AFL Dream Team 2005

Remove this Banner Ad

franky_mojojo said:
was wondering if people can give some feedback from the below players i'm not sure about.

Birss, Shane
Wells, Daniel
Koulouriotis, Paul
Goodes, Adam
Murphy, Ryan
Hentshcel, Trent

Koula will get very limited game time... but going on last year, he should make the most of it. Say about 10 - 15 possies in games he plays.

franky_mojojo said:
was wondering if people can give some feedback from the below players i'm not sure about.

Birss, Shane
Wells, Daniel
Koulouriotis, Paul
Goodes, Adam
Murphy, Ryan
Hentshcel, Trent
Wells is obviously the pick of that bunch.
The word is that Goodes has had a decent pre-season and should be in for a solid year. I thought he was a bit risky given his run of injuries last year and left him out. He could be good value at 224K though - especially given as though he is same price as Campbell Brown :eek: You would go Goodes every time.

Ok, I've changed my team a fair bit.

BACKS
Lappin, Matthew
McPhee, Adam
Wirrpunda, David
Makepeace, Troy
Sinclair, Jess
Bradshaw, Daniel
Voss, Brett
Polak, Graham
Perkins, Justin

CENTRES
Ricciuto, Mark
Ball, Luke
Wells, Daniel
Moloney, Brent
Francou, Josh
Griffen, Ryan

RUCKS
Fletcher, Chad
Cornes, Kane
Carr, Joshua
Coughlan, Mark
Gardiner, Michael
McIntosh, Hamish

FORWARDS
Riewoldt, Nick
Tredrea, Warren
Grant, Shannon
Gehrig, Fraser
Fiora, Aaron
Johnson, Steve
Pratt, Daniel
Ablett, Luke
Betts, Eddie

Please tell me what yous think.

When will Alan Didak be back for the pies? Absolute quality, who will play a greater role in the midfield next year. I think he is only 210K which is an absolute steal, the question is.. how long will he be out for?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey.

I need some advice.

I want to pick my last starting defender and have a maximum of 215,000 to spend. I'm looking for a player that will improve in price quickly so I can trade him for a better one.

The cheaper the better but as long as its 215,000 or less I don't mind.

Some options I'm currently looking at are:

Matthew Carr $211,600
Matthew Boyd $208,300
Chris Newman $204,400
Brett Voss $202,500
Brad Miller $200,800
Chance Bateman $192,000
Shane Birss $156,100

Who do you reckon I should go for?

If u can find an extra few thousand somewhere, Brent Reilly is good value at 218,000. He gets plenty of kicks and marks and is almost certain to improve on last years performance.

waspy said:
If u can find an extra few thousand somewhere, Brent Reilly is good value at 218,000. He gets plenty of kicks and marks and is almost certain to improve on last years performance.

WAAYYY to expensive.

Michael Stevens, Rhyce Shaw, Brendon Goddard, mark Johnson, Brady Rawlings, Daniel Bradshaw are all worth it more than Reilly. I like the fella, but way too expensive when there are many and many better cheaper players out there. Moloney, McLean, Whitnall, Rowe, Birss, Cooney, Simmonds etc. etc. etc.

skywalk750 said:
When will Alan Didak be back for the pies? Absolute quality, who will play a greater role in the midfield next year. I think he is only 210K which is an absolute steal, the question is.. how long will he be out for?

Didak, dispite inconsistant, is good value for someone who is able to kick 30-40 goals a season injury free.

He should be set to return anywhere between rounds 4-8, so trading is the way to go.

Yeah, I have him already actually but good call on Reilly.

I'd take Birss but I'm just worried that he'll get injured and I'm not sure he is even guaranteed a game.

Reilly is an excellent pick up for the Dream Team because he will be rotated more throught the midfield this year, from the 1/2 back flank and if he isn't injured, will play the whoile season.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Dream Team 2005

Remove this Banner Ad

Back