Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2024 - What do we do, we have a top 10 pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Cal's reported North are interested in trading 2 for a top 10 pick this year and a future first.

I wouldn't be against it, so long as there's defined target for us.
Could work out okay.

100% you could.

But realistically the only club who could help you in the situation of this bid is landing the 2 GWS picks and sacrificing one for Kako.

I’m proposing giving you a second for the bid and an F1 you can trade back in post bid and saving you a third rounder equivalent in points.

It’s highly unlikely you’re going up high enough before a potential bid which seems to be you requiring a pick in the 1-4 region based on Cals info today.
I don't think you know what the word realistically means.

John Donohue Trade Radio - Saints working on a deal for pick 9. Discussion on going. Swap of later picks an their future first

On your podcast player under trade radio - Johnnys trade room
That's nice. :)

It still doesn't make St Kilda the only option. As difficult as that is for you to hear.

What about 9 and f1 to Melbourne for 5, F2 and 40?

Gives us a chance to trade back into the first round next year but also gives a chance for us to take a Langford, smile type
Melbourne do not want future first. They want another pick in the first round this year from all reports.

From Cals segment, trading an F1 and 9 for WCs pick 3 seems more realistic. Norf only want to slide back a few picks.

If we do the trade with WC, I’d hope they throw a few junk picks out way to help with points.

Cal's reported North are interested in trading 2 for a top 10 pick this year and a future first.

I suggested this before but it’s all pointing to a 3 way North, Essendon GWS trade

GWS get pick 2
Essendon get pick 14/15 which they trade for 2 future firsts
North get pick 10 + F1 from giants (or one of giants later compo picks)

Every team gets something they want.

Might be some late pick point squabbles but just makes too much sense.

Giants get an elite mid who can play hb year 1

Essendon get 2 F1s and match Kako to still be in this draft

North get pick 10 for the best available tall and future assets to make the trade worth it

I suggested this before but it’s all pointing to a 3 way North, Essendon GWS trade

GWS get pick 2
Essendon get pick 14/15 which they trade for 2 future firsts
North get pick 10 + F1 from giants (or one of giants later compo picks)

Every team gets something they want.

Might be some late pick point squabbles but just makes too much sense.

Giants get an elite mid who can play hb year 1

Essendon get 2 F1s and match Kako to still be in this draft

North get pick 10 for the best available tall and future assets to make the trade worth it
Hang on. Are you saying 14 + 15 for 9?

From a Quick Look.

F1 + p27 and if the bid doesn’t come before 7 we would be able to promise you that we won’t bid which saves you roughly another 250 points minimum (third round pick equivalent) as that takes you to Richmond at 10 which we can’t control.

And I’d argue there isn’t a bluff to be called here with us.

SOS has prior. Did it to Freo and Liam Henry at p9 (Twomey had him at 18 on his mock) and with todays news that we really rate him and it looking like one of the Gun mids falls to us at 7/8 then I can’t see how this isn’t done.
Id only be trading pick 9 after a bid comes

Otherwise there is no point

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah. We might have to throw in something extra and with matches for Kako, Ashcroft, and 2 others it’s probably closer to 18 and 19 for 10 which is fair value to get into tier 1
You think 3 bids will come after our pick? I dunno mate, I think you're going best case scenario.

With respect.

Melbourne are trying to get 11 and 5 is a huge pick in this draft.

Not really realistic.

Why would Westcoast go from 3 to 9 for a pick next year?

That’s not a lot of value for them.

My proposal gives you Kako this year and 2 firsts next year.

That’s 3 first round talents in 2 years as opposed to 2 and it gives you the chance to trade back in post Kako bid.
I'm not saying I want Melbourne's first this year. I said I want Melbourne's future first, which would also give us Kako this year and two firsts next year. I just think Melbourne's future first will be better than St Kilda's. We'll get an opportunity to live trade it on draft night so we can select the better deal. Melbourne also have two seconds this year.

Whatever we do, my preference is to wait until draft night. Maybe even North Melbourne or Richmond want to do a deal. We'll select the best offer.

I don’t expect any trade with pick 9 is done until draft night when that pick holds its most value
Mate. No.

Saints will offer us a deal and as they the only club we could possibly trade with we'll even throw Zac Merrett in as our way of saying thanks.

Norfs recruiting manager said they’re only interested in sliding back a few places. That rules us out.

WC are the team if we want to trade up. Will mean they likely have access to Bo Allan.

You think 3 bids will come after our pick? I dunno mate, I think you're going best case scenario.

What I think is that it’s likely the top 15 includes bids for Ashcroft, Kako, Lombard and Marshall which will push the current pick 15 to 19.

We currently have 9. 10 after Ashcroft bid.

Lombard/Kako/Marshall all look to be in the 10-15 range

What’s more important is that When it comes to this draft while teams are mostly excited about the depth rather than any standout player. There are still tiers and tier 1 is likely

Smith, FOS, Draper, Taru, Langford, Lalor, smillie, Reid, Armstrong

With Essendons pick clubs are guaranteed one of those players

Guys like travalgia, Allen, Berry ect are more seen as tier 2 players. Clubs like them and think they have a high chance at being 10 year pros which is why they want them but it’s a clear next group.

That’s why Essendons pick has a fair bit more value the gold coasts pick which teams are going mental over

What I think is that it’s likely the top 15 includes bids for Ashcroft, Kako, Lombard and Marshall which will push the current pick 15 to 19.

We currently have 9. 10 after Ashcroft bid.

Lombard/Kako/Marshall all look to be in the 10-15 range

What’s more important is that When it comes to this draft while teams are mostly excited about the depth rather than any standout player. There are still tiers and tier 1 is likely

Smith, FOS, Draper, Taru, Langford, Lalor, smillie, Reid, Armstrong

With Essendons pick clubs are guaranteed one of those players

Guys like travalgia, Allen, Berry ect are more seen as tier 2 players. Clubs like them and think they have a high chance at being 10 year pros which is why they want them but it’s a clear next group.

That’s why Essendons pick has a fair bit more value the gold coasts pick which teams are going mental over
This is why I’m not worried about st kilda kako bid, if they want him at 8 I think we end up with a better player from the tier 1 group.

Obviously it’ll take Rosa really liking a particular player from that tier, otherwise it would be wise to match kako and trade our pick to next year.

He traded a pick to move up one place because he really rated caddy, clearly isn’t afraid of outside perceptions.

This is why I’m not worried about st kilda kako bid, if they want him at 8 I think we end up with a better player from the tier 1 group.

Obviously it’ll take Rosa really liking a particular player from that tier, otherwise it would be wise to match kako and trade our pick to next year.

He traded a pick to move up one place because he really rated caddy, clearly isn’t afraid of outside perceptions.
Yes but an F1 and Kako would likely be better than whoever were taking instead if were not to match the bid

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2024 - What do we do, we have a top 10 pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back