Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2024 - What do we do, we have a top 10 pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Cal Twomey has Kako (15), Lindsay (16) and Berry (17). Could our 8 and 28 + Parish + Stringer + Laverde get the deal done?
If only we hadn't upset dodo

I'm not sure in Armstrongs kicking style, it's very high, it looks like a style that fall apart under AFL pressure and will need some work

Saw that video of one of the Whitlock twins taking a set shot, admittedly it was in very high winds but his kicking action looked pretty dreadful as well. Very loose and limbs going everywhere

Saw that video of one of the Whitlock twins taking a set shot, admittedly it was in very high winds but his kicking action looked pretty dreadful as well. Very loose and limbs going everywhere

Probably comes with the terrain of your 200cm types, I guess most of the best or most accurate full forwards in history were probably in the 180s so they had mid type skills. Now they are all ruckman sized with skills that match. Salmon probably the first of them and he was hardly trustworthy, although madden was but he was a freak player

It was mentioned on Zero Hanger that the Eagles pick 3 could be on the table. Would we consider pick 8 + F1 for picks 3 + 23? Maybe we add an F3 to get it over the line. Gives us a potential gun at 3 and we’d have 2 x 2nds to cover Kako.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was mentioned on Zero Hanger that the Eagles pick 3 could be on the table. Would we consider pick 8 + F1 for picks 3 + 23? Maybe we add an F3 to get it over the line. Gives us a potential gun at 3 and we’d have 2 x 2nds to cover Kako.
Where was zero hangar stealing the content from?

Jayden Nguyen shredded for the Cannons today in a loss to Sandy. I don’t think you’ll be getting him as a rookie pick but you’ll gladly snap him up with a bid in the 3rd round onwards anyway as he’s a gun.

Haven’t seen a whole heap of discussion on him on here but you guys should be almost as excited about him as Kako. Built for the modern game with his lightning speed and agility/evasiveness.

I can see Lual & Nguyen providing plenty off half back for the Bombers in a few years👍

So we’re trading a F1 to move up 8 spots at the top of the draft (in a deep draft) and to get points that will be absorbed by a bid match that we could just as easily get by trading pick 28 down a few times. (Or just get taxed on it if we can’t get enough points)

Seems like throwing away a top pick for little gain.

So we’re trading a F1 to move up 8 spots at the top of the draft (in a deep draft) and to get points that will be absorbed by a bid match that we could just as easily get by trading pick 28 down a few times. (Or just get taxed on it if we can’t get enough points)

Seems like throwing away a top pick for little gain.
You may prove to be right but I'm just concerned we might lose our first matching a bid on Kako. There are a couple of teams that may end up with multiple picks before our first. Also, we don't have the points to match a Kako bid at present.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2024 - What do we do, we have a top 10 pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back