afl draft chances in the vafa?

Remove this Banner Ad

:confused:
we'retalkinfooty said:
what do ppl think is there anyone in the vafa who might be a chance to be drafted into the afl this year?

there was a bloke last year. a great kid called joel rice playing for marcellin and all the talk was of him being a chance to get drafted. went to WA to play WAFL and hasnt been heard of since. people round xavs way reckon handley's a chance. good young kid. other than that who knows.

maybe todays u23 game will give us a better insight into that question.

oh and brock mooney from collegians is still some sort of chance. every AFL club gets a veterans list and at the ripe old age of 64 he's still got to be in the mix!

My little mate davey kinsella has got to be some chance. Finally got his body right and in super knick. Tough and disciplined and deserves a chance. One of the few geniune nice fellas of amateur footy along with jono" im a ****sucker" dixon and georgie "maybe a *******" haros

Maybe brett collins play's for hail. In school footy and St.bede's if not playing school footy. Skinny athletic and very talented. Plays forward might b a few lookin at him.

we'retalkinfooty said:
what do ppl think is there anyone in the vafa who might be a chance to be drafted into the afl this year?

With the wealth of talent in this years draft TAC, VFL, WAFL SANFL why would someone from the VAFA get drafted? 2x losses in the U23 games show the standard of the ammos has dropped away. You blokes better get out into the real world and stop believing the standard ammos hype about how good their standard of footy is. Dreaming.

aberdaberdo said:
With the wealth of talent in this years draft TAC, VFL, WAFL SANFL why would someone from the VAFA get drafted? 2x losses in the U23 games show the standard of the ammos has dropped away. You blokes better get out into the real world and stop believing the standard ammos hype about how good their standard of footy is. Dreaming.

I agree aberdaberdo, the EDFL is much better standard ;)

Apparently North are looking at the Dawson boys from OEG under the father-son rules. Although, Dawson was heavily scragged and tagged on Saturday night by a much lesser opponent - not one of his finest performances.

aberdaberdo said:

You're a one trick pony Abers...boring.

justin timberlake said:
Apparently North are looking at the Dawson boys from OEG under the father-son rules. Although, Dawson was heavily scragged and tagged on Saturday night by a much lesser opponent - not one of his finest performances.

He certainly had his work cut out for him.

Knows how to put the polish on some ordinary play though, you'd think the targets he missed due to pressure on Saturday would only take a matter of time!

:thumbsu: Word down at the 'pit is that there is a kid running round in the under 19's by the name of Andrew Mitchell. At the tender age of 17, "AJ" was the youngest player to play under 19's at St Bernards 3 years ago. Coming from a long line of Mitchells from St Bernards, many are touting this young man as the best of the best. Has already won 3 competition best and fairest awards and state representation and the future looks bright

Drizzle said:
:thumbsu: Word down at the 'pit is that there is a kid running round in the under 19's by the name of Andrew Mitchell. At the tender age of 17, "AJ" was the youngest player to play under 19's at St Bernards 3 years ago. Coming from a long line of Mitchells from St Bernards, many are touting this young man as the best of the best. Has already won 3 competition best and fairest awards and state representation and the future looks bright

Why isn't he at Cannons/Jets?

yddik said:
Maybe brett collins play's for hail. In school footy and St.bede's if not playing school footy. Skinny athletic and very talented. Plays forward might b a few lookin at him.

Apparently Collins has attracted the attention of at least St Kilda and Hawthorn. Word is a Hawthorn scout was on hand to see him bag 7 from the wing against the Rovers at the start of the year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rick James said:
It is. And actual, you know, men play there too.

If being a man constitutes king hitting blokes behind play and playing with washed up has-beens, the VAFA players probably don't qualify.

We prefer to play at clubs where the trainers are hot young physio students instead of hairy old men who hope their thumb slips up your bum hole during a hammy rubdown.

We prefer to play for the jumper instead of the cheque book.

And Ive never meet anyone who is actually tough on the field who'd feel the need to spruik about it on a website. I bet you are the 3/4 time orange-boy for some sespit club who gets a hard-on watching the players shower after a game.

Plumber said:
And Ive never meet anyone who is actually tough on the field who'd feel the need to spruik about it on a website.

Mate you watch/play VAFA, you probably haven't met anyone tough, period.

VAFA - just a bunch of never-was hacks wishing they were back in high school when people actually gave a sh*t about them.

rick James said:

VAFA - just a bunch of never-was hacks wishing they were back in high school when people actually gave a sh*t about them.

Tough? You've argued his point perfectly peanut, go back to spruiking yourself on every other post

rick James said:

You've got 14,138 posts... you're so sick!

rick James said:

The only person who probably ever gave a sh*t about you was Les Twentyman you uneducated rodent. I hope you got good seats for the footy this week from the knife exchange program.

Plumber said:
The only person who probably ever gave a sh*t about you was Les Twentyman you uneducated rodent. I hope you got good seats for the footy this week from the knife exchange program.

I see I struck a nerve, it must really suck to know that in spite of attending a stuck up high school, perhaps being old money, that you're still weak as p1ss.

I don't think you know how educated I am, but it's strange you assume I didn't go to a school playing in the VAFA.

rick James said:
I see I struck a nerve, it must really suck to know that in spite of attending a stuck up high school, perhaps being old money, that you're still weak as p1ss.

I don't think you know how educated I am, but it's strange you assume I didn't go to a school playing in the VAFA.

My assumptions are solely based upon the incoherant dribble you have produced today.

Perhaps you should leave the literary diatribe to those who have the intellegence not to make fools of themselves.

Your qualifications in finger-painting from the shool of hard knocks hardly places you in that category.

Plumber said:
My assumptions are solely based upon the incoherant dribble you have produced today.

Perhaps you should leave the literary diatribe to those who have the intellegence not to make fools of themselves.

Your qualifications in finger-painting from the shool of hard knocks hardly places you in that category.

Well your assumptions are wildly incorrect. VAFA boys tend to make these mistakes, as many of them are delusional to the point that they think their league, and indeed their very existence, has any relevance.

rick James said:
Well your assumptions are wildly incorrect. VAFA boys tend to make these mistakes, as many of them are delusional to the point that they think their league, and indeed their very existence, has any relevance.

John Williamson once wrote a song about what is growing out of your shoulder. Do yourself a favour...

Remove this Banner Ad

afl draft chances in the vafa?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back