Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2024 - What do we do, we have a top 10 pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, starts at your first pick and eats them up in order until sufficient points are accumulated.

So assume any decent picks from 28 onwards would be consumed and you'd be left with some in the 50s or 60s.

Be interesting to see if what they have in store with Lav and Stringer going for later picks maybe Rosa will try and push another pick in front of the Kako bid

Problem with Will is he is even less reliable with the footy than Laverde. His defense is good. Disposal under pressure not so much.
He's also a bit slow for the top level

Be interesting to see if what they have in store with Lav and Stringer going for later picks maybe Rosa will try and push another pick in front of the Kako bid

Could get tied in to a multi-club trade like someone suggest with Stringer > Rosa > Noble all moving clubs, or involve future pick(s).

I wouldn't think we'd be trading in a bunch of 2nd rounders given at a guess matching Kako around pick 12 would eat up 2 - 3 picks in the 2nd round range.

Could get tied in to a multi-club trade like someone suggest with Stringer > Rosa > Noble all moving clubs, or involve future pick(s).

I wouldn't think we'd be trading in a bunch of 2nd rounders given at a guess matching Kako around pick 12 would eat up 2 - 3 picks in the 2nd round range.

Could do sounds like the smart move honestly Rosa would fill a need thats for sure

Is Kako more a Willie Rioli or Nick Watson type?

eth-dog, your my magic numbers man; the discount (of 10%) still applies on a Kako bid?

Using Lore's magic nominal draft order

Trying to work out where our next pick would work out for a bid matched by anyone following our first selection

Ie; Fremantle (Pick 9) =1,469 total or the discounted draft value for us (?) = 1,175

That would then be 1,175 minus the value of our next selection (pick 28 currently = 677 OR the discounted amount of 480?)

leaving us with potentially pick 36(ish) if Fremantle were to bid straight after us for example

eth-dog, your my magic numbers man; the discount (of 10%) still applies on a Kako bid?

Using Lore's magic nominal draft order

Trying to work out where our next pick would work out for a bid matched by anyone following our first selection

Ie; Fremantle (Pick 9) =1,469 total or the discounted draft value for us (?) = 1,175

That would then be 1,175 minus the value of our next selection (pick 28 currently = 677 OR the discounted amount of 480?)

leaving us with potentially pick 36(ish) if Fremantle were to bid straight after us for example

If a bid comes that early for Kako then our 28 gets eaten up and if we don't have any other picks in the top 70 we will go into deficit for next year I believe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If a bid comes that early for Kako then our 28 gets eaten up and if we don't have any other picks in the top 70 we will go into deficit for next year I believe.
so, its almost a given were going to try and move something so we dont go into deficit next year. Good

so, its almost a given were going to try and move something so we dont go into deficit next year. Good

Yep. I would think Stringer, Laverde, Shiel and (unlikely but maybe) Setterfield net us enough points to match.

Remember that as our pick moves backward the points become less as well.

So let's say we end up getting a bid with Freos pick 12 (after our 11 after Battle compo, Lombard and Ashcroft bid).

So that would be 1141 after the discount.

Out pick 28 would now be 31 so we use that which is 606 leaving us 535 left to pay (pick 34)

If we have list spots then we do get picks at the back end of the draft to fill them if we want.

Smart thing for Essendon is to trade back from pick 28 (say 34) and pick up the points that way. Should hopefully be able to get Kako for that pick only with the right trades

The smarter play is to use it to get up the field next year. 28 will be a very desirable pick in this draft. Use it and a future second to get in the late first round of next year (Sydney, Geelong, Port, Brisbane, GWS). Trade out Laverde and Stringer and get some third rounders to balance the books on Kako.

The smarter play is to use it to get up the field next year. 28 will be a very desirable pick in this draft. Use it and a future second to get in the late first round of next year (Sydney, Geelong, Port, Brisbane, GWS). Trade out Laverde and Stringer and get some third rounders to balance the books on Kako.

If a teams dumb enough to do that sure. I’d just be shocked if that deal was availiable

If a teams dumb enough to do that sure. I’d just be shocked if that deal was availiable

People seem to really rate this draft. Especially a lot of KPF options available around then. We likely finish bottom 4 next year. Our future pick is 22 odd. Say a Geelong do it, get 28 and 22 for pick 16. It's not bad at all.

People seem to really rate this draft. Especially a lot of KPF options available around then. We likely finish bottom 4 next year. Our future pick is 22 odd. Say a Geelong do it, get 28 and 22 for pick 16. It's not bad at all.
Problem is we are always likely to finish bottom 4 but generally manage to finish 8 to 13 or so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2024 - What do we do, we have a top 10 pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back