Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2024 - What do we do, we have a top 10 pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Francis issue was his competitiveness. Heaps of talent but not competitive enough to make it
Really . Not exactly what was being discussed. Was more the marking.
Yes Francis lacked an edge for sure . Not mentally tough enough but his endurance is also poor.🙂

All aboard the travaglia train. Need to add some competitiveness to this team, someone who will give his all every week.
At the very least he fills a need at half back, at the most he can become the hardened 187+ mid we've been crying out for.

Not convinced on Lalor, he could just be a manchild dominating kids.

All aboard the travaglia train. Need to add some competitiveness to this team, someone who will give his all every week.
At the very least he fills a need at half back, at the most he can become the hardened 187+ mid we've been crying out for.

Not convinced on Lalor, he could just be a manchild dominating kids.

Would be happy with Trav or Lindsay both elite kicks and can easily play the HBF role the "Quarterback role"

Could this Tauru be so flexible, we draft him without a solid plan for him, we then try him in multiple roles because 'he's so flexible' we do this for a couple of seasons completely butchering his development in the process?
That's what I am hoping for, we're good at it.

Aaron Francis was a culmination of a few things. Mentally he had some really tough challenges to get through. And physically he had a really low aerobic base that drastically hampered his ability to play in a variety of positions.
His explosiveness though and ability to intercept mark was awesome.
He had one of the flattest trajectory kicks - 50 metre worm burners all lace out to the opposition.

He was actually superb at jumping on players' heads. Invariably his teammates. Then he would drop the mark thus leaving 3 opposition forwards unmarked so they could waltz into goal.

The best - indeed only good - part of his game was that he would either blow up or get injured early on and get subbed out.

Could this Tauru be so flexible, we draft him without a solid plan for him, we then try him in multiple roles because 'he's so flexible' we do this for a couple of seasons completely butchering his development in the process?
Started the year playing back. Finished the year forward and kicking goals. If we do not put him on the wing we will probably be okay.

Proud Of You Yes GIF

This is the way.

I still believe Francis was an amazing prospect, just came to the worst club for him. He needed discipline and all our leaders got suspended and when they returned they weren't the same.
Yeh his pre draft stuff was very good. I wanted him and Curnow to be selected. Pretty sure Francis played inside mid, floated across half back and went up forward and kicked 6 during the carnival. Had all the attributes of a star, not the will determination though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh his pre draft stuff was very good. I wanted him and Curnow to be selected. Pretty sure Francis played inside mid, floated across half back and went up forward and kicked 6 during the carnival. Had all the attributes of a star, not the will determination though.

I think sadly that he will determination is what holds alot of our players back sadly

I still believe Francis was an amazing prospect, just came to the worst club for him. He needed discipline and all our leaders got suspended and when they returned they weren't the same.
I was the same as FootyGuru. I has him and Curnow on top. Do not totally disagree with what you say but when I met his parents early on at a VFL game I worked out why he was not overly gifted in the athletic and endurance department. He was an amazing talent but even now his lack of endurance stops him from progressing further than being a KPD that is 5cm too short. I agree he got no favours landing with us at a time when we where all over the shop and he had off field issues he was dealing with.

His midfield stuff was nothing special. They used him as a big body in there. They played him like Goddard off half back a lot. That is where his intercept marking and foot skills looked good.

I think there is little chance Travaglia becomes a purely uncontested play. Too much competiveness in his game, loves to get over and support spoil. A bit of a Siciliy temperament.

He can be competitive and angry as he likes but still fundamentally be an outside player.

I look at him and look at Will Day and Hayden Young and think that he could be that kind of player if he fills out, which would probably make him the most ideal fit for us, but you’d have to back us to bulk him up.

I keep seeing fos slipping in some mock drafts. If we could trade up for him it would be huge. Think he’s the best player in this draft with the biggest upside.

I’ll back our staff though, I really liked how they saw caddy was still available and went after him by adding a second on top.

I also like travaglia too for us who should still be available without the trade

As long as we can get enough points together to match kako too.

I think all three could be playing regular senior footy next season.

I keep seeing fos slipping in some mock drafts. If we could trade up for him it would be huge. Think he’s the best player in this draft with the biggest upside.

I’ll back our staff though, I really liked how they saw caddy was still available and went after him by adding a second on top.

I also like travaglia too for us who should still be available without the trade

FOS is IMO the most interesting and hard to project player in it.

I really dislike a player that doesn't perform an obvious role like Parish or Walsh. Players who aren't going to beat the best inside mids the comp in a contest and aren't going to really hurt teams with elite kicking or movement on the outside either. I think having a lot of players with a clear delineation of role is important to build systems and players to focus on their strengths.

But, the difference between that nothing role in-between player and the next Chad Warner is pretty hard to distinguish at this stage of development.

At the risk of sounding dumb because I don't know much about him, I don't think another smaller mid works for our side especially if we're required to trade up for him. I prefer a larger powerful mid for our midfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2024 - What do we do, we have a top 10 pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back