Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2024 - What do we do, we have a top 10 pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Luck has actually started turning a bit for us with our draft positions

Caddy last year albeit had to use a 2nd to guarantee it

This years pick guarantees us a

Jagga
Langford
Draper
FOS
Smilie
Armstrong
Lalor
M.Reid

And i dont think it drops drastically after that with guys like Allen, Trainor, Travaglia, Hotton types

Although i thought we were lucky to have Hobbs fall in our lap

jonty faull was very good on Sunday.
Not a super athlete but he does compete well.
Interesting if the bombers are considering Armstrong, tauru, faull and shanahan and where they rank them.
Luke Kennedy, Jack ough and Ollie hannaford were probably the others who did their draft chances some good.

Luck has actually started turning a bit for us with our draft positions

Caddy last year albeit had to use a 2nd to guarantee it

This years pick guarantees us a

Jagga
Langford
Draper
FOS
Smilie
Armstrong
Lalor
M.Reid

And i dont think it drops drastically after that with guys like Allen, Trainor, Travaglia, Hotton types

Although i thought we were lucky to have Hobbs fall in our lap
And we’re getting Kako, who at least fills one need

jonty faull was very good on Sunday.
Not a super athlete but he does compete well.
Interesting if the bombers are considering Armstrong, tauru, faull and shanahan and where they rank them.
Luke Kennedy, Jack ough and Ollie hannaford were probably the others who did their draft chances some good.
I would hope that with one of our two picks inside 40 we are at least one key forward with the dearth of options likely available

He is a guy we would usually go for. A very Dodo pick. Adrian not here now so really have no idea who wed go for but certainly fills a need
Nah this is a good draft, Dodoro would trade out of it.

Jayden is our boy (Essendon NGA)

Cooper Hynes and Sam Lalon are the ones I want more than anyone. ditto Sam Davidson

a lot of fingers in lots of pies
Just pick one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just pick one.
no,

could be very feasible we end up with all.

Sam Lalon pick 8
Isaac Kako matched

picks (with players out) traded in to match Kako bid end up with an early second rounder

Cooper Hynes

late or Rookie Sam Davidson

Jayden Nguyễn (Cắt B rookie)

possible? yes. Likely? no

I reckon this phantom draft is a better read than Cals. It provides detail on the draftees limitations.

I reckon this phantom draft is a better read than Cals. It provides detail on the draftees limitations.
Cal works for the AFL. They can not go too far with limitations.

Interesting how different it is to Cals top 30 (people he has high like Murphy Reid area quite low in comparison).
Thanks for posting

Jaspers pretty good tbh even on the Flight Plan podcast his pretty knowledgeable would compare him to Scott from the Lunchtime catch up podcast

Though i think Cal has the plug ins for his Phantom draft which is why his usually on the money on whos taking who

If fos is going 4 we should trade up to get him, is much taller than the listed 182cm and will grow further. Can do it all and is super dynamic.

Why does everyone keep saying we need a big defensive mid year after year? We need a fwd line, the midfield is fine.

Huh? The midfield is very bad still.

Practically zero goal kickers and bar 29 year old Merrett, they have average kicking skills and poor defensive transition. I'd say minimum we need 2 high level mids that can set up play like Gulden and play forward or kick multiple goals from the midfield like Heeney and Warner.

the issue with the defensive mid is we do not rate the role. it wouldn't be necessary if we didn't run parish shiel stringer and probably tsatas through the starting group. but we essentially have to play at least one player to compensate for that total lack of defensive running/ability.

i guess the only good news is they can be fairly cheap to find. the bad news is we're glued to players who can't give 2-way workrate.

i'd just take Smilie if available as he has attributes you usually get only top 5. then just find runners and aggressive players with kicking skills.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2024 - What do we do, we have a top 10 pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back