AFL Canberra Div 3, div 4 (Canb Dist)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tips hay lads,

for the 3rds
i think its going to be a cracker.. the jets may out smart ADFA but the rams can definately run.
im thinking the Rams may just have to much run for the Jets,

in the 4s
well what a game that will be..
belconnen will be on a high from last week, and yass desperately needing to bounce back..
i think yass got the Kick they needed..
going to be a cracking game.. But yass in a tight one

Good luck to all:thumbsu:

Ports 18 apoligys ports re stevens debate david wark has now circulated to all clubs that stevens can infact use this weeks div 3 game as his 1 match givin that the player advocate assured phill that he was to be selected.He now becomes the fisrt ever player to be able to serve his suspenstion outside of the division it was given in.He will also make history next week.

Ports 18 apoligys ports re stevens debate david wark has now circulated to all clubs that stevens can infact use this weeks div 3 game as his 1 match givin that the player advocate assured phill that he was to be selected.He now becomes the fisrt ever player to be able to serve his suspenstion outside of the division it was given in.He will also make history next week.

Just so you know Juicyfruit he is not the first ever player to serve his suspension outside the division he was suspended in. It has happened at least with an Ainslie player when he was suspended in Div 2 and served it in Div 1.

Hey all heres my tips

ADFA in aclose one against Jets by 16

Yass also in a classic match by about the same margin

Good luck to all teams this weekend, Also Manuka Oval a great experience for all team involved good stuff!:D

What an absolute farce!!!!:eek:

Nice precedent

Next year we'll use a mid week Rec Footy, OzTag and Indoor cricket competitions to get guys off suspensions early. They all count as games don't they?

The point is not if Stevo got a week (which from what I heard he probably didn't deserve), its the fact he gets to use it playing for a team he hasn't been good enough for ALL YEAR to play in so he can play in a GF.

Rubbish decision.

Nice precedent

Next year we'll use a mid week Rec Footy, OzTag and Indoor cricket competitions to get guys off suspensions early. They all count as games don't they?

The point is not if Stevo got a week (which from what I heard he probably didn't deserve), its the fact he gets to use it playing for a team he hasn't been good enough for ALL YEAR to play in so he can play in a GF.

Rubbish decision.

I was at the game and quite honestly believe he should have got longer! The Yass player was given 2 weeks for defending himself!

Having said that, and nothing against Steven's personally, firstly, how does a player plead not guilty, have an umpire give evidence that he saw Steven's strike the Yass player several times, and has also seen Steven's dishing out cheap shots all day, be found guilty and still only only get one week?

And secondly, as if the player advocate isn't going to say what ever he needs to at a hearing like that when a GF position is at stake! When Steven's hasn't played a single Div 3 game this year, how that can have any credit or standing is beyond me. I'd go so far as to say, there are people involved in this that, morally, need to have a good hard look at themselves.

Lets hope somone from the league does read this stuff and takes steps (all be them very large ones required!) to rectify the By-Laws and erase any uncertaintity and loop holes, for the bettermant of the competition as a whole.

Good luck to all playing tomorrow!!

If there was a gold medal for a players advocate awarded on monday night it would be going to gungahlin aswell.

Nice precedent

Rubbish decision.

Of course you can use different sports :rolleyes:

So because he hasn't played in Div 3 all year makes him not good enough...
Where did he play the lasy few years in the GF??

I would not be slapping down Stevens for the decsion.. It is the league that stipulates the rules and the players and clubs follow them. Most people in Div 4 play and train each week to be selected in Div 3.
Now whether he was not deemed good enough or decided not to play Div 3 the point is he has been eligible for selection al year.

So in saying that he was given a 1 MATCH suspension which means he serves it the next match he is eligible to play which is this week in Div 3. Now if he does what everyone wants and miss the GF that effectively means he has missed 2 weeks not 1 as imposed by the league.

If people have a problem with this type of situation write to the league and express it, no point getting on a public forum because clearly the people that need to hear these comments don't get on here. Write to them and make them hear/understand where the players stand on these types of matters :thumbsu:

Harry 27 its very hard when the tribunial head on the night in this case phill thompson can actully over rule the the general manager and the operations manager who both stood firm in the belief that the player couldnt use this weekend as his 1 match.There is however another avenue available to the gm but i supect that there would be time issues now.All now need to except the decision and get on with footy.

I was at the game and quite honestly believe he should have got longer! The Yass player was given 2 weeks for defending himself!

Having said that, and nothing against Steven's personally, firstly, how does a player plead not guilty, have an umpire give evidence that he saw Steven's strike the Yass player several times, and has also seen Steven's dishing out cheap shots all day, be found guilty and still only only get one week?

And secondly, as if the player advocate isn't going to say what ever he needs to at a hearing like that when a GF position is at stake! When Steven's hasn't played a single Div 3 game this year, how that can have any credit or standing is beyond me. I'd go so far as to say, there are people involved in this that, morally, need to have a good hard look at themselves.

Lets hope somone from the league does read this stuff and takes steps (all be them very large ones required!) to rectify the By-Laws and erase any uncertaintity and loop holes, for the bettermant of the competition as a whole.

Good luck to all playing tomorrow!!

I to was at the game, and have seen Stevens play a number of times over the years and from my understanding in 20 years of football he has never been reported once. So that record counts for something.
The player in question from Yass was reported last year and from what I heard got 4 weeks, whilst last yr was an accident it is viewed by the judiciary and taken into account.

And your telling us that if you were in the same position you would tell your advocate to "have a long hard look at themselves" and to not defend you so you could play for your club???:rolleyes:

Instead of hoping someone from the league reads this be pro-active as I mentioned before and write to them to express your views :)

Harry 27 its very hard when the tribunial head on the night in this case phill thompson can actully over rule the the general manager and the operations manager who both stood firm in the belief that the player couldnt use this weekend as his 1 match.There is however another avenue available to the gm but i supect that there would be time issues now.All now need to except the decision and get on with footy.

Juicyfruit I'm with you on this one...I can't understand it either. Who runs this show!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You all keep getting it wrong it is NOT the leauge that passes sentence it is an independed judicary panel in this case two men and one woman they passed the suspension not the leauge.The only involvement the leauge have in the judiciary is the order in which those reported appear and to provide wether or not the player has been reported or suspended in this leauge.

I to was at the game, and have seen Stevens play a number of times over the years and from my understanding in 20 years of football he has never been reported once. So that record counts for something.
The player in question from Yass was reported last year and from what I heard got 4 weeks, whilst last yr was an accident it is viewed by the judiciary and taken into account.

And your telling us that if you were in the same position you would tell your advocate to "have a long hard look at themselves" and to not defend you so you could play for your club???:rolleyes:

Instead of hoping someone from the league reads this be pro-active as I mentioned before and write to them to express your views :)

Yep good point on the history....bearing that in mind, maybe a fare call on the 1 week.

As far as the advocate comments, I meant no disrespect to the persons integrity, more that the credability in the fact the Steven's was to be selected this week in the Div 3 was very questionbale.

And on the league front, I have and will continue to do so!

Now lets get on with the footy....and go the Roos!

Good luck to all teams this weekend at Manuka. And especially good luck to Ports who is playing his first game for the Gungahlin womens team this weekend after being drop out of 3rds. Make sure you wax mate.:D

Nice precedent

Rubbish decision.

Absolute dribble ferret!! :thumbsdown:

Not good enough : open your eyes, you know nothing of the reason PS not playing senior football this season not good enough is furtherest from truth, and anyone out there reading this tripe would agree with this post.

You all keep getting it wrong it is NOT the leauge that passes sentence it is an independed judicary panel in this case two men and one woman they passed the suspension not the leauge.The only involvement the leauge have in the judiciary is the order in which those reported appear and to provide wether or not the player has been reported or suspended in this leauge.

All barristers or working for High Court (do a great job, volunteer there great services)... Wonder if they looked over bylaws when ps left room and verdict was been discussed:D

Forgot to mention the woman knows her footy as well,

tips Jets v ADFA: Jets to dominate 43 pts
Yass v Belco: Belco 16pts

Tips for tomorrow.

Div 3: Jets V ADFA, Tight game I don't think anyone will run away with. The jets will need to have sorted out the kicking at goal that let them down last week. They will also need to try not to "flair" it up with to many unnecessary disposals especially under pressure, get it out and down field. They have plenty of experience in finals which may see thym through, If they have worked on this I will tip them by 20pts.

Dv 4: Yass v Belco: Yass needed the loss last week to detract them from the H & A season and to see that finals footy is different. I also think they will have a different level of respect for the opposition as a team. Yass will also need to get the lack of discipline out of their game, as the the game wears on the more they tire and the more ill disciplined they become.
Belco finished strong against the Swans and have some good finals experience. If they bring this form into this game I think they will get up by 8pts.

Good luck to all teams playing this weekend should be some cracker games played! :thumbsu:

Good luck to all teams this weekend at Manuka. And especially good luck to Ports who is playing his first game for the Gungahlin womens team this weekend after being drop out of 3rds. Make sure you wax mate.:D
Hey ports i mite be able to find a spot for you mate under the bylaws we would be rite we have a netball side playing finals today so that means you qualify .Best of luck to all involved today kick long stay safe. :)

LEEROY#6 Is it true the club was concernd about the spray southacb gave the leauge.Is that why he is so quite.
Juicy you sound to me like your chasing 100 dollar hookers with 20 bucks in your pocket.What have i ever done to you???:confused: As far as the spray goes i only said what lots were thinking .Those incharge have had plenty of oppertunatys to prove me wrong this week .But have they!!

Nice precedent

Rubbish decision.

Actually from an insider and from anyone that has actually seen him play. I can tell you, he is still definetly good enough to play in the 3rds, he has chosen not to, his decision.

Actually from an insider and from anyone that has actually seen him play. I can tell you, he is still definetly good enough to play in the 3rds, he has chosen not to, his decision.
Good to see he changed his mind this week then:D
enjoy your last game cab.

Congratulations to Yass on hard fought victory.Showed why they were mior prems Unfortunately :thumbsu: no triple header for Belco v jets.:thumbsdown:

Wow didnt they come out to play today, Jets old legs, think that little myth was laid to rest today, everywhere Adfa turned, jets legs were there to nail them, and i mean nail them. All those doubters out there that thought jets weren't contenders but pretenders, line up 1 by one Egg Man has something for ya faces:D They shat it in!!!!!!!!!!!! EASYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

All 3 grades!!!!!!!What club, what a club what a mighty fine club:D

I'll be the first to congratulate the Jets - I didn't think they would be able to get up, but its a hell of a turnaround from the rabble that we played early in the year when Spanner was coach...

Hopefully its a cracker of a grand final - and both teams beat each other senseless :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back