Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2024 - What do we do, we have a top 10 pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Smillie or Xavier Lindsay
Kako
Shanahan

Would be my dream draft. Nguyen as a Cat B.
Lindsay is not the sort of player we need.
Undersized. No real defensive side of his game.
Has not shown forward craft.
How many times have you watched him live out of interest?
A tip for you.
Watch Aliix Tauru.
He could end up in the bombers range and would be an intriguing pairing with Nate Caddy inside 50.

I definitely don’t agree with this, have seen him best a gut defensively multiple times. Pretty sure he did his PCL last week while doing a chase down tackle aswell
I will respectfully disagree.
I am not questioning effort. I don’t think he is a terrific runner and struggles to run defensively.
I value your assessment of players. Watch him and notice how much footy he wins centre and forward of centre.

Random player I like the look of:

Xavier Kardachi, strong frame, can find the footy on the ground or in the air, big tackler, can find the goals.

Good project player, reckon you could play him mid, half back, half forward.

Western Jets product, Paul Curtis vibes.

Less money than saints final offer was . Still think it’ll end up being band 1 compo
You think they are brining him in on 750k plus?
I think it will be end of round 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The more I see of this draft the more I want us to find a way to be aggressive trade up and get Langford.

Think we’d have to get above the saints for sure. Honestly Might have to make North a ridiculous offer. I think it would be worth it. As West Coast should have him in their sights. Gibney/Langford/Reid would be quite the onball trio going forward.

Just your prototypical modern midfielder. Good size, good decision making, good kick. Could play HB year 1 and make an immediate impact.

ydc55 eDPS

what game are you guys tuning into this weekend? Looks a weird weekend but think a few mid table teams are starting to get private kids back

Calder (2nd) take on Oakleigh (13th) who have some returning kids I believe

Eastern (8th) take on Northern Knights (9th)

Sandringham (4th) are another getting an influx of school kids back, take on 10th placed Jets

Gipps Power 65th) take on Bushrangers (7th)

Devils (5h) take on Rebels (12th)

3rd placed Stingrays take on 12th placed Pioneers

ydc55 eDPS

what game are you guys tuning into this weekend? Looks a weird weekend but think a few mid table teams are starting to get private kids back

Calder (2nd) take on Oakleigh (13th) who have some returning kids I believe

Eastern (8th) take on Northern Knights (9th)

Sandringham (4th) are another getting an influx of school kids back, take on 10th placed Jets

Gipps Power 65th) take on Bushrangers (7th)

Devils (5h) take on Rebels (12th)

3rd placed Stingrays take on 12th placed Pioneers
I can only make the two games at Bundoora on Sunday

The more I see of this draft the more I want us to find a way to be aggressive trade up and get Langford.

Think we’d have to get above the saints for sure. Honestly Might have to make North a ridiculous offer. I think it would be worth it. As West Coast should have him in their sights. Gibney/Langford/Reid would be quite the onball trio going forward.

Just your prototypical modern midfielder. Good size, good decision making, good kick. Could play HB year 1 and make an immediate impact.
Same. I keep leaning to Langford, then Lindsey, then Berry (if we don't get Rosas)

Not going to lie, we're bloody lucky to be getting Kako (2024) and El-Achkar (2025) in consecutive years. El-Achkar has so much Shai Bolton about him. Dynamic in tight, explosive out of a stoppage and skills look neat for a magical and creative player. Does worry me that he cheats the team by running forward every chance exposing himself on the counter but geez, what he does offensively is bloody good

eyes away from the screen for 30 seconds, kicks a goal I missed spewing

Not going to lie, we're bloody lucky to be getting Kako (2024) and El-Achkar (2025) in consecutive years. El-Achkar has so much Shai Bolton about him. Dynamic in tight, explosive out of a stoppage and skills look neat for a magical and creative player. Does worry me that he cheats the team by running forward every chance exposing himself on the counter but geez, what he does offensively is bloody good

eyes away from the screen for 30 seconds, kicks a goal I missed spewing
What’s El-Achkars draft range?

What’s El-Achkars draft range?
underage (eligible 2025) but I think he projects to be top 20 imho.

Had 21 and 5 goals last week, 17 goals from 13 games averaging 15.2 is very good for an underager imho

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2024 - What do we do, we have a top 10 pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back