AFL Canberra Div 3, div 4 (Canb Dist)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Spoiler,

who said the Juggs are taking a $5 entry fee this weekend? I don't know anything about it and I'll be there on Saturday and are involved in the club quite heavily. If there is an entry fee it will be the AFL Canberra taking the cake not us.

Spoiler

CD's Grand Finals have had a $5 entry fee for as long as I have been going - 1996/7ish or so. The money goes to AFL Canberra. Its also the only game each year for CD's where there is a printed program.

You'll also notice that the CD's Grand Final day has more paying spectators than just about any AFL Canberra seniors game including the Grand Final...

Footy Park was great when we had a marquee set up on the 'Blues Hill', with a couple of hundred supporters there from 11:45 on the gas and having a great day, then spending the afternoon watching the Div 1 GF before starting the three day celebratory bender.

Congratulations to the Juggernauts on a beautiful price gouging effort this Saturday. $5 a pop entry to a comp which has been walk-in all year round. Love it. Who needs to find sponsors when you get given a cash cow like this every year ...

Spoiler the $5 entry fee is charged by AFL Canberra not Juggernauts who are only running the canteen (although we have been asked to provide people to help on the gate). Not sure what the cash goes towards but hope it is specific to CD Comp and not general revenue. :confused:

The $5.00 entry top ten

1 $5.oo gets you boot hire hot dog and a coke.
2 $5.oo gets you an acredtited umpire qualification
3 $5.oo gets you an acredited goal umpire ticket
4 $5.oo gets you an acredited boundry rider gig
5 $5.oo gets you to be a crytic for the day
6 $5.oo gets you level 1 coach accreditation
7 $5.00 gets you official photo with david wark
8 $5.oo gets you official photo with russell taylor
9 $5.oo gets you entry to the next tribunal show.
10$5.oo gets you your official 1 minute explanation of how the by laws work.

As a bonus each paying entrant will be giving 1 raffle ticket to be drawn at half time of the main game 1st prise will be 1 day with david wark 2nd prise will be two days .and so on.
Please note written and authorised by southcab the veiws expressed on this page are not indorsed by the yass roos.:p

Congratulations to the Juggernauts on a beautiful price gouging effort this Saturday. $5 a pop entry to a comp which has been walk-in all year round. Love it. Who needs to find sponsors when you get given a cash cow like this every year ...

get over it spoiler, its a GF seems reasonable to me. Its also good to see another team there too (Jugs) helpin out. Says a lot for the comp I think.

Should be 2 quality GF's, hopefully they both live up2 expectations.

And I think you'll find that the canteen "rights" for the finals get divied out to a different club each year (if memory serves me correctly), so the "cash cow" is spread around evenly.

The $5.00 entry top ten

1 $5.oo gets you boot hire hot dog and a coke.
2 $5.oo gets you an acredtited umpire qualification
3 $5.oo gets you an acredited goal umpire ticket
4 $5.oo gets you an acredited boundry rider gig
5 $5.oo gets you to be a crytic for the day
6 $5.oo gets you level 1 coach accreditation
7 $5.00 gets you official photo with david wark
8 $5.oo gets you official photo with russell taylor
9 $5.oo gets you entry to the next tribunal show.
10$5.oo gets you your official 1 minute explanation of how the by laws work.

As a bonus each paying entrant will be giving 1 raffle ticket to be drawn at half time of the main game 1st prise will be 1 day with david wark 2nd prise will be two days .and so on.
Please note written and authorised by southcab the veiws expressed on this page are not indorsed by the yass roos.:p
And you wonder why...
My tips for the bog medal sat louis in the threes and stevens in the fours.

And you wonder why...

Juicy it's good to see you think a little more before you made this post. But waiting 8 hours to come up with that is a little over the top.

With all of this talk about fireworks this week will the umpires come from Div1-2 or will they stick with the CD guys and girls??

Best on ground i reckon will go to Scroope in the 4's
and i reckon Coate in the 3's:thumbsu:

it is pretty quiet would i be right in saying that nerves are starting to take over for some players;)

And you wonder why...

My tip.... whoever gets BOG in the 4's will be someone tough n can handle being hit all day and still be effective (especially renowned ball winners), That goes for both teams.

Juicy it's good to see you think a little more before you made this post. But waiting 8 hours to come up with that is a little over the top.

With all of this talk about fireworks this week will the umpires come from Div1-2 or will they stick with the CD guys and girls??
Is that rite then maybe ive been busy dick ever think of that .Why would the umpires come from the div above this leauge when the umpires we have are more then capable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Based on the last couple of years, the umpires will be the "best" from Div 3 and/or 4.

Why would the umpires come from the div above this leauge when the umpires we have are more then capable.

Capable - mostly. More than capable - arguable.

whoever gets BOG in the 4's will be someone tough n can handle being hit all day and still be effective

Ben McCallum BOG in Div 4 for mine .

This may only be a rumour, but I heard today that Yass may be considering a move to the Central West League? Is this under consideration by the club or a total load of crap??

Good luck to the Belconnen 3rds for this weekend, hope they can get over the line this weekend and break their hoodoo on the comp.

Is that rite then maybe ive been busy dick ever think of that .Why would the umpires come from the div above this leauge when the umpires we have are more then capable.

No doubt having a good talk to your sister.:eek: I see you have made your first post on the AFL Canberra site. Dont worry if you get shot down there you could always try your luck on the Hume FL thread.:D

All the best to the Jets boys in both grades this week. Awesome effort to get both sides into the GF and all involved in the club should be proud.

Wish I could be there to see what appears will be 2 cracking games.

Here's hoping the 1's can complete the three-peat and the 2's bring home the silverware as well.

CRP.

(Good luck to the Jettettes in their GF too!)

All the best to the Jets boys in both grades this week. Awesome effort to get both sides into the GF and all involved in the club should be proud.

Wish I could be there to see what appears will be 2 cracking games.

Here's hoping the 1's can complete the three-peat and the 2's bring home the silverware as well.

CRP.

(Good luck to the Jettettes in their GF too!)

Sippa, congratulations on your award, how do you do it? I've been playing Tina Turner to myself every night for years now and I'm still not the best at anything (I'm still regularly told my missus kicks the footy better than me). We'll do our best on the day, that's all I can guarantee. Having said that where are all the predictions for the weekend? I predict the Jets 4's to get up by 5 goals with that little #35 to get BOG. In the 3's Jets to win by 5 goals with Joel Stevenson to be the BOG. Perhaps I'm a little biased, we'll see!

Last day of grand final week, so how has it been for everyone? are all sides at full strength any suprises have the umpires names been released yet i know the appointments were done tuesday night.Hoping for good weather and great footy.

Sippa, congratulations on your award, how do you do it? I've been playing Tina Turner to myself every night for years now and I'm still not the best at anything (I'm still regularly told my missus kicks the footy better than me). We'll do our best on the day, that's all I can guarantee. Having said that where are all the predictions for the weekend? I predict the Jets 4's to get up by 5 goals with that little #35 to get BOG. In the 3's Jets to win by 5 goals with Joel Stevenson to be the BOG. Perhaps I'm a little biased, we'll see!

Div4- Yass seem to hav refocused since the loss 2 wks ago, them to win by less then 3 goals.

Div3- Jets played very good footy last week, them to run away last quarter..5 goals

Last day of grand final week, so how has it been for everyone? are all sides at full strength any suprises have the umpires names been released yet i know the appointments were done tuesday night.Hoping for good weather and great footy.

Good to see Juicy the footballer back:thumbsu: Just had a look at the weather and it reads like this.
Cloud increasing 0-17 with 80% chance of 5-10mm wind coming from the NNE at 10km.
Jets looked very sharp in the 3rd last week I think they will carry that over this week and get home by less then a kick.

I think the jets may have woken the sleeping giant a couple of weeks ago in the 4ths, I see Yass having a big Middle half of the game and that will be enough to get them over the line. But one thing is for sure with the sides meeting twice this year with only 2 goals between them after the 2 meetings it will be a cracker.:thumbsu:

Anyone keen to have a go at key match ups in both games??

Well just one more sleep till grand final day. Should be be 2 great games of footy, with the top 2 teams from both grades facing off.

My Tips:
Division 3 belco over a much improved jets by 18 points

Division 4 Yass to beat jets by 21 points

Good luck to all the teams participating, Should be great!!

Also i dont know if there are any attendance records kept but i reckon the record will be smashed, after this weekend i think afl canberra hope that yass make the grand final every year. i was at the the rugby league grand final a couple of years ago in which yass won and apparently there was 5000 people there and 4000 were from yass!

How will the week off have affected Belconnen and Gungahlin (in Div 3 and Div 4 respectively)?
Nothing like a weekend off before the GF to let the nerves build up.
Then again, Gungahlin and Yass (Div3 and 4) will be feeling their fair share of butterflies too, I guess.
However, for Gungahlin (both 3's and 4's) and Belconnen, who have figured in the finals for the last however-many years, you would think things would be a little more settled than out at the end of the Barton Hwy.
After mulling over the coming games, I've decided to change my tip for Div 4.
Gungahlin to take the cake by a couple of goals. I still reckon McCallum will be BOG, though in a losing team.
As for Div 3, I reckon Belconnen will be too strong again for Gungahlin. Should be closer than last time, but still reckon Belconnen by 3 or 4 goals. Going for an outsider for BOG in this one - H.Thring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back