessed) and a number of key players in both grades had commitments outside of footy that took them away from Canberra for a majority of the season.
Only impact VSU has had was the lines not being marked on the ground one weekend, the lights are terrible and the wonky point-posts are still wonky:D

Adfa were very impressive and ainslie oval is well suited to there playing style .Should be a cracker between them and juggs hope the weather dosnt play a part.
Jets are a different side since they last played belco and a different result would not suprise they must have some foward power to play porter on the back flank and drop mace to the fours.

Yass have the benifit of stability being a one team town there has only been three positional changes all year and the hitout against a much improved harman has benifitted.

Jets fours smashed the swans and i dont see the swannies getting over it in a week so belco mite buy the jet boys a beer or two for doing them a favor.

Congrats to HILL AND FORAN ON THE GOALKICKING IN THERE RESPECTIVE DIVISIONS.

Who has more finals expeirence Belco or the jets .?

How many of the juggs fours from last years finals are now in the thirds?

When was the last time adfa were in the finals and how did they go?

Any tipps or predictions for the first round of finals?

Jets have the chance to go back to back to back has that happend in div 3 before ?

Anyone looking for a coaching job in div 4 next year (playing or non playing) ?

...Jets have the chance to go back to back to back has that happend in div 3 before ?

I think you'll find that there have been quite a few teams that have won back-to-back premierships in both Div 3 and Div 4.

So, are Yass weilding the axe or does the coach want to leave while he is on top????

Jets have the chance to go back to back to back has that happend in div 3 before ?

Southcab,
The Juggs side will not have any players from DIV4 coming up. Why would we when our team has been competitive all year. We will be pretty much full strength except for Brendo (Shoulder).

Tips
Round 1
Gungahlin to beat Belco by 2 goals
Juggs to beat ADFA by 4 goals

Southcab,
The Juggs side will not have any players from DIV4 coming up. Why would we when our team has been competitive all year. We will be pretty much full strength except for Brendo (Shoulder).

I think he's asking how many players that played in Div 4 last year are now playing in the Div 3 side this year...

You lads have memories like a sieves;). The Jets are actually chasing 3 in-a-row, having won in '06 and '07. Has anyone ever pulled off a hattrick in CDL 1?

Who has more finals expeirence Belco or the jets?

Not sure. Both teams have been involved in finals most years. I think the jets have only missed one finals series since entering the CD comp in the mid-90's.

I'm fairly sure the last time ADFA were in the finals they beat the Jets in the GF in 2003. Then they moved into Premier Division Ressies for a couple of years, then came back to CDs in 2006.

Div 3: Juggs over Adfa in a belter; Jets over Belco in a belter
Div 4: Belco over Swans in a belter; Jets over Yass in a belter

No I don't think so - ask Ports18, he can look at the names on the cup:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You lads have memories like a sieves;). The Jets are actually chasing 3 in-a-row, having won in '06 and '07. Has anyone ever pulled off a hattrick in CDL 1?

Heywood - if you read Southcab's post closely he is asking if anyone has pulled off a three-peat.....

I think you'll find that there have been quite a few teams that have won back-to-back premierships in both Div 3 and Div 4.

So, are Yass weilding the axe or does the coach want to leave while he is on top????

Yeah Shanefos, he said "back-to-back-to-back" - read it more carefully next time!:eek:

Southcab,

Tips
Round 1
Gungahlin to beat Belco by 2 goals
Juggs to beat ADFA by 4 goals

Tips
Div 3
Jets by 7 points over Belco in a belter
ADFA by 10 goals in a cake walk over a one dimensional Juggs
Div 4
Jets over the paper champions Yass by 4 goals
Belco by a thousand over the ageing Swans

GO JETS '08' BRING IT

Tips
Div 3
Jets by 7 points over Belco in a belter
ADFA by 10 goals in a cake walk over a one dimensional Juggs
Div 4
Jets over the paper champions Yass by 4 goals
Belco by a thousand over the ageing Swans

GO JETS '08' BRING IT

Tips
Div 3
Belco over Jets by 15 point
Juggs over ADFA by 3 points
Div 4
Belco over Swans by 10 goals
Yass over Jets 4 goals

Good luck to all teams in the finals:thumbsu:

From my foggy memory (dont quote me!!!)

2001 - Belco def ANU
2002 - ADFA def Belco
2003 - ADFA def Jets
2004 - ANU def Belco
2005 - ANU def Belco
2006 - Jets def ANU
2007 - Jets def ANU

My finals thoughts for 3s
Belco to the GF with a win over Jets,
ADFA to send the Juggs to Mad Monday earlier than they expected
ADFA will then beat Jets (first time they will play this year!!!!)
Belco premiers over ADFA

On the B&F night - Belco have at least 10 names already - sure we will get some more too. Who needs to know numbers?

Tips
Div 3
Belco over Jets by 15 point
Juggs over ADFA by 3 points
Div 4
Belco over Swans by 10 goals
Yass over Jets 4 goals

Good luck to all teams in the finals:thumbsu:

Tips for the first week of Fun hay,
Div 3
Belco to Handle Jets
Juggs Take care of ADFA

Div 4
Yass to have Jets by 6 Goals:D
Belco to dispose of Swannies by 8 Goals:thumbsu:

Good Luck to all in finals:D
UP THE ROOS FOR '08':thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

You blokes are on fire.

Shanefoss yass want the coach to stay on but after 3 years he dosnt think he has any thing more to give!!!

Bighill was actually wondering if anywon made the transition thats all

Nvrwaz thanks

Flying pig paper champions thats different i supose you play for the jets and are used to getting blown down hill both ways from the centre of kosiosko zimmer oval so ill forgive your comment.

Now they have made the two divs for the girls will terron jnr be coaching a preimership side (pie piper) see they play at reid oval probably more suitable i sespect.

Why are most people tipping the Jets over Belco?? please explain.

It seems to me that the Pies have not earned anyones respect this year.

What do the jets have over Belconnen??

My tips
3's

Belco to make a statement to everyone!! and win by 6 goals.

Adfa in a very good game by 3 goals.

4's

Yass to do the same and win by 4 goals.

Belconnen should walk all over the swans by at least 8 goals.

You blokes are on fire.

Shanefoss yass want the coach to stay on but after 3 years he dosnt think he has any thing more to give!!!

Bighill was actually wondering if anywon made the transition thats all

Nvrwaz thanks

Flying pig paper champions thats different i supose you play for the jets and are used to getting blown down hill both ways from the centre of kosiosko zimmer oval so ill forgive your comment.

Now they have made the two divs for the girls will terron jnr be coaching a preimership side (pie piper) see they play at reid oval probably more suitable i sespect.
On fire indeed, why would yass be wielding the axe when the coach has transformed yass from the also rans to unbeaten in 3 years.
Paper champions? good one:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back