AFL Canberra Div 3, div 4 (Canb Dist)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On fire indeed, why would yass be wielding the axe when the coach has transformed yass from the also rans to unbeaten in 3 years.
Paper champions? good one:confused:
I thought so, when you win something you can lose the paper champions tag. We'll take care of you pretenders on the weekend don't worry about that.
GO JETS '08' BRING IT

I thought so, when you win something you can lose the paper champions tag. We'll take care of you pretenders on the weekend don't worry about that.
GO JETS '08' BRING IT

TFP,
there is definately some positive talk coming out from the gunners,
can 21 of you mates back you up on the paddock:p
its going to be a cracker of a game but as i have said ROOS by 6 goals.:thumbsu:

TFP,
there is definately some positive talk coming out from the gunners,
can 21 of you mates back you up on the paddock:p
its going to be a cracker of a game but as i have said ROOS by 6 goals.:thumbsu:

Just a wild guess but me thinks TFP is stirring you blokes up and may not be a Jet at all?!!! An earlier post from TFP comments on a Hogs v Juggs game he went to see.....I smell a rat!!!:confused:

GO JETS '08' BRING IT
Common sense tells me not to get invovled in this but then again who has anything in common with flying pigs :p
When was the last div 4 flag at the jets ?

Have just a quick poll of tips thus far below is the result
DIV 3 belco 4 Jets 3
juggs 4 adfa 3

Div 4 jets 4 yass 3
belco 5 swans 0
So based on the experts so far we have belco and juggs favorites in the thirds
And we have jets and belco in the fours intersetingly swans have not polled any votes at all.

SC,
im not to sure where these votes are coming from but i cant see how the maggies are favourites in both grades,
i dont believe the 4's are a real threat without some intruding 3's:p

Just a wild guess but me thinks TFP is stirring you blokes up and may not be a Jet at all?!!! An earlier post from TFP comments on a Hogs v Juggs game he went to see.....I smell a rat!!!:confused:

I think you're right on the money there, nvrwaz. The Flying Pig is a Jets imposter! Ah well TFP, I guess it's a case of "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!"

SC,
im not to sure where these votes are coming from but i cant see how the maggies are favourites in both grades,
i dont believe the 4's are a real threat without some intruding 3's:p

I wouldn't call them 'intruding 3's'. When you've got upwards of 50 blokes to choose two teams from there are naturally going to be blokes that float between the grades each week.

I wouldn't call them 'intruding 3's'. When you've got upwards of 50 blokes to choose two teams from there are naturally going to be blokes that float between the grades each week.

3GM,
makes it interesting for you guys this time of year then i spose:eek:
especially this week. would hate to under-estimate the swannies;):thumbsu:

Leeroy 6, votes were colated from tipsters entered on this site so far.

Nevrwaz you should be detectivewaz

Heres a question for the footy tragics amongst us
Are sides like the jets and belco advantaged or disadvantaged by having two teams play in the finals. The way i see it The jets beat belco and yass beat the jets on the same day this gives us the jets 3 s and yass the next weekend off.Now the pies beat the swans on the sunday and they progress to the prelim agaisnt the jets the next saturday the pies have both teams engaged under the above senerio so do the jets play those ones who are still eligable to play fours or sit them out i have used the jets as the example for this because we all no the pies wouldnt drop players back if the situation was reversed.
And just for the record the jets are 26 years old this year and have won 5 preimerships.

Are sides like the jets and belco advantaged or disadvantaged by having two teams play in the finals. The way i see it The jets beat belco and yass beat the jets on the same day this gives us the jets 3 s and yass the next weekend off.Now the pies beat the swans on the sunday and they progress to the prelim agaisnt the jets the next saturday the pies have both teams engaged under the above senerio so do the jets play those ones who are still eligable to play fours or sit them out i have used the jets as the example for this because we all no the pies wouldnt drop players back if the situation was reversed.
And just for the record the jets are 26 years old this year and have won 5 preimerships.

Correction, Southcab. The Jets have won 7 Premierships - 1982, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1994, 2006 and 2007. The first 5 were in CDL Div 2, or the equivalent of.

My understanding of the rules is;
If a 3s team wins the second semi (and goes straight to GF) no player from that winning team is allowed to be dropped the following week to play in a 4s prelim final. If the rules allowed clubs to, there could be an unfair advantage to teams that find themselves in that situation - Jets, Magpies.
I assume both Jets and Magpies will be picking their strongest 3s teams possible, the rest will get a run in the 4s. It is definitely a credit to teams like Magpies and Jets for getting both teams into the finals and it is definitely not a disadvantage:thumbsu:

The Ferret's Fearless Predictions

CD1's

Belconnen vs Gungahlin - Belconnens experience in 2007 of playing in reserves to be enough against the Jets. Jets lack a game breaker now that Ports18's fitness has gone, although the gollywog haired midfielder may be able to carve up the Belco midfield. Belco's collection of bald brothers will confuse the Jets defence and the Magpies will go through to the grand final.

ADFA vs Murrumbidgee - The young ADFA lads will be initially scared by the large number of toothless flanny wearing Kambah Tavern escapee bogans supporting the Juggernauts and concede four or five early goals. Their superior fitness and desperation will somehow see them come back from 3 goals down at the final break to level the scores. In extra time, Big Hill will kick truly and the Jugs will progress.

CD2's

Yass vs Gungahlin - Half the population of Yass that has ever heard of Aussie Rules will turn up at Ainslie Oval to watch an amateur team run around and destroy the undermanned Jets, leaving the Ainslie management wondering why they can't get 1000 people to a seniors game, despite their million dollar per year budget. One team clubs are tight, and the Roos will be confident of playing the first undefeated CD2's season since the Woden Blues in 2002 (if memory serves me right)

Belco vs Goulburn - the Maggies had last week off, and may struggle to get rid of a few of the cobwebs early. They split their games 1/1 this year, so it could be closer than anyone here has expected. The experience of Horse (why doesn't he play higher? Can still play), Tale and the guile of 1000 year old Ossie will guide the Magpies home...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Jets over Belco in 3rd grade by less than a goal, and ADFA in a tight one over the Juggs. Juggs are so well structured, but think that ADFA should have the cattle to get over the line.

Haven't seen much of 4th grade, but what I've seen of Yass suggests they'll go through over the Jets.

Go Ainslie

All,

This is from AFL Canberra regarding the B&F night.

The J.P. O’Dea and T. Campbell Medals will be presented at the Labor Club, Belconnen on 25 August.

Dress is neat casual.

7 for 7.30pm

The night will be a 2 course dinner in the Whitlam Room which has a capacity of 100.

Payment of $30 per head will be expected prior to the evening with cash or cheque required to confirm every booking.

There will be a cash bar.

Not sure what AFL Canberra will do if each District team put's a table of 10 together with a maximum of 100 in the Labor Club room.

My understanding of the rules is;
If a 3s team wins the second semi (and goes straight to GF) no player from that winning team is allowed to be dropped the following week to play in a 4s prelim final. If the rules allowed clubs to, there could be an unfair advantage to teams that find themselves in that situation - Jets, Magpies.
Doesn't quite work like that, 2bobs. Finals qualification completely depends on H&A matches. Anyone who's played at least 4 H&A matches in CDL 2 and no more than 8 H&A matches in CDL 1 is eligible to play CDL 2 in any finals matches, unless the club has both sides playing finals matches on the same weekend, in which case any player can play in any grade, as long as they've played 4 H&A matches for the club (either grade) in total. Confused now?!!?

In regard to the finals and the qualifying rules the section is 7.2.2
and Heywood J is correct in his interpertation.
Heres some stats for your veiwing pleasure:p:p

DIV 4 JETS have 38 players qualified for finals of those 38 ,10 can also play div 3 should the need arise.In DIV 3 they have 33 qualified which would include those 10 mentioned of course.61 players with 44 needed

DIV 4 BELCO have 38 players qualified also and of those 38,7 can play div 3 if needed.In DIV 3 they have 36 at there disposal and again this includes the 7 with dual qualification.67 players with 44 needed

Only a handfull of the above div 4 numbers have not played div 3 this year.While a fair percentage have only just missed qualifying in both divisions.
This brings me to the question how big is the gap between div 3 and 4 ? .
The reason i didnt do the juggs and adfa is obvious.

I think you're right on the money there, nvrwaz. The Flying Pig is a Jets imposter! Ah well TFP, I guess it's a case of "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!"
Enough with this witch hunt. I am a devoted Jets surporter that also went to watch other quality teams during the year. If the Yass blokes don't think they can handle some friendly banter and perform on the weekend then the paper champion's tag is correct.
GO JETS '08' BRING IT

Enough with this witch hunt. I am a devoted Jets surporter that also went to watch other quality teams during the year. If the Yass blokes don't think they can handle some friendly banter and perform on the weekend then the paper champion's tag is correct.
GO JETS '08' BRING IT

This widdle piggy went to ainslie
This widdle piggy should have stayed home
This widdle piggy got berry upset
This widdle piggy seen yass smash his jets.

The first week of finals certainly poses a few curly ones in both divisions, that's for sure. Will be well worth a couple of days in the Wintry sun down at Ainslie though, 'cause there should be some great footy on show!

For what it's worth, here are my tips:
Div 3.
Belconnen V Gungahlin:
Belconnen should account for Gungahlin and I'm predicting they'll do it comfortably. Expect it to be tight for the first half and then Belconnen to run over the top of them. The pressure will be on Belconnen after taking the minor premiership - everyone loves to knock off the top team.
Belconnen by 4 or 5 goals.

ADFA V Murrumbidgee:
On what I saw from ADFA and Murrumbidgee in the past two weeks, I have to say that ADFA look to me like they'll take home the bickies in this one and, again, comfortably so. Should be a very interesting game though. ADFA don't stop running so Mr Hill and Co. will need to have plenty in the tank to stay with the Rams if it's close towards the end.
ADFA by 2 goals or less.

Div 4.
Yass V Gungahlin:
The pressure will certainly be on Yass to produce after an undefeated home-and-away season. Expect Gungahlin to come out breathing fire. I think Yass should have the personnel to account for Gungahlin easily, but they'll be tested if it's close and the umpiring is in any way against them because old habits die hard and discipline has always been an issue for the Roos.
Should be a tough, physical affair. I'm tipping Yass by less than a kick in a spiteful game.

Belconnen V Goulburn:
Belconnen V Goulburn is another interesting prospect. Belconnen have been a bit up and down this year, but you would think they'd be smarting after losing the GF last year and so be out to make amends. However, Goulburn have some very good, experienced players (as do Belconnen), so I'm expecting that this should be a pretty close game. If Belconnen bring their "A-game", they should win by a couple of goals. That's if they can shake the cobwebs after a week off and get a good start though. If Goulburn come to play they'll take it by the same margin - a couple of goals. But I'm tipping Belconnen by a couple of goals.

In regard to the finals and the qualifying rules the section is 7.2.2
and Heywood J is correct in his interpertation.
Heres some stats for your veiwing pleasure:p:p

DIV 4 JETS have 38 players qualified for finals of those 38 ,10 can also play div 3 should the need arise.In DIV 3 they have 33 qualified which would include those 10 mentioned of course.61 players with 44 needed

DIV 4 BELCO have 38 players qualified also and of those 38,7 can play div 3 if needed.In DIV 3 they have 36 at there disposal and again this includes the 7 with dual qualification.67 players with 44 needed

Only a handfull of the above div 4 numbers have not played div 3 this year.While a fair percentage have only just missed qualifying in both divisions.
This brings me to the question how big is the gap between div 3 and 4 ? .
The reason i didnt do the juggs and adfa is obvious.
Hi All,

I'm confused Southcab (don't worry, I get confused easily). When you talk about 7 Div 4players for Belco being able to play Div 3 if needed, can't all Div 4 players play Div 3 at any time as long as they have played their 4 club gamesduring the year??.

I would have thought the qualification rules would only have applied to Div 3 players coming down to Div 4 (the rules around this have already been discussed). I would then assume that the dual qualification needs to apply to Div 3 players rather than Div 4 players...

Anyway, on the Belco v Goulburn game on the weekend, I can gaurantee Leeroy and and everyone else here that Belco will not be taking Goulburn lightly. They smashed the Pies in Goulburn this year and beat them in a "Div 5" GF a few short years ago in which a lot of the currernt Belco players played. We know what a competitive side they are and they will throw everything at it this weekend.

Does anyone know who will be umpiring the games this weekend?
Given some of the interesting interpretations of certain rules displayed by some of the officials I've seen this season, who the league select to officiate will have a big bearing on the standard of footy.
And with some close contests predicted in both divisions, does anyone think any of the umpires they've seen this year would be able to keep their heads in a pressure situation?
Anyone who saw the start of the second half in the ADFA V ANU game on the weekend will be certain that those two umpires won't be getting a guernsey!
I know the men and women in white (or orange or fluro-yellow) have copped a bit on this forum this season, but this weekend, whoever gets the job will be under the microscope well and truly.
Does the league have anyone that reviews umpires' performances during the year?
Rant over.... :rolleyes:

Pie 25 i believe the rule in which you mention underwent some fine tuning in feb of this year i am no expert but the way i now interept the rule 7.2.2 you still have to had played 4 games for that division .The rule and again this is my interprataion dose not apply if a div 3 player goes into the preimer leauge meaning div 2 or infact div 1 .Under your interpratation what stops div 1 players who may have been injured early in the season and take now further part in div 1 yet may have played 1 game for div 4 does this not allow him to play finals with div 3 or have i got it so completely wrong (which wouldnt suprise me at all ) and just for the record there is no way the swans could ever kick 13/1/ 79 ever again correct if im wrong the 1 point came late in the last quater belco had just as many shots but didnt convert.You will beat swans by a big margain cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back