Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2024 - What do we do, we don't have a top 10 pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Pointless - As in Pointless to keep for this year. They need to be moved

As you have said the bids on Ashcroft and Lombard means our picks move in a fair bit aswell, giving us even more points

Its probably mot quite the 10 place movement but more so 6-8

So yeh if we do nothing we still have say pick 40

No doubt some very reasonable options at that range as you know i dont just think the middle to back end first keeps running, but the entire draft is said to be deep for a reason

Depending on what we csn get for them, id imagine at the very least an F2 for either atleast. Is rather do that and then juat get the automated pick selections at 65 then consider moving bsck into the 40s with future picks if we like something
Depends on what they like at the back end of the draft I guess. To round out a number to move up and say 8 then 40 is 32 and 46 is 38. We got Roberts at 54 last year. Personally I could go with trading them out for future picks if need be and maybe trying to jump back in but I am also happy to take a little sip of medicine and end up with Kako / pick 32 / pick 38 / pick 46 and trade Stringer for a F3. Personally I would want us to trade back in at some stage as I would rather not have Kako and a back end pick and rookie picks.

Depends on what they like at the back end of the draft I guess. To round out a number to move up and say 8 then 40 is 32 and 46 is 38. We got Roberts at 54 last year. Personally I could go with trading them out for future picks if need be and maybe trying to jump back in but I am also happy to take a little sip of medicine and end up with Kako / pick 32 / pick 38 / pick 46 and trade Stringer for a F3. Personally I would want us to trade back in at some stage as I would rather not have Kako and a back end pick and rookie picks.
I think where were predicting the bid, pick 40 will be gone

Are you okay with Kako/40/48 and like pick 55 (after bids ?)

Id be looking to get back in no doubt with the 28,31 sortve range thats been off loaded for F2s

Teams are giving up F1 and F2 for 14 so id imagine for 28nwe can get something pretty decent

I think where were predicting the bid, pick 40 will be gone

Are you okay with Kako/40/48 and like pick 55 (after bids ?)

Id be looking to get back in no doubt with the 28,31 sortve range thats been off loaded for F2s

Teams are giving up F1 and F2 for 14 so id imagine for 28nwe can get something pretty decent

No it wont. Worst case melbourne still bid. With the discount 28 and 31 cover it.

I’m trying to pin point a player that kako reminds me of.

This is completely ridiculous but I see a little Gary Ablett junior in him. The way those tree trunk legs can pump through congestion.

Anyone else got any comps?

from my observations watching Kako:
Goalkicking style - Orazio Fantasia
Field kicking (particularly deft outside foot) - Mark Mercuri
Ground level below the knees skills (super clean) - Gavin Wanganeen

This is completely ridiculous but I see a little Gary Ablett junior in him. The way those tree trunk legs can pump through congestion.

The way he attacks the contest. Walla with a fraction less speed and not as good kicking skills.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hes contracted

Im not letting a contracted harley reid go
I'm not so sure.

If Harley requests to leave and we come with a good enough trade they might take it.

He comes out of contract in 2026, isn't that the first year Tassie start to compromise the draft? West Coast might rationalise it that they can either get a very decent offering of picks in an uncompromised draft or they lose a lot of their control of he's out if contract and the picks in 2026 surely won't have the same value as 2025.

Sort of like a quicker, better marking Buddy Franklin.

Not sure how things play out from here - as it stands right now we have;-

38 senior listed players (44 max size) with calls still to be made on out of contract J.Davey, Weid & Setterfield which could open up another 3 spots

We currently have 6 draft picks - 28, 31, 40, 46, 54, 65 (2 - 4 of these picks will disappear on Kako bid)

The only players there is any interest in are Stringer, Shiel & Lav - a Stringer deal is likely, but Shiel and/or Lav are longshots now

38 senior listed players (44 max size) with calls still to be made on out of contract J.Davey, Weid & Setterfield which could open up another 3 spots

We currently have 6 draft picks - 28, 31, 40, 46, 54, 65 (2 - 4 of these picks will disappear on Kako bid)

The only players there is any interest in are Stringer, Shiel & Lav - a Stringer deal is likely, but Shiel and/or Lav are longshots now
Will only be 3 on Kako max . Doubt the bid could Mrs top 4.

44 includes 2x Cat B rookies.

We're currently at 34 and 3 or 35 and 2 (Senior/Cat A. Rules around Menzie as a MSD are stupid and murky and another reason the rookie list shouldn't exist).

To retain these picks heading into the draft we need to be at 32. And no, they don't disappear on the Kako bid, they move back to the end of the draft so we can get to the minimum yield of 36 senior listed players

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2024 - What do we do, we don't have a top 10 pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back