Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2024 - What do we do, we don't have a top 10 pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

"Potentially" is the magic word at the moment though isn't it. What do we actually know about the quality of next year's draft?
Some know a nothing. Some know a bit. I know a bit more. Some know a bit more than that. Clubs know as much as anyone. It is two first round picks. This years draft is also just "potential" . There have been a few so called "super" drafts that turned out to be just good drafts. You build a solid list by maximising top 40 picks over 3 or 4 years.

Some know a nothing. Some know a bit. I know a bit more. Some know a bit more than that. Clubs know as much as anyone. It is two first round picks. This years draft is also just "potential" . There have been a few so called "super" drafts that turned out to be just good drafts. You build a solid list by maximising top 40 picks over 3 or 4 years.

If we're actually in the know about next year's draft quality, then I have no issue.

If we're actually in the know about next year's draft quality, then I have no issue.
You did not actually say "if" ?
We may have been behind in some recruiting areas recently and made some average picks but like all clubs we will 100% have a list of players coming out of the under 16 Champs at a bare minimum and those guys will be followed through as they come along and know everything there is to know about them. The good ones / round one prospects play bottom age Under 18 anyway so you see them a year in advance anyway.
Even the top end draft media go to the under 16 Champs.

Matt Rosa interview.

• trade up been considered but unlikely
  • trade into the future or slide back a possibility but would need to be very good offers
  • will look to take 3-4 players in this draft

Kako played forward all game in this one and turned in a strong performance. He pushed up to the wings at times to offer an outlet for transition ball movement, but it was his possessions around the 50m arc that were especially dangerous leading to multiple direct score assists.

Kako played forward all game in this one and turned in a strong performance. He pushed up to the wings at times to offer an outlet for transition ball movement, but it was his possessions around the 50m arc that were especially dangerous leading to multiple direct score assists.

Reminds me a bit of Miers for the Cats. Not super quick but smart with ball.

Don't follow much of the Draft stuff, just wait til it happens. But just saw a clip of Malakai Champion and he is exactly the player we need in our forward line.

Suspect he gets picked up early?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't follow much of the Draft stuff, just wait til it happens. But just saw a clip of Malakai Champion and he is exactly the player we need in our forward line.

Suspect he gets picked up early?
He is not really in anyone's top 30 discussions. Is Eagles NGA so they will probably match when he comes up. Has X factor and speed but like a lot of small forwards he is very lightly framed and will most likely take at least 2 seasons to get physically ready.

He is not really in anyone's top 30 discussions. Is Eagles NGA so they will probably match when he comes up. Has X factor and speed but like a lot of small forwards he is very lightly framed and will most likely take at least 2 seasons to get physically ready.
Cheers, so really another Davey?

Highlights packages are sometimes too small a sample.

Hopefully we get good preseasons into the Davey boys, if we keep both.

Potential Liam Ryan replacement?

Cheers, so really another Davey?

Highlights packages are sometimes too small a sample.

Hopefully we get good preseasons into the Davey boys, if we keep both.
Like Jayden as far as X factor and speed but has played more footy including National Champs and some senior WAFL games. He has plenty to work with.

Well I really am not going to get bogged down again over the semantics of it. Decent to me means good.
I think your clutchinf at straws with Rosa having a significant impact in 2 years at a WAFL club

Peels success has aligned with the fremantle alignment and them having a strong/healthy deep list. They always perform better in finals when they get their AFL listed players

I think your clutchinf at straws with Rosa having a significant impact in 2 years at a WAFL club

Peels success has aligned with the fremantle alignment and them having a strong/healthy deep list. They always perform better in finals when they get their AFL listed players
Actually it was not me but anyway. I just posted the link between Rosa and Allen. I never said anything else other than he was at Peel as GM of football and they had a decent system. Never said he built it. Just said he was there. Not that it changes his credentials. Even if he did not build it he was there overseeing it and it was working.

He is a Peel Thunder junior and Rosa was the GM of football operations at Peel so he would have known about Allen in the junior pathways.

You still have to do something with it. Plenty have failed with decent set ups.
This is what I said. Nothing at all about significant impact.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2024 - What do we do, we don't have a top 10 pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back