AFL Canberra Div 3, div 4 (Canb Dist)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shanefos, I'd just like to clear up the big club backing bit. The Jets are not sponsored by the Gungahlin Lakes anymore and therefore received nothing at all from Ainslie this year. There is no 'massive coin' behind them and frankly never has been. The first grade players get paid twice as much as the reserve grade players, which isn't much as two times nothing is still nothing.

Damon, i wonder what the sponsors that you do have being 1 corporate, 3 gold, 10 silver, and 15 bronze, consider to be big backing....

Damon, i wonder what the sponsors that you do have being 1 corporate, 3 gold, 10 silver, and 15 bronze, consider to be big backing....

All great supporters of the club.

Early tips:

Belco v jets 3s: Will be the best game in the districts this year. coin landed on heads, I tip jets (game still up for grabs 7-8mins to go):thumbsu:

Jets v Yass 4s: Maybe just a rumour but i heard the Jets 4s are going on a ROO shooting expidition this weekend.:p Jets to win in a bloodbath:thumbsu: 17pts

Out of the sponsors you have mentioned, none are a major club. While we appreciate the support of our sponsors, you will find that this year we will be in a similar position to many other clubs.

I would have thought that one team towns could almost have more pulling power at sponsors.

Anyway back to the footy this week.

Shanefoss our club recieved an email last week i think thursday from david wark stating that the tribunal head phill thompson was informed on the night of the suspension that peter was to play in the div 3 prelimanary and therefore is able to count that as his 1 match so yes he is available for selection this week.As for the tighter ship you mention interestinly enough i have only had the 1 trip to visit those who no best on a tuesday night compared to my conterparts half dozen so i must get away with more.I hope not to be visiting them again this year but what happens happens and we will sure test a few.

Cab, I am sure that a lot of this bloodbath talk is just piss and wind from people not playing. Either way we both know that if happens both teams are capable enough to win on their football merits. Guys might need to remember there is a send off rule for multiple reports, noone would want to leave their team short and cost them a flag.

And on the note above, there is a few waiting to be tessted I am sure.:thumbsu:

Out of the sponsors you have mentioned, none are a major club. While we appreciate the support of our sponsors, you will find that this year we will be in a similar position to many other clubs.

I would have thought that one team towns could almost have more pulling power at sponsors.

Anyway back to the footy this week.
Gday ports how u doin.?We struggle as a one team town purely because we compete for sponsors with the well established other footy codes in town .We do however enjoy the local aussie as our major and we have several plyer sponsers but all in all mate we have very little to offer back sponsors because we only have the one team numbers that patronize.

[/b]

Cab, I am sure that a lot of this bloodbath talk is just piss and wind from people not playing. Either way we both know that if happens both teams are capable enough to win on their football merits. Guys might need to remember there is a send off rule for multiple reports, noone would want to leave their team short and cost them a flag.

And on the note above, there is a few waiting to be tessted I am sure.:thumbsu:
Your rite about one thing ports 18 he is full of piss and wind and i can confirm that the cab was told of the send off rule last sat after the pies game.

Your rite about one thing ports 18 he is full of piss and wind and i can confirm that the cab was told of the send off rule last sat after the pies game.
Hey fruity boy how bout u stick with the footy talk for a change and stop dribbling shit all the time are you all there or what:eek::eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee mate sorry to hear my entire team was with your sister that must hurt.

Gee Juicy you dug yourself a fair hole there. It's all well and good that you try and take a shot at one bloke but one at a whole team juicy will only see you with a big target on your back Champ.

Juice it only just dawned on me i think i no who you are perhaps i didnt read what you said before to well.The bit were you confirmed the send off rule there was only about 5 of us there when the umpire told me that and it was said in jest it was in no way official and wasnt meant in the context that some may have took it .

Juice it only just dawned on me i think i no who you are perhaps i didnt read what you said before to well.The bit were you confirmed the send off rule there was only about 5 of us there when the umpire told me that and it was said in jest it was in no way official and wasnt meant in the context that some may have took it .

Juicy, as an apparent Jets supporter, we appreciate your support, but it might be time to give this forum a rest. Let us all prepare for the weekend without the bullshit. Feel free to say your bit, but if you can wait til Saturday afternoon, it would be appreciated. :thumbsu:

Juicy, as an apparent Jets supporter, we appreciate your support, but it might be time to give this forum a rest. Let us all prepare for the weekend without the bullshit. Feel free to say your bit, but if you can wait til Saturday afternoon, it would be appreciated. :thumbsu:

Cheers to that Ports, well said mate its not what we need on here:thumbsu:

Ports am i maning someone up on you saturday.:)

Ports am i maning someone up on you saturday.:)

Cab, Ports passed his best playing weight, may need to man 2 up on the big unit.. I remember a young trimmer porter debuting in the forward pocket/flank for the jetters (EAST CANBERRS DAYS) must have been 95ish, captained/coached club, former comittee (how do ya spell that word) man, do i sniff i Presidents gig down the track.;)

Great to c him still having a kick for club, Good luck on weekend mate!!!

A little friendly banter never hurt anybody, but yes keep the crap out of it.

All this talk about a blood bath, as it was mentioned earlier is probably only coming fom people who are not playing.

From the games I have seen, it gets heated but only because both sides are more than capable of winning as it has been shown and each team knows the other is capable so they share a healthy respect for each other.

I don't think it is going to be a blood bath, might be pushing and shoving but that is about it. As Ports mentioned before, no one wants to lose it for their respective side by doing something stupid.

At the end of the day it is Div 4 not the AFL. Everyone is playing for the enjoyment not $$$ If they were then they would be in Div 1 or the AFL.
If you want to throw punches then take up boxing :p

Get out there and enjoy the day fellas :thumbsu:

A little friendly banter never hurt anybody, but yes keep the crap out of it.

All this talk about a blood bath, as it was mentioned earlier is probably only coming fom people who are not playing.

From the games I have seen, it gets heated but only because both sides are more than capable of winning as it has been shown and each team knows the other is capable so they share a healthy respect for each other.

I don't think it is going to be a blood bath, might be pushing and shoving but that is about it. As Ports mentioned before, no one wants to lose it for their respective side by doing something stupid.

At the end of the day it is Div 4 not the AFL. Everyone is playing for the enjoyment not $$$ If they were then they would be in Div 1 or the AFL.
If you want to throw punches then take up boxing :p

Get out there and enjoy the day fellas :thumbsu:

Was taking the piss, Roo shooting = bloodbath, does no 1 have sense of humour or is it just me!!!

Cab, Ports passed his best playing weight, may need to man 2 up on the big unit.. I remember a young trimmer porter debuting in the forward pocket/flank for the jetters (EAST CANBERRS DAYS) must have been 95ish, captained/coached club, former comittee (how do ya spell that word) man, do i sniff i Presidents gig down the track.;)

Great to c him still having a kick for club, Good luck on weekend mate!!!

Egg Man - I know who you are! and it was 92 kgs! But yes, early 1995
Cab - Whatever grade I play, I am ready!

Good to see it all happening i quite enjoy the banter so long as its freindly opinons will very no matter who you play for or you support the most positive thing is that the best 4 sides come the end of the home and away season now face of in the granny by that i mean in div 3 it was 1 and 2 and the fours it is the same yass have a healthy respect for the jets boys and as it is now one all this season what better place for the decider than the big one.Bring on saturday only 3 more sleeps although by the sounds of things it maybe 6 more sleeps for you ports :pwhat with the poppy naps and all 1995 who remembers that far back who wants to cheers boys.

Congratulations to the Juggernauts on a beautiful price gouging effort this Saturday. $5 a pop entry to a comp which has been walk-in all year round. Love it. Who needs to find sponsors when you get given a cash cow like this every year ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back