AFL Dream Team 2005

Remove this Banner Ad

Ricketts said:
I told you all to put Jimmy as captain last week (129 hope you did)

Do it again this week please, or if you dont have Jimmy, go with Ling.

:)

Yep, I am thinking of going Jimmy. It will be the first time I have named his as captain all year (mind you I have only had him in one of my leagues for six weeks), and the round I name him captain is the Grand Final. Bartel loves playing at Skilled Stadium in the second half of the year, plus he is playing against Richmond. :eek: He will crack 220 this week. Okay, maybe 150.

m0nty said:
You can access those already, if you click on each team's two-letter code on the left side of the front page and look down the bottom where it says Fantasy preview under the Next game heading.

Doesnt work monty, I get a 404 error. Clicking on the two letter code works, but cant access the preview from the next page.

Rod Stroker said:
Good question. Any other week I would have said Hodge. But not this week.
Leaning towards Kane Cornes at this stage.

I've used Hayes and Cornes most of the year and Cornes hasn't let me down. Should have went him over Hodge last week but playing interstate turned me off (luckily in Lenny's case though!)

Ling usually has a day out v Richmond so that is who I'll be leaning towards this week.

m0nty said:
You can access those already, if you click on each team's two-letter code on the left side of the front page and look down the bottom where it says Fantasy preview under the Next game heading.

:D You ain't seen nothing yet. We drove up to Melbourne today and had a very productive meeting with a certain company which we will partner with next year to provide a service that no one in Australia has offered before. We're very excited. :cool:

You got me all gitty inside...

Rod Stroker said:
Whatever happens next year, let's just hope they fix the player pricing formulas. How can Ryan O'Keefe with an average of just 71 be worth over 300K ? :confused:

Player prices change according to performance over his past three games.

Roughly speaking, for a player to be worth 300K he should score about 95 ppg, or 285 points over his last three games. If he only scores 230 in his last three games, then he has only performed to the level of a 250K player, and his price will drop, by about 30% of the difference (50K) ie about 15K.

Ryan O'Keefe has averaged 95 over his last 7 games - those 7 games have pushed his price up to 300K, and his lower scoring games earlier in the season don't matter much.

The trick with the pricing formula is that it changes slightly from week to week - I tried to work it out a few times and the price of a 100ppg player varied from 315K to 325K (and I think in the initial draft 100ppg cost 365K), and the % price drop varied a little too (27-28%). That means you can never predict the price changes. It does give you a rough guide though to how much a player is worth.

I wouldn't trust that Lockout countdown clock. There's been occasions where I thought I was running out of time and rushed my selections, only to realise that the clock has gone past zero and suddenly found "extra" time. :confused:

So I'd hate to be leaving the selections for my grand final game until after the Dogs vs Pies game commenced, and then realised that lockout actually occured on the first bounce. :eek:

Perhaps if the Dream Team Lockout clock was used at the Collingwood games against the Swans and Roos then they may have had 2 more victories for the year ! :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rod Stroker said:
Choice of captain damn frustrating this week. Do you take the punt on a foward like Tredrea, Hall or Johnson hoping they will kick a bag ? Or do you go the safe option with a reliable midfielder like Kornes, Tuck or Ball ?
I'd stick with reliable.

I have to trade J.Brown for the GF this week....who do i pick up?
I'm thinking one of B.Harvey, C.Cornes and Riewoldt. Who should i get?
If there's a really obvious player other than those three i probably already have him or hes too expensive

Chad Cornes takes lots of marks when in defense, and is also a link man quite often so racks up the kicks and marks, is good value.

In the Granny this week, against an old coach of mine believe it or not, after a stirring performance by the boys in the Prelims, winning byt a massive 500 odd points

Made the final
Have got three in doubt for this week P Burgoyne(fwd),J Akermanis(cntr) & J sinclair(back) (all low scorers last week with injuries)
1 trade left
What do i do?

waspy said:
I have to trade J.Brown for the GF this week....who do i pick up?
I'm thinking one of B.Harvey, C.Cornes and Riewoldt. Who should i get?
If there's a really obvious player other than those three i probably already have him or hes too expensive

Go Boomer...think of the opposition. He will tear Carlton a new one!
Help me out - Brad Johnson Joel Corey or Cameron Ling??????

storrma29 said:
Made the final
Have got three in doubt for this week P Burgoyne(fwd),J Akermanis(cntr) & J sinclair(back) (all low scorers last week with injuries)
1 trade left
What do i do?
I didn't know that Aker was in doubt, but if he is then that's alot of $ to be sitting on the bench and not contributing in the biggest game of the year. So I would offload him as he is worth the most of those 3.

flea29 said:
Go Boomer...think of the opposition. He will tear Carlton a new one!
Help me out - Brad Johnson Joel Corey or Cameron Ling??????
Johnson could come out tomorrow night and just go nuts against the Pies. But I would go the safe option and take Corey. Has had a great year and seems to get under the guards of most oppositions.

Nope no Jimmy.

Last year he was what got me over the line, everyone else in my league had traded him off in the last trading session, but I bet on a different horse this year.

Basically I got to choose between Riewoldt and Everitt

The outsiders are Harvey, Tredrea, Tuck and Hall.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Dream Team 2005

Remove this Banner Ad

Back