Lindsay Gilbee 86
Brad Johnson 83
Dean Cox 93
Chad Fletcher 108
Ashley Hansen 51
David Wirrpunda (em) 0
Average: 92

Score 2118

Andrew Lovett replaced David Wirrpunda, thankgod!.

I was thinking about getting rid of Andrew Welsh to fit in Adam Mcphee, don't know whether its worth it or not!.

This is the change I made for the above team:

I sacrificed Ashley Hansen for Ashley Thornton who was only worth $25,800 to give me about $120,000 to spare.

I then traded off David Wirrupunda and was able to sneak in Mathew Pavlich in the backline. I was going to put N. Lappin in but Pav has shown more consistency this year in DT than Lappin. It will probably bite me in the butt though.

I then promoted A. Lovett to replace Hansen in the forward position. Leaving me with only one emergency who is playing. Dale Morris from Bulldogs :eek:

I think i made a mistake I traded Francou and Power for S Black and Goodes.
Wish i would have kept Franocou now.
At the time i thought with James and Burgoyne returning to the side Francou might struggle for minutes

IN: C.Fletcher
OUT: J.White

Chad Fletcher won't be at this price again and J.White can get very high scores but is too inconsistent, getting a score of 60-70 the next week.

Another question: Is there any problem in having Judd, Fletcher and Cousins in the same team?

And who is the most consistent as well as highest scorer out of Pavlich, Embley, Cousins, Brad Johnson, Bowden, Bell and Coughlan?

Benno_900 said:
IN: C.Fletcher
OUT: J.White

Chad Fletcher won't be at this price again and J.White can get very high scores but is too inconsistent, getting a score of 60-70 the next week.

Another question: Is there any problem in having Judd, Fletcher and Cousins in the same team?

And who is the most consistent as well as highest scorer out of Pavlich, Embley, Cousins, Brad Johnson, Bowden, Bell and Coughlan?

Brad Johnson or Embley IMO.

I have Embley and he has been awsome throughout the year often slips under the oposition radar. He is a very good mark for his size can play in the middle and also in the fwd line will usually snag a few goals a week and rack up 20 touches. Brad Johnson is just an out and out champion and is a very similar player to embley except he would get more attention from opposition. Bell this eyar whilst being able to score massive has been a bit inconsistent.

Pavlich IMO would be a good get but not in the Middle or Fwd (where i presume ur putting him). Cousins would get tagged alot. Coughlan would still be a bit inconsistant after an injury riddled last year and pre season. Bowden well I dunno about him

Joel Bowden will get around 25 touches and 8 marks per game. He gets alot of handball receives and is a link up man coming from defense.

I have Brad Johnson, he is a dead set gun.

However, Knowledge does bring up a good case for Embley. He is a really good player and doesnt get tagged and plays in the all dominant eagles midfield

Francou for S Black?

Simpson for Coughlan?

Gardiner for Fanning? (to free up some $$$)

I can make 2 of these moves this week and hopefully grab Riewoldt next week. What does everyone think are the better options?

Heres my team

FRE PAVLICH, Matthew
WBD MURPHY, Robert
ESS MCPHEE, Adam
FRE CARR, Matthew
ESS JOHNSON, Mark
BRL JOHNSON, Chris
BRL COPELAND, Robert
STK BALL, Luke
FRE CARR, Joshua
ADE RICCIUTO, Mark
WBD COONEY, Adam
WCE FLETCHER, Chad
GEE COREY, Joel
RIC COUGHLAN, Mark
GEE LING, Cameron (c)
RIC BROWN, Nathan G.
HAW HODGE, Luke
BRL POWER, Luke
GEE ABLETT, Gary
SYD GOODES, Adam
KAN WELLS, Daniel
MEL ROBERTSON, Russell

TEAM: Falconers Figs
Round 8 score: 2057
Overall Ranking: 661 of 110911
League Ranking: 1
Rounds Played: 8
Avg Score/Round: 1843.63
Team Value: $7,105,300
Change in Value: 745,700

Well, I'm happy to say that I think we may have got the problems with our databases fixed on FanFooty. Our new code is 135 times as quick in getting the live scores - i.e. the old query time was 135 times what the new query time will be.

Just as well, as we got in trouble for taking down 200 other sites with us on the weekend... :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are everyone's thoughts on keeping trades for later in the season? Being the first time I have done this comp, I picked my team and pretty quickly realised it was rubbish and have been using 2 trades pretty much every week to fix it up, generally 2 medium players out for one star and one draftee. I'm down to 8 trades left and have my next 4 lined up to fix my defence. How many should I be keeping up my sleeve for later in the season when injuries hit?

Knowledge said:
Brad Johnson or Embley IMO.

I have Embley and he has been awsome throughout the year often slips under the oposition radar. He is a very good mark for his size can play in the middle and also in the fwd line will usually snag a few goals a week and rack up 20 touches. Brad Johnson is just an out and out champion and is a very similar player to embley except he would get more attention from opposition. Bell this eyar whilst being able to score massive has been a bit inconsistent.

Pavlich IMO would be a good get but not in the Middle or Fwd (where i presume ur putting him). Cousins would get tagged alot. Coughlan would still be a bit inconsistant after an injury riddled last year and pre season. Bowden well I dunno about him

Thanks for that!

I want to trade Wells or K.Cornes (depending on $$$) for one of them and I think I'll wait till the weekend and see who has the highest average. ATM, I've narrowed it down to Pavlich, Cousins, Embley and B.Johnson.

Who should I get?

For Troy Selwood: Dale Morris or David Mundy or Daniel McConnell? (To free up some $$$$)
For Daniel Bradshaw: Scott Lucas or Jarrad Waite?

:confused:

jezza said:
What are everyone's thoughts on keeping trades for later in the season? Being the first time I have done this comp, I picked my team and pretty quickly realised it was rubbish and have been using 2 trades pretty much every week to fix it up, generally 2 medium players out for one star and one draftee. I'm down to 8 trades left and have my next 4 lined up to fix my defence. How many should I be keeping up my sleeve for later in the season when injuries hit?

I have 7 trades left and want to make 1-2 more trades, so I'm in the same position. It's also my first year, but haven't really traded because of a crap side, but because of injuries (Darcy, Wojcinski, Waters, Lappin, Reiwoldt, Gardiner, etc.) I've also needed to use players like Wells, Ackland and Minson to compensate for the suspended Fevola and Moloney and late changes (M.Carr). I've also got Judd and Rivers, who are both likely to get suspended this week and need to use Wells and Ackland again! :mad:

I say you need at least 5 trades left by round 15. I hope my bad run with injuries and suspensions ends. :(

Benno_900 said:
I have 7 trades left and want to make 1-2 more trades, so I'm in the same position. It's also my first year, but haven't really traded because of a crap side, but because of injuries (Darcy, Wojcinski, Waters, Lappin, Reiwoldt, Gardiner, etc.) I've also needed to use players like Wells, Ackland and Minson to compensate for the suspended Fevola and Moloney and late changes (M.Carr). I've also got Judd and Rivers, who are both likely to get suspended this week and need to use Wells and Ackland again! :mad:

I say you need at least 5 trades left by round 15. I hope my bad run with injuries and suspensions ends. :(

Yeah, I've had the same problem with Reiwoldt, Darcy, Hird, Bradshaw, Kerr, Moloney, Fevola, all missing plenty of games so I've had to make quite a few trades to make sure I have a decent enough team out there.

Not sure if I can keep 5 up my sleeve for that long, my defence is so shabby I really need 3 or 4 new players in there now. Then it's a long wait to get to the end of the season. Would be alright if I had a decent bench but most of them are kids who don't score much (have all gone up heaps in value, but I don't have the trades available to cash in on it enough)

how many trades you leave out would really depend on the depth of your reserves.

if you have 2 or 3 that are going alrite then i would be more inclinded to trade. if not...save a few more trades imo

I have 4 trades left for the year.

However my emergencies are Polak, Morris (WB), Tambling, Griffen, Laycock, Johnson (Melb), Franklin and Roughead. So the only position that I would really need to change if I got an injury atm would be my centres. All of my centres are worth over $250,000 in the starting line up though so a change will be very easy.

Benno_900 said:
My reserve players are pretty crap:

J.Brennan, Perkins, Lewis, Wells, Ackland, Minson, T.Cloke, Juniper

Likewise:

Hartigan, Franklin, Deledio, Tambling, Ackland, Laycock, Cloke, Moody (Bris)

my reserves are enright (240k) , deledio (165k), Hudson (183k), Jolly (165k), Franklin (150k), Sylvia (104k) and thomas + perkins.

remember i play with perkins in my side so in effect enright is counted.

i think i am going to free up some cash. i have 11 trades left. i think either jolly or hudson might go.

Power now injured!!! ********ing ********! :mad: this is beyond a joke now...N. Lappin, Riewoldt, Johncock, Hird, Power have all been injured for me. Hmmmm

Will keep Power so long as he isn't out for more than 2 weeks.

Wells is gone for either Riewoldt or N.G. Brown this week and somehow I must get Everitt in there as well. If Power is gone for too long i'll have to trade him instead of Wells and hope like hell Wells comes good.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Dream Team 2005

Remove this Banner Ad

Back