AFL Canberra

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Bill Neely staying at Ainslie this season or has he gone back to the SANFL !?
Back to the SANFL played at Ainslie for a season to assist getting out of his contract at Glenelg. Plus wife had a baby and she wanted to be closer to her family in Canberra

I thought Billy Neely had agreed to stay with Ainslie. Apparently wanted to go back to SA, however ran out of time trying to organise a deal with a SANFL Club.

Has anyone got any news on what has happened at Ainslie? I have heard down the grapevine that 20 blokes that played senior footy last year walked out on the club this year. From all reports the club is in termoil, and they only have the committee to blame after the players tried tro resolve their differances?

Has anyone got any news on what has happened at Ainslie? I have heard down the grapevine that 20 blokes that played senior footy last year walked out on the club this year. From all reports the club is in termoil, and they only have the committee to blame after the players tried tro resolve their differances?
rumours very true about ainslie players ;edt everywhere i know Kavanagh, Fruerhardt have joined Queanbeyan as well as Todd Pulford has there fitness coach. Payers leaving Ainslie for Queanbeyan was unheard of 10 years ago. Clubs with a mutual dislike for each other. Grayling i believe is at Tuggeranong. Not sure about any others thats just the ones i know about. Ainslie's committee has been doing that for years only have to go back to when they sacked David Cloke.

rumours very true about ainslie players ;edt everywhere i know Kavanagh, Fruerhardt have joined Queanbeyan as well as Todd Pulford has there fitness coach. Payers leaving Ainslie for Queanbeyan was unheard of 10 years ago. Clubs with a mutual dislike for each other. Grayling i believe is at Tuggeranong. Not sure about any others thats just the ones i know about. Ainslie's committee has been doing that for years only have to go back to when they sacked David Cloke.

Dont worry about Ainslie, they have recruited very well in terms of Frawley from Yarrawonga, former Easltake Premiership ruckman Bourke, 3 players from Gippsland area, plus numerous others from around the country. They will be up there at the end.

original your kidding yourself, ainslie will not be there at the end they haven't won a finals game in at least six years and they have had an unbelievable list for at least four of those years. this year they will really struggle bourke is old and in my opinion was never a matchwinner the big fella from yarra might go o.k but the three from the bush might dominate the districts but will get a bid shock against quality teams! they have chosen to lose the league's leading goalkicker in 05'&06' mmm clever! thier 05' b&f winner and basically anyone else who could play or who was a good clubman they will get spanked this year on a regular basis and it's pretty much all thier own doing! will finish second last slightly above the creek and if anyone thinks any different they are dreaming!!!!:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

and for the record kneely is staying at ainslie i heard a 50 grand offer clenched the deal.. grayling has moved back to melbourne... kavanagh will kick at least ten the first time ainsle get smashed by qbn!!!!

and for the record kneely is staying at ainslie i heard a 50 grand offer clenched the deal.. grayling has moved back to melbourne... kavanagh will kick at least ten the first time ainsle get smashed by qbn!!!!

So moonunit, whats happening at the Mighty Belconnen Magpies ? Qbn finish 6th last year - they have a fair bit of improving if they are to make a splash !!!!!!!!

So moonunit, whats happening at the Mighty Belconnen Magpies ? Qbn finish 6th last year - they have a fair bit of improving if they are to make a splash !!!!!!!!
Queanbeyan will be in the top 4 withour a doubt. Add fruerdardt, Kavanagh, Mark Powell from the swans, Matt Cavedon from Myrtleford, renee ioppi back for a full season they will be pretty handy. ainslie will be ordinary to say the least. Watch for Tuggeranong to rise with the additions of Brett Howman Craig Healey and i thought Grayling had signed there as assistant coach. Best thing for the comp will be the swans seniors to struggle in terms of injuries and such.. at least give other sided a thought that there just not playing for 2nd.

Queanbeyan will be in the top 4 withour a doubt. Add fruerdardt, Kavanagh, Mark Powell from the swans, Matt Cavedon from Myrtleford, renee ioppi back for a full season they will be pretty handy. ainslie will be ordinary to say the least. Watch for Tuggeranong to rise with the additions of Brett Howman Craig Healey and i thought Grayling had signed there as assistant coach. Best thing for the comp will be the swans seniors to struggle in terms of injuries and such.. at least give other sided a thought that there just not playing for 2nd.

Anyone who thinks "Captain Hammy" Richo is great must know nothing about footy*

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Demons should be ok with the likes of AAron Rogers, Stafford Cooper, yet another Clark from Qld and all the Marist kids.
i think the top four in no particular order will be the swans (of course) Queanbeyan, Eastlake and the Blueberry Pies. with Tuggeranong and Ainslie just missing out and the pussy cats a fair way behind.

i reckon your kidding yourself original. cooper's an old man who'll be lucky to get a game and eastlake having been 'gunna' go alright every year for the past 3 years under clarke. how long will they stick it out with him

Word has it that Belconnen is running a second side in the Reserves comp (their Districts team) to make up the numbers. Interesting experiment. Doesn't say much for the strength of the competition (outside the District Leagues which has 18 teams) when only 5 teams nominate for Reserve Grade though.

Don't worry about the Wildcats, have snared some ainslie players as well as some interstate recruits. Lost Tommy Daniel and John Taylor to Ainslie. But a good young team not unlike Tuggers. Also aligned with Murrumbidge which gives a good player pool. to add to the 40 odd turning up consistently throughout pre-season.

Don't worry about the Wildcats, have snared some ainslie players as well as some interstate recruits. Lost Tommy Daniel and John Taylor to Ainslie. But a good young team not unlike Tuggers. Also aligned with Murrumbidge which gives a good player pool. to add to the 40 odd turning up consistently throughout pre-season.

perhaps the Wildcats could re-enter the Reserve Grade comp if they have forty regular players at training -

I have thought the same thing for a while now, it was a bit pre-mature that decision. But will see what happens, we have a bit of depth now and should smash all the district teams considering Murrumbidge were already the dominant team. AFL Canberra is the worst organised league in Australia.

I have thought the same thing for a while now, it was a bit pre-mature that decision. But will see what happens, we have a bit of depth now and should smash all the district teams considering Murrumbidge were already the dominant team. AFL Canberra is the worst organised league in Australia.
don't know about that i wouldn't be getting to far ahead of yourselves you've changed your name and colours 50 times before but does't fix the underlying fact that the wildcats have possibly the worst culture of any football club going around. Changing your name doesn't necessarily mean the culture will change. A leopard can never change it's spots. The league is run fine it's just a shame it's dominated by big clubs with even bigger dollars i wonder if anybody there knows the meaning of the word loyalty.

Not getting ahead of myself, just saying that a couple of wins arn't out of the question this year. Just to corect you we are a new identity. But I know you are just going to throw that out the window and say we are just a re-badged Weston Creek, well if you want to go down that path, the reason we re-verted back to the wildcats is because that is what we were called for our first 12 seasons untill the comittee went heywire and decided to call us the lions. But we have changed our name no-more than Ainslie (Tricolours-Kangaroos), Eastlake (Southern Districts-Eastlake Demons) and Tugerranong (Cowboys-Hawks), also if you want to get into changing colours or guernseys, Bleconnen has done it 4 times in the last 10 years, Tuggers twice, Eastlake twice and Ainslie added a Kangaroo. So pretty much the whole comp has changed except for Queanbeyan. But we are now the Canberra Wildcats and thats what matters and hopefully will get closer than a lot of people think for the clubs sake.

The Tibbinator is based in Victoria, but he has heard plenty about Ainslee Football Club. Their coach Chris Rourke is doing some serious recruiting from the VCFL comps, however, the Tibbinator has heard that although they're going hard, when it comes to the crunch the coin just aint there.

Anyone else like to back up the Tibbinator on this one?

The Tibbinator is based in Victoria, but he has heard plenty about Ainslee Football Club. Their coach Chris Rourke is doing some serious recruiting from the VCFL comps, however, the Tibbinator has heard that although they're going hard, when it comes to the crunch the coin just aint there.

Anyone else like to back up the Tibbinator on this one?

Doesnt matter how much money they throw around they need to change the culture of the Club. With the likes of Muir (President) and other former players on their Board, they are in the process of doing that. Juniors are the key, not recruits on big dollars.

Not getting ahead of myself, just saying that a couple of wins arn't out of the question this year. Just to corect you we are a new identity. But I know you are just going to throw that out the window and say we are just a re-badged Weston Creek, well if you want to go down that path, the reason we re-verted back to the wildcats is because that is what we were called for our first 12 seasons untill the comittee went heywire and decided to call us the lions. But we have changed our name no-more than Ainslie (Tricolours-Kangaroos), Eastlake (Southern Districts-Eastlake Demons) and Tugerranong (Cowboys-Hawks), also if you want to get into changing colours or guernseys, Bleconnen has done it 4 times in the last 10 years, Tuggers twice, Eastlake twice and Ainslie added a Kangaroo. So pretty much the whole comp has changed except for Queanbeyan. But we are now the Canberra Wildcats and thats what matters and hopefully will get closer than a lot of people think for the clubs sake.
Every club you have mentioned has had a reason for the change not just the for the sake of change of name change of fortune. Eastlake went to southern districts when they amalgamated with manuka. when manuka football club went broke, eastlake football club became the principal sponser therefore they became eastlake again. To honour manuka's involvement they kept Manuka's colours which they still wear. Ainslie went with the Kangaroo when they were supporting the North Melbourne football club financially. Thats where the kangaroo came from. Tuggeranong were originally bulldogs bet went to the cowboys due to not want to favour one of there junior feeders over the other (bulldogs and lions) they went to the hawks after they aligned themselves with the Hawthorn football club. Belconnen are very similar to tuggeranong in that they didn't want to favour one junior club over the other (belconnen cats and West Canberra) They kept the Belconnen name but used west canberra's monika the magpies the colours teal black and blue were an attempt to merge the colours of there respective juniors. Queanbeyan had one jumper change in 96 when they added white but went back to the traditional. so everyone had a reason for the change not just for the sake of trying to change there image.

Who are the Wildcats recruits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back