Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2022 - Tsatas, Hayes, Davey x2, Munkara & Montgomerie

Who should we take with Pick 4? (Pick 2)

• Tsatas

Votes: 60 27.9%
  • Humphrey

Votes: 33 15.3%
  • Phillipou

Votes: 109 50.7%
  • Clark

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Other

Votes: 17 7.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick links: Player Contract Status | Trade & Free Agency 2022 | JHA Father/Son and NGA | Adrian Dodoro

0093895D-8D9D-4EFD-93DB-32FA70C2A596.jpeg

Last edited:
History suggests that those medium forwards taken inside the first round don't end up becoming the players they should be. Heeney, Stringer, Langford probably the only real 'success' stories as mid sized forwards imho.

Has Langford been a success story..?

He was pick 17 - I’d definitely take pick 17 this year for Langford.

ignoring Heeney & Steele who were academy freebies, the next 10 picks only see Laverde, McKenzie (Saints) and McLean (Dogs) still on lists.
He's best 22 and his 2021 showed what value he provides as a wing/HFF. Can't really ask much more from a late 1st rd pick.

Given that draft, which players have ended up better that were taken after him?

Taking away the academy players in Heeney, Steele and Harris Andrews, you'd say Touk Miller, Brayden Maynard Bailey Dale and Caleb Daniel are all better, which is fine. Ed Langdon too.

He's absolutely a success story. He's ahigh quality AFL wing/half forward taken late first round in a very shallow draft.

Jackson doesn’t even work for Freo. Neither he or Darcy can play as a resting forward. Both need to be number 1. He’s perfect to replace Nic Nat. Would be a stupid stupid move from Freo.

They were talking about this on the radio the other day, I don't think he was willing to entertain a trade to WCE for some reason. Or maybe I'm getting mixed up with another player. It was to do with some WAFL drama anyway.

History suggests that those medium forwards taken inside the first round don't end up becoming the players they should be. Heeney, Stringer, Langford probably the only real 'success' stories as mid sized forwards imho.
I wouldn’t call langford a success story yet. But I do agree, medium forward is almost the hardest position to succeed at afl level, 2 inches taller and they’re a key forward with skills and athleticism the would allow them to be a grade players. Those tweener players often get pigeon holed into 1 position and there is only a couple of roles they can play in a side ( a lot don’t have good tanks), and many don’t make it as midfielders.

Cam Rayner starting to fulfill the potential.
Petracca was a forward / midfielder . Sill plays a reasonable amount of forward time.
DeGoey is a forward / midfielder.
There has been a bit of a mix of good average and poor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I often dream of the success story he would be if we played Langford in the correct position and had capable strength and conditioning.

Last edited:
I often dream of the success story would be if we played Langford in the correct position and had capable strength and conditioning.
You mean like we did in 2020 and 2021?

I’m not having this argument with you again Ethan
I can't wait to see Langford, Martin and Durham be one of the best wing rotations in the AFL for at least the next 2 years :)

I can't wait to see Langford, Martin and Durham be one of the best wing rotations in the AFL for at least the next 2 years :)

Jesus wept

Wouldn't you play Langford at HFF though?
I'd play him where he played his best and most consistent football, which is a wing with stints inside 50. Do the same for Martin and Durham.

I'd play him where he played his best and most consistent football, which is a wing with stints inside 50. Do the same for Martin and Durham.

I always thought he was better a little closer to goal and roaming down towards the wing, but I can see he'd be a good rotation with the others.

I always thought he was better a little closer to goal and roaming down towards the wing, but I can see he'd be a good rotation with the others.
His two best years were 2020/21 and he mostly played wing for those so eh.

I am with you on this. Has played good footy on the wing and as a forward he adds to the overall glacier speed we have there.

A good success over the last 2 years has been the improvement on our wings. Martin, Langford and Durham can run all day. Would like to take a punt in a Sharp type from GC. Just to really ram home that this is a differentiator for us.

A good success over the last 2 years has been the improvement on our wings. Martin, Langford and Durham can run all day. Would like to take a punt in a Sharp type from GC. Just to really ram home that this is a differentiator for us.
They aren’t letting him walk when they gave up pick 11 to move up and get him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back