AFL Canberra

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is funny a bit high is that the 4 votes for Queanbeyan comes from Queanbeyan people. No one who is non-partial has cast a vote and no Belconnen people are silly enough to come on here sprooking up our chances.
You may have more luck getting into the Belconnen Players heads when your “runner” at the weekend as we know you cant keep your fat mouth shut on the ground as much as you cant on this website. You have ruined this website with your constant dribble, and trying to manufacturer a response has only worked on me, because i am sick of you. Good luck to the Belco reserves, i wish you luck.

Lets just clear up a couple of thing SR - The 4 votes that have been given to the Qbn Reserves were from myself, AFC1, SouthCab and Footy Fotographer.

Obviously I am a Qbn person so I will give you that one. Well done:thumbsu:
AFC1, now please keep up with me on this one, may well be an Ainslie supporter.:eek:
Footy Fotographer I dont think has any aliance to a club but I may well be mistaken.
SouthCab spends alot of time on the Div 3 & 4 sight as well as this one so Im not sure where his colours lay.

As far as ruining this sight, your cracking jokes aren't you?? I bring up topics to talk about regularly and encourage discussion.

But feel free to come up to me on GF day and front me face to face, Im sure you will be there watching.:)

Just a correction ABH. Belco 2nds lost two and drew one during the year. They are a class act and will be motivated even more now that you have given them a losing title (Kournakova Curse). Nothing better than having the words of an opposition supporter / player / coach etc to refer to in the changerooms prior to a game to stir the spirit. Thanks.

No doubt your club will thank you for giving us even more reason to win than before just to shove it right up your !!!!!!!! Its a pity you bad mouth others as it is a reflection on your club. Suppose you will be yelling orders from the sideline this Sunday to gain attention to yourself ?

Selections Belco in 1st Grade by 5 goals. Belco in 2nds by 10 goals (heard Qnbo suffered some serioius injuries from last weeks impressive win over Demons) and Marist by 10 points over Tricolours.

Should be a good day even though rain is expected.

Lets just clear up a couple of thing SR - The 4 votes that have been given to the Qbn Reserves were from myself, AFC1, SouthCab and Footy Fotographer.

Obviously I am a Qbn person so I will give you that one. Well done:thumbsu:
AFC1, now please keep up with me on this one, may well be an Ainslie supporter.:eek:
Footy Fotographer I dont think has any aliance to a club but I may well be mistaken.
SouthCab spends alot of time on the Div 3 & 4 sight as well as this one so Im not sure where his colours lay.

As far as ruining this sight, your cracking jokes aren't you?? I bring up topics to talk about regularly and encourage discussion.

But feel free to come up to me on GF day and front me face to face, Im sure you will be there watching.:)
Ive had many a pot at ABH this year, but I must stick up for him here. If he didnt have a "big fat mouth" he wouldnt be allowed to do the running, its a prerequisite after all, and if he didnt have a bit to say he would be kicked out of the fleuro yellow union!

Just a quick one. What are the rules on bringing piss in to Manuka for GF weekend? Im not going to be turned away when I show up with an esky am I? Haven't been for a couple of years so thought I'd better check...

Just a correction ABH. Belco 2nds lost two and drew one during the year. They are a class act and will be motivated even more now that you have given them a losing title (Kournakova Curse). Nothing better than having the words of an opposition supporter / player / coach etc to refer to in the changerooms prior to a game to stir the spirit. Thanks.

No doubt your club will thank you for giving us even more reason to win than before just to shove it right up your !!!!!!!! Its a pity you bad mouth others as it is a reflection on your club. Suppose you will be yelling orders from the sideline this Sunday to gain attention to yourself ?

Selections Belco in 1st Grade by 5 goals. Belco in 2nds by 10 goals (heard Qnbo suffered some serioius injuries from last weeks impressive win over Demons) and Marist by 10 points over Tricolours.

Should be a good day even though rain is expected.

I'll agree with you on a couple of points FIM; it will be a great day:thumbsu: and Belco 2nds have been a class act all year. But if your boys need to look outside their own camp for more motivation then the game will be a lot closer than you think..;)
As for the Kournikova curse... I believe ABH has been touting that particular phrase for the last 18 months and I don't think anyone has used it as motivation yet..:D Finals footy has been known to throw up a few surprises though.:thumbsu:

Belco to Beat Swans by 5 goals.
Tigers to beat Belco by 8 points.
Ainslie to beat Marist by 14 points.

Good luck to all teams playing on Sunday and I hope you all enjoy the experience - you may not get another chance..

I'll agree with you on a couple of points FIM; it will be a great day:thumbsu: and Belco 2nds have been a class act all year. But if your boys need to look outside their own camp for more motivation then the game will be a lot closer than you think..;)
As for the Kournikova curse... I believe ABH has been touting that particular phrase for the last 18 months and I don't think anyone has used it as motivation yet..:D Finals footy has been known to throw up a few surprises though.:thumbsu:

Good luck to all teams playing on Sunday and I hope you all enjoy the experience - you may not get another chance..
All the very best for sunday toodogs i believe the boys can pull it of .

Just received the info about times, etc for Sunday and noticed that at 1/2 of the seniors, no-one is allowed onto the ground :mad::mad:
I cannot understand this - surely if they are promoting kids to get out there and support the game, a big buzz (I know that my kids enjoy it) is to kick the footy around during the breaks.
Unless there is a motor-cade or something similar at 1/2 time, or someone else has a reason why this is happening I am totally confused what the league has done to bring this in :mad::mad:
Hopefully the public of Canberra will get out there and watch 3 quality games of footy

To true TD.

Let me also say that some on here are not worthy of a retort.

I will also add that the "curse" was earnt and well deserved and I will cop what ever comes my way on Sunday or next week because as you know if you live by the sword.......

Just received the info about times, etc for Sunday and noticed that at 1/2 of the seniors, no-one is allowed onto the ground :mad::mad:
I cannot understand this - surely if they are promoting kids to get out there and support the game, a big buzz (I know that my kids enjoy it) is to kick the footy around during the breaks.
Unless there is a motor-cade or something similar at 1/2 time, or someone else has a reason why this is happening I am totally confused what the league has done to bring this in :mad::mad:
Hopefully the public of Canberra will get out there and watch 3 quality games of footy
The league has organised a "race" of some sort at half time of the seniors. Each club represented. Don't know much about it but that is what I have heard.
Belco in the seniors 33 points.
Belco in ressies 24 points
Ainslie in 18's 16 points.
Good luck to all.
See you at the footy, Canberra footy.:D

You won't be able to get it in the gates mate. But the hawks are running the canteen and their prices are reasonable..

although its all relative isnt it

I used to be a BIG fan of the esky on the hill brigade:thumbsu::thumbsu:. Unfortunately those days are gone:thumbsdown: but I have a lot of respect for the TFC and do not begrudge paying a club that is fighting tooth and nail to remain competitive in this League for a dozen beers and five or six pies. :D:D

Besides, if I took my esky... I'd end up leaving it on the hill anyway.:(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I used to be a BIG fan of the esky on the hill brigade:thumbsu::thumbsu:. Unfortunately those days are gone:thumbsdown: but I have a lot of respect for the TFC and do not begrudge paying a club that is fighting tooth and nail to remain competitive in this League for a dozen beers and five or six pies. :D:D

Only a dozen mate??;)

In my younger days we used to put vodka into an esky full of ice then just throw a couple of bottles of soft drink in the esky. They always let in soft drink then you have your vodka and squash. Now that i have posted this they might check eskies, so i would only do it if you were really strapped for cabbage. Don’t worry about the pies, just worry about how your going to get home Monday morning

In my younger days we used to put vodka into an esky full of ice then just throw a couple of bottles of soft drink in the esky. They always let in soft drink then you have your vodka and squash. Now that i have posted this they might check eskies, so i would only do it if you were really strapped for cabbage. Don’t worry about the pies, just worry about how your going to get home Monday morning

That says it all!!;)

Great endorsment for under age drinking seing as though you are just out of nappies.:cool:

The Time is Near. The hard work is done and dusted. Magpies are at full strength in both grades. Bad luck to Lovey, losing his spot in seniors after being there all year. Sounds like it is going to be a shiiit of a day weather wise. Just hope we have a good crowd to pull the boys through in both grades. Seniors will be a close game but the seconds will destroy the Tigers in damp conditions. The Tiges are to top heavy.

The U18's game was sensational - how Marist held on when Ainslie were inside their 50 for the entire last quarter will never be known...

I guess we know why they wear port adelaide colours. They tried their best to throw it away in the twos and gave the biggest of all chokes in the ones. Had it in the bag all day but just didn't have the balls to finish the job.

Hollywood for Belconnen who was wearing 12 was just a joke. The air swing from the goalsquare was one of the worst efforts by a player I've seen in my years watching footy. His one handed attacks on the footy were also a treat to watch.

Cannot believe I had to work looking at those results. :( 3 games decided by a total of 5 points is unbelievable. I heard about the 18s in the morning and thought maybe it was a good thing I wasn't there, but to see Belconnen lose it would have been well worth it. Looking forward to the Tri-Colours giving it to them in next years GF.

Wow!!

What an amazing 3 games played yesterday. A total of 5 points seperated the victors from the defeated and all 3 games could have quite easily have gone the other way...I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought at some stage during each tight last term that we could have extra time.

Great come back from Marist in the 18's. They were down for the count at halftime but showed tremendous spirit to rise to the challenge. Well done to both Ainslie & Marist.

Fantastic game in the Ressies with Belco as expected out of the blocks quickly but the Tigers spirit causing them to claw there way back to go down by 2 points in a nail bitter. Congrats to Belco for breaking the curse...just!

And the 1st grade...I still cant get over how Belco snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Quite an amazing effort from the Swans who never looked likely until midway through the last term. Belco had numerous opportunities to put the game to bed but didn't and always looked in complete control. Swans without Mathews, Brennan, Fosdike, Grundy had no right to put up much resistance and all expected a pretty comfortable day for the Magpies once the teams ran out. Add the fact that Sydney had 8 players that had played only 15 games between them in AFL Canberra with 6 top ups from Tuggeranong (2 of them 16years old and 1 just 17) it seemed an un winnable game for the other side from NSW. But somehow Belco lost the un-loseable Grand Final and sent this guy and many others home with a smile on their face :thumbsu: Well done Sydney and thankyou!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back