Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2024 - What do we do, we don't have a top 10 pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

I've asked their board and they'd be against it. They're saying they'd be more happy with trading a pick in the 20's for a F1 + F3.
Tend to agree that Tigers are going to ask for a high price for 11.

Given our F1 will likely be early I think it's a bit much for pick 20 though so would like maybe a F2 swap with the tigers to go along with it. If we trade 28 for North's F2 we can probably bundle 2 early F2s to get into the first next year

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...s/news-story/213f9ed317df2e709aefe845f6bc73f2

WHY THE BOMBERS COULD LOOK LIKE HAWTHORN IN 2025
Essendon draft target Isaac Kako says he wants to bring a bit of arch rival Hawthorn to Tullamarine, declaring that AFL players need to show “more personality”.

The best small forward in this year’s draft pool, Kako is destined for the Bombers after the club completed a pick swap with Melbourne during the trade period on Tuesday.

Essendon handed over pick 9 to the Dees, but still has sufficient points to match a bid on Next Generation Academy member Kako, which could come inside the top 10 on draft night.
A 176cm livewire, Kako models his game on the likes of Izak Rankine, Shai Bolton and Kozzy Pickett as a goalkicking forward who can also provide an occasional spark through the midfield.

However, he also kept a close eye on the Hawthorn forwards this year as a player who enjoys a goal celebration himself.
“I love watching them play and their forward line’s doing something pretty special,” Kako said of the Hawks.

“We definitely need a bit more personality, I feel. You look at the other sports like the NBA and the NFL and they’re always getting around each other with their celebrations. It’s good to see what Hawthorn is doing and hopefully we can implement a bit more of it.
“When your opponent’s giving you a bit of grief then you’ve got to give it back to them when you kick a goal.

Essendon NGA prospect Isaac Kako wants to bring more energy to the AFL, much like the Hawthorn forwards did this year. Picture: Getty Images

Essendon NGA prospect Isaac Kako wants to bring more energy to the AFL, much like the Hawthorn forwards did this year. Picture: Getty Images

Hopefully I’ll get a few more celebrations under my belt and get a signature one going.”
Kako booted 12 goals in one game for Pascoe Vale’s under-16s in the Essendon District Football League in 2022 and regularly hit the scoreboard throughout this year.

He booted eight majors across four games for Vic Metro during the under-18 national championships, along with averaging 18.7 disposals, 7.7 score involvements and 1.7 goals in 12 games for the Calder Cannons in the Coates Talent League.
The 18-year-old’s season was ended early after he suffered a syndesmosis injury which required surgery in August, but Kako expects to be fully fit to attack an AFL pre-season.
“Everything’s on track,” he said earlier this month.

“It’s the game we play. You’re always going to get all these little niggles and injuries.”
Kako grew up an Essendon supporter, with Leroy Jetta being his favourite player.

He has been part of the Bombers’ Academy since age 12 and spent two weeks training at Tullamarine last summer.
“It would be nice to end up anywhere. AFL football is AFL football,” Kako said.

“But I’ve had a soft spot for them (the Bombers) my whole life so it would be special to end up there.”

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...s/news-story/213f9ed317df2e709aefe845f6bc73f2

WHY THE BOMBERS COULD LOOK LIKE HAWTHORN IN 2025
Essendon draft target Isaac Kako says he wants to bring a bit of arch rival Hawthorn to Tullamarine, declaring that AFL players need to show “more personality”.

The best small forward in this year’s draft pool, Kako is destined for the Bombers after the club completed a pick swap with Melbourne during the trade period on Tuesday.

Essendon handed over pick 9 to the Dees, but still has sufficient points to match a bid on Next Generation Academy member Kako, which could come inside the top 10 on draft night.
A 176cm livewire, Kako models his game on the likes of Izak Rankine, Shai Bolton and Kozzy Pickett as a goalkicking forward who can also provide an occasional spark through the midfield.

However, he also kept a close eye on the Hawthorn forwards this year as a player who enjoys a goal celebration himself.
“I love watching them play and their forward line’s doing something pretty special,” Kako said of the Hawks.

“We definitely need a bit more personality, I feel. You look at the other sports like the NBA and the NFL and they’re always getting around each other with their celebrations. It’s good to see what Hawthorn is doing and hopefully we can implement a bit more of it.
“When your opponent’s giving you a bit of grief then you’ve got to give it back to them when you kick a goal.

Hopefully I’ll get a few more celebrations under my belt and get a signature one going.”
Kako booted 12 goals in one game for Pascoe Vale’s under-16s in the Essendon District Football League in 2022 and regularly hit the scoreboard throughout this year.

He booted eight majors across four games for Vic Metro during the under-18 national championships, along with averaging 18.7 disposals, 7.7 score involvements and 1.7 goals in 12 games for the Calder Cannons in the Coates Talent League.
The 18-year-old’s season was ended early after he suffered a syndesmosis injury which required surgery in August, but Kako expects to be fully fit to attack an AFL pre-season.
“Everything’s on track,” he said earlier this month.

“It’s the game we play. You’re always going to get all these little niggles and injuries.”
Kako grew up an Essendon supporter, with Leroy Jetta being his favourite player.

He has been part of the Bombers’ Academy since age 12 and spent two weeks training at Tullamarine last summer.
“It would be nice to end up anywhere. AFL football is AFL football,” Kako said.

“But I’ve had a soft spot for them (the Bombers) my whole life so it would be special to end up there.”
GREW UP AN ESSENDON SUPPORTER

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2024 - What do we do, we don't have a top 10 pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back