Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2024 - What do we do, we don't have a top 10 pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

I find it all a bit conflicting. If he/they (Scott & Vozzo) bought into the Essendon people/media noise that the list was underperforming, why would he/they then come out with the whole 8-year plan/not a short term fix stuff? If they rated the list, why would it then be an 8-year process?

I do think it's two years too late in some ways - at the very least, one year.

The 8 year thing wasn’t a plan it was a window. As in we have 8 years with this group that we rate to get a finals win or more.

Just need to fix at the margains but it’s a contending group.

At some point that changed and Essendon’s PR team is saying we’re going to copy north/hawthorn and do a proper rebuild likely because the rich coteries are pissed that the hawks won a final and were mired in mediocrity (despite their meddling being the reason)

In practice what we are doing is trying to rebuild/rebalance on the fly with the only path available to us.

For me the way i interpret things

2023 - Year 1. Scott just a look over how everything is run and how the players perform for the good chunk of the first half to 3 qtrs of season

2024 - Realisation performed pretty well in 2023, sat high on the ladder for a group that did not have high training standards. Lets in still strong training standards and more game plan and see where this group can get to? Got to the same spot and didnt perform/stand up when it was needed

Well weve fixed the training standards, implemented game plan and were still in the same spot. ....... the group/quality isnt there. We need to find and develop quality

2025: onwards

Think we won 18/23 i50 counts i read somewhere

Teams who win i50 counts... win ~ 77% of games

The 8 year thing wasn’t a plan it was a window. As in we have 8 years with this group that we rate to get a finals win or more.

Just need to fix at the margains but it’s a contending group.

At some point that changed and Essendon’s PR team is saying we’re going to copy north/hawthorn and do a proper rebuild likely because the rich coteries are pissed that the hawks won a final and were mired in mediocrity (despite their meddling being the reason)

In practice what we are doing is trying to rebuild/rebalance on the fly with the only path available to us.
Hawthorn never did a proper rebuild

They just have a coach ~20% better than anyone else right now

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2024 - What do we do, we don't have a top 10 pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back