Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2024 - What do we do, we don't have a top 10 pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

We should have kept pick 9 and found the points for Kako elsewhere.
It's touted as possibly the best draft since 2001 and we gave away pick 9.

There's a very good chance 1 - Kako slips past pick 9, or 2 - we would have got either as much or more on draft night live trading that pick with another club.

There would have been several clubs trying to get it. I'm sure we could have had one or two deals ready in waiting.
Bring back Dodoro.

Last edited:

There's a very good chance 1 - Kako slips past pick 9, or 2 - we would have got either as much or more on draft night live trading that pick with another club.

There would have been several clubs trying to get it.
Bring back Dodoro.
People keep saying this every year...

From a Quick Look.

F1 + p27 and if the bid doesn’t come before 7 we would be able to promise you that we won’t bid which saves you roughly another 250 points minimum (third round pick equivalent) as that takes you to Richmond at 10 which we can’t control.

And I’d argue there isn’t a bluff to be called here with us.

SOS has prior. Did it to Freo and Liam Henry at p9 (Twomey had him at 18 on his mock) and with todays news that we really rate him and it looking like one of the Gun mids falls to us at 7/8 then I can’t see how this isn’t done.

Well look at that...Silly Saints missing out on 3 top 10 picks, melts are glorious.

Back in your hole Stavros!

There would have been several clubs trying to get it. I'm sure we could have had one or two deals ready in waiting.
Bring back Dodoro.
Don't you think that the club would have at least some idea that an early Kako bid was a real possibility?

Draft night trading is fraught with danger. Another club could easily rug us and we'd have no leverage in the situation. This was a good move IMO, despite there indeed being a lot of talent on the table at our pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2024 - What do we do, we don't have a top 10 pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back