Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2024 - What do we do, we have a top 10 pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

"Potentially" is the magic word at the moment though isn't it. What do we actually know about the quality of next year's draft?
Some know a nothing. Some know a bit. I know a bit more. Some know a bit more than that. Clubs know as much as anyone. It is two first round picks. This years draft is also just "potential" . There have been a few so called "super" drafts that turned out to be just good drafts. You build a solid list by maximising top 40 picks over 3 or 4 years.

Some know a nothing. Some know a bit. I know a bit more. Some know a bit more than that. Clubs know as much as anyone. It is two first round picks. This years draft is also just "potential" . There have been a few so called "super" drafts that turned out to be just good drafts. You build a solid list by maximising top 40 picks over 3 or 4 years.

If we're actually in the know about next year's draft quality, then I have no issue.

If we're actually in the know about next year's draft quality, then I have no issue.
You did not actually say "if" ?
We may have been behind in some recruiting areas recently and made some average picks but like all clubs we will 100% have a list of players coming out of the under 16 Champs at a bare minimum and those guys will be followed through as they come along and know everything there is to know about them. The good ones / round one prospects play bottom age Under 18 anyway so you see them a year in advance anyway.
Even the top end draft media go to the under 16 Champs.

Matt Rosa interview.

• trade up been considered but unlikely
  • trade into the future or slide back a possibility but would need to be very good offers
  • will look to take 3-4 players in this draft

Kako played forward all game in this one and turned in a strong performance. He pushed up to the wings at times to offer an outlet for transition ball movement, but it was his possessions around the 50m arc that were especially dangerous leading to multiple direct score assists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2024 - What do we do, we have a top 10 pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back