AFL Canberra Div 3, div 4 (Canb Dist)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Figured as much,no direction or structure were the words I had heard,just goes to show that just because you have playing credentials doesn't mean you will be a good coach.

It sounds like Gungahlin will be hard to beat this week, i heard down the grapevine Belconnen are struggling for numbers this week with all the injuries, should be very intresting to see how they go. How are Belconnen travelling Codola can you fill us in.

What is Belconnens Strengths ? Backline ? Looks like they have had a really hard draw till last weekend

I wouldn't say their backline is the strength of Belconnen any more than the other sides but their midfield is outstanding which provides them with alot of drive through the middle of the ground. They have some big forwards but at the end of the day their midfield is what is winning their football matches. If you win the ball out of the middle against Belconnen you'll have a good chance of knocking them off. Also keep an eye out for one of their midfield players running around the boundry line and into the forward line for a few easy goals.

I asked him to come to the Juggers but it was too far for him to train with us from Watson. Plus his wife works at the ANU so that's why he decided to head over there.

I asked him to come to the Juggers but it was too far for him to train with us from Watson. Plus his wife works at the ANU so that's why he decided to head over there.
Thats funny trained at stirling with the creek for as long as he did that extra 3 kilometres must have just tipped it in ANU's favour.Always amazed at travel issues in canberra nothing that far away exept for Amaroo these days( sorry Jets) considering I travelled to giralang for five years from the south,and many others do the same I guess.Think there might be a little more in it IE ladder position with blues anyway.

Then you should get a first hand look at how he has settled in.Interested to know where they play him.Position wise and grade wise.would they rush him straight into first grade or a week in the 2's.

you would put him in 3rd grade straight away for sure. Not sure if he will be playing this weekend. Depends on if Gungahlin release him in time for the match tomorrow. I would say he will have a run on the ball, wing or the half back flank.

I know I would have him in my side any day of the week. He delivers the ball really well and provides plenty of talk and leadership on the field. ANU have got some injury issues so it will bulk them back up again with his inclusion.

I would agree with you DED in regards to travel in Canberra. It's not very far to any ground so I would have to say that his decision is more based around his wife being out at ANU. Or he just hates us at the Juggers.

you would put him in 3rd grade straight away for sure. Not sure if he will be playing this weekend. Depends on if Gungahlin release him in time for the match tomorrow. I would say he will have a run on the ball, wing or the half back flank.

I know I would have him in my side any day of the week. He delivers the ball really well and provides plenty of talk and leadership on the field. ANU have got some injury issues so it will bulk them back up again with his inclusion.

I would agree with you DED in regards to travel in Canberra. It's not very far to any ground so I would have to say that his decision is more based around his wife being out at ANU. Or he just hates us at the Juggers.
I agree in part Big Hill his skill level and quality would be a major boost to any team however not thinking as just a player,The ramifications and the message you are sending to the playing group have to come into play here.what if you are Joe Scmoe working your ring off all year and finally get the call up and play alright then you are dropped for a player who just walked into the club,regardless of who you are and we are not talking Hird or Archer here.The message to that player is what.Second scenario you are player 22 all year and you get dropped you as a club haven't shown much loyalty and if anything this is something that ANU seem to have in spades.How would the juggers players react ot this.Real answer remember I spent a year down there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DED

If I was running the show, Spanner would be straight into 1's, assuming he has trained for the required 2 weeks. He's got the runs on the board, and anyone who hasn't cracked it for a game in 1's by now probably won't there. So when a rep player and former 1st grader rocks up, you would play him for sure...

DED

If I was running the show, Spanner would be straight into 1's, assuming he has trained for the required 2 weeks. He's got the runs on the board, and anyone who hasn't cracked it for a game in 1's by now probably won't there. So when a rep player and former 1st grader rocks up, you would play him for sure...
No argument from me ferret just like to see what the feel of all clubs is.Interesting you put training for 2 weeks what if he walked off the streets on tuesday before the game and declared himself available for the weekend,what then he still has all the skills and qualities.

My tips for round 11

Div 3:

ADFA, Jets, Eastlake, Ainslie and ANU

Div 4:

Jets, Juggernauts and Roos - Are the byes due to lack of available umpires since all matches are scheduled for today because of Swans v Melbourne tomorrow??

My tips for round 11

Div 3:

ADFA, Jets, Eastlake, Ainslie and ANU

Div 4:

Jets, Juggernauts and Roos - Are the byes due to lack of available umpires since all matches are scheduled for today because of Swans v Melbourne tomorrow??

Don't ask me why, i think the Manuka Mafia want all teams in div 4 to have 2 byes each?

Anyone noticed that the standard of umpiring is the most inconsistant it has ever been?

There are a few really good umps out there including the little woman ump - she's harsh but fair. But Captain Snooze and his offsider destroyed a good game at ADFA yesterday in what would have been the most pathetic one sided display I have seen.

Anyone else noticed that lack of consistancy in interpretation?

Anyone noticed that the standard of umpiring is the most inconsistant it has ever been?

There are a few really good umps out there including the little woman ump - she's harsh but fair. But Captain Snooze and his offsider destroyed a good game at ADFA yesterday in what would have been the most pathetic one sided display I have seen.

Anyone else noticed that lack of consistancy in interpretation?

To finalise the discussion about Spanna coming into a new club and moving straight into 1st. Not sure what most clubs would do but it would likely be on a case by case basis. At the Juggers we have a leadership group that would have a large say into whether a new player like Spanna would slide straight into 1's but the decision wouldn't be made until the playing group has been consulted. The players at the Juggs this year are all about both teams doing really well but having more focus on the 1st side making finals as a priority. I wouldn't think the playing group and the Juggas would object to him sliding straight in but the rules would be that he would have to of done a full weeks training with the team before playing his first game.

Spanna did play for ANU yesterday and played pretty well. Not really sure if anyone of quality from ANU missed out from his inclusion due to a lot of injuries in their playing roster. By the way it was a nice win by the Juggs over ANU yesterday by about 5 goals. It was a great spirited game between both clubs and the umpiring wasn't as bad as past weeks.

I agree the umpiring this year has been quite confusing from week to week with a huge difference in umpiring interpretations of the rules. Overall you need to realise that the umpire standards for Canberra District is never going to be of high quality and you need to adjust your game to cope with the lack of decisions or poor decisions. I don't think this year has been any different to the past few years but I don't believe it's getting any better. Some of the umpire's to me seem like they don't even watch AFL on tv or have even played the game in their life. This is very evident in their decisions.

All the results are now up on sporting pulse people.

Anyone at the Woden ADFA game? going off the 1/4 by 1/4 scores it appears Woden got the start but couldnt finish.... 8 goal 3rd quarter by ADFA and 12 goals to 5 for the second half, is it the fitness of the ADFA boys or did the Blues fall in a heap??

Looks like Bidgee had the upper hand all day against ANU, but it took Harman until the second half to get over the Demons. Any insight into the finals chances of ANU???? And speaking of finals chances, where do the weekends results put the Jets Ports? You were saying they were going to be near full strength on Saturday. Looks like they were competitive against the Magpies but still finished a few goals short.

As for the Tuggers v Ainslie game, I guess Ainslie have all but wrapped up the wooden spoon!!!!

Some very important games coming up for sides 2nd through to 6th in the last seven weeks of the home and away season. Does everyone agree that Eastlake and Woden have probably done their chances of a finals spot this year???

I was at the Woden game - the Blues were dominating until just before half time when Tim Steen was hit high and late after taking a mark and knocked out. Tim was taken to hospital for observation.

The lack of report saw the Woden players blow up - from that point on, the umpires lost control of the match and Woden lost the plot. ADFA won a very hollow victory...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back