Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2024 - What do we do, we have a top 10 pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess we'll see on the night. There'll be plenty of talent remaining at our pick so our pick will be a hot commodity for a decent trade.
Future first and picks to get Kako + A promise we won’t bid in our 3 picks. Which saves another 150ish points.

Melbournes f1 will project to be better than ours and we likely will have more picks to help you now.

Future first and picks to get Kako + A promise we won’t bid in our 3 picks. Which saves another 150ish points.

Melbournes f1 will project to be better than ours and we likely will have more picks to help you now.
I'd rather Melbourne's first because I believe St Kilda will be better. All the turmoil at Melbourne is threatening to boil over. Otherwise, we can try to trade up to West Coast's pick 3, but that will probably happen on the night if West Coast accepts.

I'd rather Melbourne's first because I believe St Kilda will be better. All the turmoil at Melbourne is threatening to boil over. Otherwise, we can try to trade up to West Coast's pick 3, but that will probably happen on the night if West Coast accepts.
With respect.

Melbourne are trying to get 11 and 5 is a huge pick in this draft.

Not really realistic.

Why would Westcoast go from 3 to 9 for a pick next year?

That’s not a lot of value for them.

My proposal gives you Kako this year and 2 firsts next year.

That’s 3 first round talents in 2 years as opposed to 2 and it gives you the chance to trade back in post Kako bid.

With respect.

Not really realistic.

That’s 3 first round talents in 2 years as opposed to 2 and it gives you the chance to trade back in post Kako bid.
Yes but this is the Essendon draft board where everyone wants their cake and be able to eat it this year. :p

With respect.

Not really realistic.

With respect.

I don't care what you think is realistic. :)

I know and I’m being respectful.

Just doesn’t make any sense thinking you’ll go prior the Kako bid.
I am an Essendon supporter and a lot of the stuff in here makes little sense to me but I also do not really look at it from the angle of more is just better. :)
Personally i think Kako and two first next year is a decent result.
I would even take no Kako and use 9 and 29 if the pick trades become too complicated but I suspect a trade for pick 9 can easily be done that favors us a fraction.
Like you can not see us trading up at all. No one wants that and North and WC would only do it for two top 10 picks this year in my view.
Finally who knows this year. First time in ages where there is no real order taking shape and clubs are talking to a lot of players.
It is certainly going to come down to hold your nerve or risk and reward for us. Hold your nerve and have a back up plan to trade out on the night to someone who wants in at 9 if the bid comes or just bite the bullet and decide Kako is the guy you want and grab a F1 now and some later points.
We can more than likely sit and hold and if a bid comes get the F1 although it may not be as good as one we can get trading pre draft.
Thing is Essendon supporters will blow up because we want pick 9 and Kako and do not give a **** about clubs who have missed out in the last few years :)

Id imagine the saints would try hold us hostage with a deal like this come draft night aswell and it may not even be as favourable as this

I reckon we only need to have about 950 points banked

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess we'll see on the night. There'll be plenty of talent remaining at our pick so our pick will be a hot commodity for a decent trade.
100% this 👆
The scum are offering GCS F1 and F2 for pick 13 (blows out to P16)…imagine what sides will be offering on trade night. Everyone will be trying to call Rosa if there is an early bid on Kako.
If the Saints try and blackmail us like the swans did to GWS a couple of years back you just go all Al Pacino on them

Al Pacino Money GIF

Id imagine the saints would try hold us hostage with a deal like this come draft night aswell and it may not even be as favourable as this

I reckon we only need to have about 950 points banked
From a Quick Look.

F1 + p27 and if the bid doesn’t come before 7 we would be able to promise you that we won’t bid which saves you roughly another 250 points minimum (third round pick equivalent) as that takes you to Richmond at 10 which we can’t control.

And I’d argue there isn’t a bluff to be called here with us.

SOS has prior. Did it to Freo and Liam Henry at p9 (Twomey had him at 18 on his mock) and with todays news that we really rate him and it looking like one of the Gun mids falls to us at 7/8 then I can’t see how this isn’t done.

I am an Essendon supporter and a lot of the stuff in here makes little sense to me but I also do not really look at it from the angle of more is just better. :)
Personally i think Kako and two first next year is a decent result.
I would even take no Kako and use 9 and 29 if the pick trades become too complicated but I suspect a trade for pick 9 can easily be done that favors us a fraction.
Like you can not see us trading up at all. No one wants that and North and WC would only do it for two top 10 picks this year in my view.
Finally who knows this year. First time in ages where there is no real order taking shape and clubs are talking to a lot of players.
It is certainly going to come down to hold your nerve or risk and reward for us. Hold your nerve and have a back up plan to trade out on the night to someone who wants in at 9 if the bid comes or just bite the bullet and decide Kako is the guy you want and grab a F1 now and some later points.
We can more than likely sit and hold and if a bid comes get the F1 although it may not be as good as one we can get trading pre draft.
Thing is Essendon supporters will blow up because we want pick 9 and Kako and do not give a **** about clubs who have missed out in the last few years :)

Cal's reported North are interested in trading 2 for a top 10 pick this year and a future first.

I wouldn't be against it, so long as there's defined target for us.

They could trade 6 and one of their plethora of picks between 10-20 and grab 2.

Landing their reported top 2 targets in Lalor & Fos (reported in the age over the weekend) at 1+2
Or they could not. There's plenty of teams we could trade with other than St Kilda. As hard as that is for you to read.

Or they could not. There's plenty of teams we could trade with other than St Kilda. As hard as that is for you to read.
100% you could.

But realistically the only club who could help you in the situation of this bid is landing the 2 GWS picks and sacrificing one for Kako.

I’m proposing giving you a second for the bid and an F1 you can trade back in post bid and saving you a third rounder equivalent in points.

It’s highly unlikely you’re going up high enough before a potential bid which seems to be you requiring a pick in the 1-4 region based on Cals info today.

Cal's reported North are interested in trading 2 for a top 10 pick this year and a future first.

I wouldn't be against it, so long as there's defined target for us.
Would trade 9 and our F1 for pick 2 in a Heartbeat.

We cannot allow ourselves to be bullied into a worse position by giving the Saints pick 9.

We need a top 10 selection this year and Kako.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2024 - What do we do, we have a top 10 pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back