afl draft chances in the vafa?

Remove this Banner Ad

Stefan Martin from Old Haileybury is a big chance, he is an 18/19 year old kid who is 6'7", and a great athlete. He has already had some interest from AFL clubs and he is starting to make an impact for OH in the seniors. He has not played much footy but he can really jump, has plenty of speed and is pretty good at ground level. He also has the ability to palm the ball with direction and control in the ruck which most ruckmen at all levels struggle to master.

Good mate of of mine Aaron Carman that plays in the 1s for Kew FC. He is a weapon and its like he has an understanding with the ball that when it comes hes way the ball will just either bounce up to him or will mett him where ever he runs LOL! If the selectors see him I reckon he will be playing very soon!

The Pies Are In Front said:
Good mate of of mine Aaron Carman that plays in the 1s for Kew FC. He is a weapon and its like he has an understanding with the ball that when it comes hes way the ball will just either bounce up to him or will mett him where ever he runs LOL! If the selectors see him I reckon he will be playing very soon!

Mate who are you trying to kid, if your playing for Kew your are absolute no chance of even being looked at by an AFL club.

al neville is a good vfl player but will never step up higher and be decent. you have to back the scouts eyes. he was vic metro captain under 16's i think and maybe even 18's as well and got nothing, obviously something they see they don't like. He only went to coburg to folow Andy Collins to get a game and ride on the coat-tails of his mate Cam Howat, who is a star by the way. that's all

I've seen a few scouts around the ammos this year and maybe even if they won't be drafted i wouldnt be suprised if up to 15 young players get a pre-season at melbourne clubs.

down at bernards there is a player gracing the fields in the u/19's named tom caven who has won back to back b&f's, one last yr in a premiership team and the other this yr in a team tht finished 3rd. tom caven is the nephew of ed considine who played 100 odd games for essendon and sydney, and also tom was training with the cannons last preseason but dropped out due to heavy school committments. tom is a key backman and no doubt has the talent to go a long way.

I Shot the Sherrin said:
:confused:

there was a bloke last year. a great kid called joel rice playing for marcellin and all the talk was of him being a chance to get drafted. went to WA to play WAFL and hasnt been heard of since. people round xavs way reckon handley's a chance. good young kid. other than that who knows.

Joel Rice Played 2 Res and 19 League matches for West Perth in The WAFL.

While Playing for West Perth in 2006 League
Season Statistics
M Kicks HBalls Mks HO Gls GlsAv Bhds
19 176 83 96 - 18 1 11

jooce said:
methinks he was joking einstein
Methinks you are right. Whilst Aaron 'Straughny' Carmen is a great player and clubman for Kew, and has silky skills on par with any in the top league; his hairstyle just isn't quite up to AFL standard and has lowered his sights to hopefully pulling on Joffa's gold jacket after the great man retires. :D Hi bucks!

Spook said:
Joel Rice Played 2 Res and 19 League matches for West Perth in The WAFL.

While Playing for West Perth in 2006 League
Season Statistics
M Kicks HBalls Mks HO Gls GlsAv Bhds
19 176 83 96 - 18 1 11

ok, so not a great start to a WAFL career but not awful. whats that like 13 or so disposals a game?? did they think he improved or do you think he'd head back over east again? where were they playing him, if you have seen any of it? good kid, great bloke...

oh and before i forget does anyone know what happened to big dan cullinan? kicked 8 against WAAFC couple of years ago and made all-australian last year. then left for the west this year and has not been sighted in any of the results, least not by me. anyone care to shed some light on the big fella?

Matt 'Chopper' Handley from xavs? Big forward who missed out on playing 19's by only 2 days (or so), and has only been playing aussie rules seriously for 2 years (started in xavs 3rds in yr 12 after a move from rugby). Obviously doesn't qualify for draft, but is a big improver and, if nothing else, would be have to be looked at?

Dave Kinsella from SBMT is hanging up the boots after winning the flag this week. Apparently this has put a dent in his beloved Kangaroos hopes for 07 as they were seriously entertaining picking him up with their 1st selection in the National Draft.

VAFA19s said:
Matt 'Chopper' Handley from xavs? Big forward who missed out on playing 19's by only 2 days (or so), and has only been playing aussie rules seriously for 2 years (started in xavs 3rds in yr 12 after a move from rugby). Obviously doesn't qualify for draft, but is a big improver and, if nothing else, would be have to be looked at?

He's a mate of mate - loves the alco too much to consider listing himself

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

afl draft chances in the vafa?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back