Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2024 - What do we do, we have a top 10 pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Against trading back if Saints are going to bid Trade our Future first and Pick 9 and move ahead

This is a deep draft someone around the 1-5 mark could go number one in any other year if we want someone next year we can trade futures to get back in like Melb

Against trading back if Saints are going to bid Trade our Future first and Pick 9 and move ahead

This is a deep draft someone around the 1-5 mark could go number one in any other year if we want someone next year we can trade futures to get back in like Melb

That’s not what they are saying at all Deep means lots of good players.

Most people are saying there aren’t any stars in this draft as good as Harley Reid ect

How does Rosa have strong links with Bo Allen?
He is a Peel Thunder junior and Rosa was the GM of football operations at Peel so he would have known about Allen in the junior pathways.

That’s not what they are saying at all Deep means lots of good players.

Most people are saying there aren’t any stars in this draft as good as Harley Reid ect

I respect most of your views on here tbh this isnt a go at you or anything

We should be aiming to walk away with 2 first rounders and Jayden N and then maybe some late sliders

I respect most of your views on here tbh this isnt a go at you or anything

We should be aiming to walk away with 2 first rounders and Jayden N and then maybe some late sliders

For sure

Deep = good players up to 30 maybe more. That’s why every team is trying to get a top 30 pick.

What complicates things is Kako. Because getting FS/NGA players for cheap via bid matching is a huge advantage that’s going away. So gotta take advantage of it while we can.

So ideally we’d like to take our first get a player at 10/11 and then match Kako with meaningless points. Getting 2 first rounders for the price of 1.

Problem is other teams know this and know we lose our FRP aka free FRP if we have to match Kako before our first is used…

So right now we’re hoping that Kako slides past our pick and we get a 2nd player….

The tricky thing is what happens if a bid comes on Kako before our pick by either Melbourne or St kilda

That where most of the hand wringing is

Looking at the Saints dire forum, they're going on as if our pick 9 is already a done deal in their hands.

Do we really need Kako right now? I dont think any fwd would have done any good with the awful supply our mids were kicking to them. Hawks got their Wizard on top of an impressive looking young midfield list. Not something I think we can compare to as yet.

And trade radio seems to suggest every man and his dog are trying to get into this draft, nothing about teams wanting future pics.
Maybe if we had a stash of F1, we could cobble that together for a Harley Reid pic, maybe I could see the point.

Everyone wants us to have a pick before a Kako bid comes in. We're simply saying that if a bid comes in before our pick, we're better off live trading our pick into next year so we can still have three first round picks over this year and next year.
It's not that strong at the pointy end, it's the depth that is impressive. A lot of people have Lalor as the best, or Smith, or Hotton, or FOS. Yet if Dyson Sharp was available now, nearly all recruiters would take him.
Okay, so there's a reason I try not to involve myself in this stuff.

Why wouldn't we try to turn 9 into 15 and 16 if we match a bid for Kako, if this is such a deep draft.

Or, given we don't know the quality of next year's draft, play it safe by trading up in this draft, F1 + 9 for 2 or 3, to get ahead of the Kako bid?

Okay, so there's a reason I try not to involve myself in this stuff.

Why wouldn't we try to turn 9 into 15 and 16 if we match a bid for Kako, if this is such a deep draft.

Or, given we don't know the quality of next year's draft, play it safe by trading up in this draft, F1 + 9 for 2 or 3, to get ahead of the Kako bid?
Okay. If a bid for Kako comes in before 9 and we trade in 15 and 16 we will need to use those to match the bid. If we trade up, it also defeats the point of having three first round picks in 2 years.

Essentially, our best bet is to sit on it and wait. If a bid comes, we trade into next year. If it doesn't, we take a player and match after.

Okay. If a bid for Kako comes in before 9 and we trade in 15 and 16 we will need to use those to match the bid. If we trade up, it also defeats the point of having three first round picks in 2 years.

Essentially, our best bet is to sit on it and wait. If a bid comes, we trade into next year. If it doesn't, we take a player and match after.
Or we proactively trade up to get in front of a potential bid and take a selection this year.

But I do agree that the best call is to keep our pick for the time being as the best offers will likely come on draft night.

Or we proactively trade up to get in front of a potential bid and take a selection this year.

But I do agree that the best call is to keep our pick for the time being as the best offers will likely come on draft night.
but it might be pointless and there is a chance that our guy could be there at 9 as much as they could be there at 3

It also cost our F1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2024 - What do we do, we have a top 10 pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back