Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2022 - Tsatas, Hayes, Davey x2, Munkara & Montgomerie

Who should we take with Pick 4? (Pick 2)

• Tsatas

Votes: 60 27.9%
  • Humphrey

Votes: 33 15.3%
  • Phillipou

Votes: 109 50.7%
  • Clark

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Other

Votes: 17 7.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick links: Player Contract Status | Trade & Free Agency 2022 | JHA Father/Son and NGA | Adrian Dodoro

0093895D-8D9D-4EFD-93DB-32FA70C2A596.jpeg

Last edited:
If we can somehow magic another selection in the top 10 Jhye Clark is the man.

I don’t think he is a good enough fit to burn the only top selection we have but as the companion selection he is some bloody good meat and potatoes.
I like him a lot too, I just don’t see what he offers that’s different to Caldwell. Not sure we need another Caldwell given our current mix.

I like him a lot too, I just don’t see what he offers that’s different to Caldwell. Not sure we need another Caldwell given our current mix.

I would absolutely take another Caldwell, let alone a Caldwell but a better runner.

I would absolutely take another Caldwell, let alone a Caldwell but a better runner.
How do Shiel, Merrett, Parish, Caldwell, Hobbs and Clark play together? Not to mention the draft capital required to get Clark. Just doesn’t make much sense to me.

How do Shiel, Merrett, Parish, Caldwell, Hobbs and Clark play together? Not to mention the draft capital required to get Clark. Just doesn’t make much sense to me.
Depends on how long term you are looking. Clarke offers more leadership and work rate both ways than most young players.
It makes sense if you are not welded to Shiel and Parish as your future.

Cadman is very impressive. He would be very hard to go past if he’s still on the board when we pick.

Sheezel has power and real class/x-factor. Goal sense is uncanny.

Wardlaw is a beast - love his attack and power.

Happy with any of the above at pick 4.

Thought Hollands was very good today - thought he was the best mid out there. Don’t think he’s the guy for us but he’s a genuine two way runner unlike most of our small mids.

Konstanty, Binns and Hayes all impressive. McKenzie and Tsatas were underwhelming for mine.

Harley Reid is a freak. When Humphries was on fire, Hayes went to him and cooled him down. Yet could not do anything with the smaller, younger Reid in the last.

Depends on how long term you are looking. Clarke offers more leadership and work rate both ways than most young players.
It makes sense if you are not welded to Shiel and Parish as your future.
Even if we are to trade Parish I’d be looking at guys like Wardlaw and Humphrey before Clark. Spending top 10’s on small mids that aren’t exceptionally powerful is something we don’t have the luxury of doing no matter how good their other attributes are.

IS there any of those team first kids in this years pool you rate? I know ant555 mentioned Hugh Bond as someone who has that, anyone you rate later in the draft?
I have mentioned Hugh previously
he has played exclusively midfield for rebels but half back for vc
‘very honest and hard at it
lacks speed and agility but endurance terrific was an ex rower
i still think graham at 22 would be sweet
george drifting to 22 may be possible
i have really rated Jason binns final series and game today
outstanding work rate- athletics background and a nice kick

Even if we are to trade Parish I’d be looking at guys like Wardlaw and Humphrey before Clark. Spending top 10’s on small mids that aren’t exceptionally powerful is something we don’t have the luxury of doing no matter how good their other attributes are.
Well you haver given yourself away now.
Clarke does have plenty of inside grunt. He is only just smaller than Wardlaw and his game is all about work rate. He will be the one that will block for Hobbs and do his bit when needed.
He is not my number 1 choice but he is not the player you are describing.

That’s a huge call to make. Rankine has so much more talent than Watson imo and has still struggled at points early doors, and he is smaller and less athletic.
I think Watson has a bit more attitude in the way he plays compared to Rankine. He does not have the absolute X factor Rankine has but in what I have seen he is a bit more workman like with the same sort of speed. He has attitude. But then I do not rate Rankine anywhere near as highly as you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After yesterday I think we are going to end up with tsatas unless wardlaw slips if his hamstring injury’s are a worry? either will be a great fit. Hobbs Perkins Martin Durham Caldwell Tsatas or Wardlaw future midfield looks good to me

Going back and watching the replay, I loved Hollands game. His high intensity running was the best out there, paired up with great physicality, he is a Geelong/Sydney style mid. I think he's top 5 for us. I'd be looking for a second first round to pair him with whoever falls to our first pick out of Sheezel/Cadman/Wardlaw/Humphrey.

Last edited:
Going back and watching the replay, I loved Hollands game. His high intensity running was the best out there, paired up with great physicality, he is a Geelong/Sydney style mid. I think he's top 5 for us. I'd be looking for a second first round to pair him with whoever falls to our first pick out of Sheezel/Cadman/Wardlaw/Humphreys.
yeah. high work rate, good two way game and he plays a tough game.

Going back and watching the replay, I loved Hollands game. His high intensity running was the best out there, paired up with great physicality, he is a Geelong/Sydney style mid. I think he's top 5 for us. I'd be looking for a second first round to pair him with whoever falls to our first pick out of Sheezel/Cadman/Wardlaw/Humphrey.
I watched the game last night too and there will be a few gems taken in that second round I think.

GC out: Bowes, 7
GC in: ESS F2

Ess out: 4, 22, F2
Ess in: 1,12

NM out: 1
NM in: 4, 19, 22

GWS out: 12 (Rich), 19 (Rich)
GWS in: 7

Essendon take Cadman and next best at 12. NM get more picks while still holding an early pick. GC clear Bowes contract and get future points. GWS improve position as will have many picks after trade with Richmond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back