AFL Dream Team 2005

Remove this Banner Ad

i got just the 1 trade left and this is my team, should i use it. who should i trade?

Hodge Pavlich Milburn
Braun R.Murphy M.Lappin
L.Ball Goodwin Stevens
K.Cornes Ling Coughlan
B.Johnson Tredrea Cox
Riewoldt Goodes Lloyd
Bradshaw Cooney C.Fletcher P.Burgoyne
EMG: Deledio, Griffen

Rod Stroker said:
Jess Sinclair hamstring strain
Reported as right hamstring tightness, test later this week but likely to be given a week off at least.

Damn ! 2 players out (Brown the other) and only 1 trade left for the big game. :mad:

Im gone, I am already playing with 20 men and if Sinclair is out then I have absolutley no chance.

HeLMie said:
I made 2 teams this year and i am in two grand finals. And i would have to admit im the favourite for both. In one team ive won the last 13 games and in the other the other guy that got through has a very ******** team.

i SHALL keep you updated

Oh, please do. :cool:

gothedons said:
i got just the 1 trade left and this is my team, should i use it. who should i trade?

Hodge Pavlich Milburn
Braun R.Murphy M.Lappin
L.Ball Goodwin Stevens
K.Cornes Ling Coughlan
B.Johnson Tredrea Cox
Riewoldt Goodes Lloyd

Get rid of Bradshaw or Burgoyne. 1 Because Bradshaw is ********. The other because Burgoyne does get a lot of kicks and seems like he will have alot of points, but because he fails to take any marks he bn=never ends up with more than 80 odd.

gothedons said:

Hodge Pavlich Milburn
Braun R.Murphy M.Lappin
L.Ball Goodwin Stevens
K.Cornes Ling Coughlan
B.Johnson Tredrea Cox
Riewoldt Goodes Lloyd
Should you use your last trade in the final week of competition ? :rolleyes:
Get rid of your worst performing highest priced player (Lappin, Stevens, Bradshaw ?) and replace them with the best available player you can afford.

Into the grand final after a 2117 prelim... I'd say that i'm hitting form at the right time but there's no such thing in dream team :)

Big Papa Pump said:
Robert Campbell from the Hawks or Simon Taylor or Josh Thurgood
Not much of a muchness there. You're the Hawks fan - you tell us ! :)

Campbell is apparently out for the season, so I would cross him off the list.
Out of Thurgood or Taylor I would probably go Taylor (I have him in my team). He is more of a chance to get a game and ground time as support to Everitt in the ruck and relief in the forward line. Was in OK form until last weekend.

I'm going Cox.

Adelaide has lost their first choice ruckman, and I think Cox should have a field day.

Having said that, what I'll really do is wait for fanfooty to put up the match previews and make my decision there.

On the Big Footy comp, I went from floating around 100th to being first after three games, eventually finishing 4th.

This stuff is GOLD!

monty you're a bloody genius.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am in the Grand Finals of both my leagues, after winning the Preliminary Finals by four points in the Bulldogs league and 27 points in the champions league. Knowing my luck, I will lose them both. I come second so many times in fantasy competition, it's not funny. Two years ago, I entered three teams in webfooty - all three lost in the GF. Last year, I entered two teams and both teams made and lost the GF too. There are a few other seconds, too.

coming 34th it would be good if they made 2 top 16 leagues with the top 32 of 2005 to split into 2 groups of 16 randomly for next yr i would have to move 2 spots to get to 32 its not out of the question

Rod Stroker said:
Should you use your last trade in the final week of competition ? :rolleyes:
Get rid of your worst performing highest priced player (Lappin, Stevens, Bradshaw ?) and replace them with the best available player you can afford.

its a fair call, but the 3 that havent been doing to well are the 3 u mentioned, unfortunately stevens got back into it with 3 hundreds in 4 weeks, before once again having a bad game last week, burgoyne averages 76ish, but there arent too many good forwards to replace him with.. bradshaw well can be up and down, with brown out this weekend and playing an undermanned st.k backline i think i might hold onto him, also with reports of sinclair being out, i dont think there is too many backmen that are alot better then him, im happy with everyone else, cooney was the one i was going to trade, but then scored in the high ninties over the weekend, so it leaves me in a weird situation

gothedons said:

Hodge Pavlich Milburn
Braun R.Murphy M.Lappin
L.Ball Goodwin Stevens
K.Cornes Ling Coughlan
B.Johnson Tredrea Cox
Riewoldt Goodes Lloyd

If you're in the GF, trade a player that your opponent also has in his team, that you think will "underperform", and get a different player that your opponent hasnt got.
If you're not in the GF trade a big value player from a team who cant make the finals, eg Bradshaw Hodge or Coughlan, and trade for a midfielder playing against a bottom three team.

Rawhead said:
Having said that, what I'll really do is wait for fanfooty to put up the match previews and make my decision there.
You can access those already, if you click on each team's two-letter code on the left side of the front page and look down the bottom where it says Fantasy preview under the Next game heading.
Rawhead said:
monty you're a bloody genius.
:D You ain't seen nothing yet. We drove up to Melbourne today and had a very productive meeting with a certain company which we will partner with next year to provide a service that no one in Australia has offered before. We're very excited. :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Dream Team 2005

Remove this Banner Ad

Back