Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2024 - What do we do, we don't have a top 10 pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Roos was amazing - saw him dominate for Fitzroy at the WACA one night when WCE were virtually a state of origin team. Under severe heat most of the night, didn't fumble, good decision maker and just kept clunking them and repelling attacks.

Not sure how SOS would have been viewed had the umps actually applied the rules properly. No doubt a very good player and even put up some exceptional match winning performances up forward but got away with ridiculous stuff he shouldn't have.

I think the incredible natural power unique to Dunstall, Lockett and Ablett they could still play FF. Like when Dangerfield would get thrown full forward forward it was a nightmare matchup. Too quick for KPPs and too strong for flankers to deal with. The increased congestion would be harder for them but would still be guns there.
If Roos played for a big club in the 80s he’d be far more revered. An out-and-out superstar of the game. I always rate players who redefine the way a position is played. As an attacking, tall, HB with run and carry and pinpoint delivery he was revolutionary at the Swans. It’s even more remarkable when you consider that he was a true key position player for over half of his career (back and forward as required) before that.

How likely do you think we are going to draft in Pruess?
I cant really answer that without knowing Preuss's full medical and the clubs direction to a timeslot of challenge

All i know is he plays and trains with physical presence which we dont have. Hes in prime age for a ruck, he has proven to be at the level, we have 3 rucks all OOC in 12 months time. I wouldnt want to be in a position where i need to drastically over pay to try and entice a ruck our way and also whether its the right one or not is a whole other question before we even consider they want to come

Alot depends on behind the scene chats and likelihood of a ruck coming here in 12 months and also the likelihood of Draper wanting out in 12 months, the club would have some sense

There is a world where Draper is leaving and Bryan hasnt commited yet and is waiting to see what the club is doing unless we fork out big coin for him

A mature ruck gives us extra flexability and options and doesnt potentially put us down a one way road

I certainly wouldnt be surprised if we recruited a mature ruck

Even if we lose 2 rucks, we need to add 2 rucks... not just 1 (Preuss would likely become the free R3 on our list/or has got his body right and offering more)

Last edited:
I cant really answer that without knowing Preuss's full medical and the clubs direction to a timeslot of challenge

All i know is he plays and trains with physical presence which we dont have. Hes in prime age for a ruck, he has proven to be at the level, we have 3 rucks all OOC in 12 months time. I wouldnt want to be in a position where i need to drastically over pay to try and entice a ruck our way and also whether its the right one or not is a whole other question before we even consider they want to come

Alot depends on behind the scene chats and likelihood of a ruck coming here in 12 months and also the likelihood of Draper wanting out in 12 months, the club would have some sense

There is a world where Draper is leaving and Bryan hasnt commited yet and is waiting to see what the club is doing unless we fork out big coin for him

A mature ruck gives us extra flexability and options and doesnt potentially put us down a one way road

I certainly wouldnt be surprised if we recruited a mature ruck

Even if we lose 2 rucks, we need to add 2 rucks... not just 1 (Preuss would likely become the free R3 on our list/or has got his body right and offering more)
Dear God, we are not going to have 4 rucks (6 if you want to count Wright and Cox) on our list this year for something that is a slight chance of happening in the future. You of all people should get this. If we fill up our list spot with Preuss we won't have room for all the other shit cans that you've suggested.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2024 - What do we do, we don't have a top 10 pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back