AFL Dream Team 2005

Remove this Banner Ad

i think cooney offers bloody good value. he will be a 260k player but the end of the year. im not sure Mclean will have quite as much impact, he will still be good but.

I think he had 25 possies against us. McLean will be good there's no doubt about that but I took Cooney due to the Dogs weaker midfield. My only question is can McLean keep it up over 22 rounds?

a question to carlton fans- is teague worth the money? does he gather big possies or just negate his opponent, ive got him in my team now, but im wondering whether better value may be gained from bizzel for instance?

And melbourne fans- is it worth getting brent moloney? Will he play most of his games in the centre racking up possies?

stormee said:
a question to carlton fans- is teague worth the money? does he gather big possies or just negate his opponent, ive got him in my team now, but im wondering whether better value may be gained from bizzel for instance?

Teague scores more points than i thought. He does usually get around 7 marks a game which combined with a few tackles yeilds a decent return. In the pre-season he seems to be a regular target out of kick-ins as well, if that continues he's probably a good get. Same goes for Bizzel.

At the end of the day, the prices are worked out on average points scored per round. So players priced about the same more often than not averaged about the same number of points per game last year. Price is a good indication of their relative form last year.

This may have come up in the 90 odd pages of this thread, but I can't be bothered looking through them all. Does the Dream Team competition not start until round 4? By my understanding from reading the rules, every team plays every other team once, round 4-19, then finals for rounds 20-22.

franky_mojojo said:
who are some good value defenders, im having trouble picken em.

Reilly and Goddard are around 210000. Wirrpunda and S Burgopyne at around 230000 are OK, Zantuck is about 140000 which mightn't be too bad value. Best value I reckon is D Bradshaw-will carry Brisbane forward line with Lynch retired and Brown out for a while.

Ninety4 said:
I have 94 Medals, plenty to go around for everyone, especially you Thunderstruck. ;)

94? Wow u must be pretty special then. But unfortunately, I dont take to receiving pyrite. If you can think of something better please feel free to share it with the rest of us ;)

B: Be.Johnson - A.McPhee - B.Waters
HB: E.Sansbury - J.Rivers - Ro.Murphy
C: B.Moloney - L.Ball - C.Judd
HF: C.Bruce - N.Riewoldt - D.Wells
F: G.Ablett - B.Fevola - L.Whitnall
R: M.Gardiner - P.Haselby - K.Cornes
Int from: M.Coughlan - S.Black - A.Fiora - B.Hartigan - A.Cooney - J.Francou - Co.Jones - N.Van Berlo - C.Sylvia - P.Thomas - L.Franklin

stormee said:

And melbourne fans- is it worth getting brent moloney? Will he play most of his games in the centre racking up possies?

I had Teague in last years dreamteam and he only had a few games where he scored reasonably well.Jarred Rivers or Bradshaw at about the same price would be a better option or for about another 30 grand Wirrpunda,Chris Johnson,Sinclair and Ben Johnson would be better value

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swifty_446 said:
This may have come up in the 90 odd pages of this thread, but I can't be bothered looking through them all. Does the Dream Team competition not start until round 4? By my understanding from reading the rules, every team plays every other team once, round 4-19, then finals for rounds 20-22.

That is correct but between rounds 1-3 your points go to your overall ranking. So it is still important to select your team.

OK Ive updated my team, general tinkering, tho im not posting my reserves for tactical purposs ;)

Backs:

Matthew Pavlich
Matthew Lappin
Adam McPhee
Nathan. D Brown
David Wirrpunda
Matthew Scarlett
Paul Thomas

Centres:

Lenny Hayes
Chad Cornes
Chris Judd
Ben Cousins

Rucks:

Cameron Ling
Peter Bell
Michael Gardiner
Josh Francou

Forwards:

Nigel Lappin
Nick Riewoldt
Luke Power
James Hird
Graham Johncock
Daniel Wells
Lance Whitnall

Lonie_from_50

B: T Edwards (Adel) A McPhee (Ess) G Wanganeen (Port)
HB: M Johnson (Ess) B Goddard (St.K) R Smith (Bull)
C: J Akermanis (Bris) M Ricciuto (Carl) N Stevens (Carl)
HF: D Wells (Kang) W Tredrea (Port) L Power (Bris)
F: N Riewoldt (St.K) B Fevola (Carl) N Brown (Rich)
Foll: A Simpson (Kang) C Judd (WCE) S Burns (Coll)
Int: R Shaw (Coll) B McLean (Melb) J Francou (Port) L Whitnall (Carl)

Em: L Franklin (Haw) J Rowe (Coll) R Tambling (Rich)
Res: P Thomas (Ess) B Brooks (StK) C Ackland (StK) C Sylvia (Melb) J Roughead (Haw)

Team Value: $6,299,900 ($100 remaining)

Backline: A well constructed backline, in what was hard circumstances but did come away with a rebounding defence that finds the ball. Adelaide's Tyson Edwards leads the backline with his ability to find the ball and put it to boot consistently along with old heads of Rohan Smith and Gavin Wanganeen. Essendon Best and Fairest Adam McPhee is a good inclusion as he takes plenty of marks yet is also good at ground level while team-mate Mark Johnson can play midfield roles and defensive roles. No.1 Draft Pick in 2002, Brendon Goddard has had a great pre-season and with a good price looks set for a good year for the Saints and Dream Team Players. Rhyce Shaw is great value on the bench as he has taken a new tagging role at the Lexus Centre. Youngsters Lance Franklin and Paul Thomas have potential after good Pre-Seasons. Thomas an ex-Adelaide rookie who is a matured footballer adds value and depth, but it is the Star Hawk who has the ability to take up a big role at the Hawks and has been said to be the next Nick Riewoldt.

Centreline: Maybe not the best of centre lines, but very strategic. Jason Akermanis is a goalkicking midfielder who kicks most of the times he gets it, which is something we look for. The Brownlow Medallist is capable of kicking 40 goals and getting 500 disposals in the season. Other Brownlow Medallist Mark Ricciuto is a certain star capable of leading from the front in the centre or down in the goalsquare. Former Port, now Blue Nick Stevens has had an enormous pre-season and is looking in great form come AFL Season. Normally a consistant footballer, he is a good pick up. Brock McLean and Julian Rowe were both handy first year players for there sides, but after impressing in the midfield in there clubs Wizard Cup and Regional Matches, they look to have a big season set up for them. Richard Tambling has the ability to kick goals and find the ball with his potential, skill and form, and should play most game this season.

Followers: Kangaroo captain Adam Simpson as a Dream Team god over the years, is expensive but worth it. He consistently gets over 20 touches, takes marks as a midfielder and does all the hard work involving tackles and several hit outs. Chris Judd won the Brownlow Medal last year in fine fashion, taking it by storm due to his style and consistent performances. Even though effectiveness doesn't count, he does have skills statistically by being a versatile midfielder. He may get tagged but he still finds the ball and also kicks plenty of goals. He is a hard tackler and will get good points. Collingwood veteran Scott Burns adds value but was a risk considering age and injuries. He was a toss up between Sam Mitchell. Injured Port Adelaide star Josh Francou was cheap and was a definet pick, whether play in or our the side. He has had a fairly good run in the 2005 pre-season and will get back on the track with some form. St Kilda ruckman Barry Brooks and Cain Ackland have each improved so it does adds depth.

Forwardline:A strong forward line gives this team the ability to be number one. Warren Tredrea and Nick Riewoldt are footy gods while Brendon Fevola has endured a great Pre-Season and looks set for a huge year, along with teammate Lance Whitnall who has turned around after becoming a ripe out of form player, but is now set for a huge challenge. Daniel Wells is looking in great touch after an impressive end to the season and as a no.2 pick in the 2002 Draft he is finally ready for the challenge. He is exciting and a favourite already for the individual prize. Nathan G. Brown and Luke Power each aregoalkickng midfielders who are generally consistent and ball magnets. Adds even more depth to a great forward line. Colin Sylvia has been spotlighted as a player of the future and got a tast of football late last season. He has the potential but we are yet to see it. A valuable player to pick for a cheap price. Jarryd Roughead is another great pick up for depth.

Thoughts???

silverphoenix said:
quick question, wells or cogs?

Wells

Wells has the form going in, and has improved after what has been a career that has got better and better. Mark Coughlan's status is unknown, and we don't know how he will go this season. Wells on my watch.

Lonie_from_50 said:
Lonie_from_50

B: T Edwards (Adel) A McPhee (Ess) G Wanganeen (Port)
HB: M Johnson (Ess) B Goddard (St.K) R Smith (Bull)
C: J Akermanis (Bris) M Ricciuto (Carl) N Stevens (Carl)
HF: D Wells (Kang) W Tredrea (Port) L Power (Bris)
F: N Riewoldt (St.K) B Fevola (Carl) N Brown (Rich)
Foll: A Simpson (Kang) C Judd (WCE) S Burns (Coll)
Int: R Shaw (Coll) B McLean (Melb) J Francou (Port) L Whitnall (Carl)

Em: L Franklin (Haw) J Rowe (Coll) R Tambling (Rich)
Res: P Thomas (Ess) B Brooks (StK) C Ackland (StK) C Sylvia (Melb) J Roughead (Haw)

Team Value: $6,299,900 ($100 remaining)

Backline: A well constructed backline, in what was hard circumstances but did come away with a rebounding defence that finds the ball. Adelaide's Tyson Edwards leads the backline with his ability to find the ball and put it to boot consistently along with old heads of Rohan Smith and Gavin Wanganeen. Essendon Best and Fairest Adam McPhee is a good inclusion as he takes plenty of marks yet is also good at ground level while team-mate Mark Johnson can play midfield roles and defensive roles. No.1 Draft Pick in 2002, Brendon Goddard has had a great pre-season and with a good price looks set for a good year for the Saints and Dream Team Players. Rhyce Shaw is great value on the bench as he has taken a new tagging role at the Lexus Centre. Youngsters Lance Franklin and Paul Thomas have potential after good Pre-Seasons. Thomas an ex-Adelaide rookie who is a matured footballer adds value and depth, but it is the Star Hawk who has the ability to take up a big role at the Hawks and has been said to be the next Nick Riewoldt.

Centreline: Maybe not the best of centre lines, but very strategic. Jason Akermanis is a goalkicking midfielder who kicks most of the times he gets it, which is something we look for. The Brownlow Medallist is capable of kicking 40 goals and getting 500 disposals in the season. Other Brownlow Medallist Mark Ricciuto is a certain star capable of leading from the front in the centre or down in the goalsquare. Former Port, now Blue Nick Stevens has had an enormous pre-season and is looking in great form come AFL Season. Normally a consistant footballer, he is a good pick up. Brock McLean and Julian Rowe were both handy first year players for there sides, but after impressing in the midfield in there clubs Wizard Cup and Regional Matches, they look to have a big season set up for them. Richard Tambling has the ability to kick goals and find the ball with his potential, skill and form, and should play most game this season.

Followers: Kangaroo captain Adam Simpson as a Dream Team god over the years, is expensive but worth it. He consistently gets over 20 touches, takes marks as a midfielder and does all the hard work involving tackles and several hit outs. Chris Judd won the Brownlow Medal last year in fine fashion, taking it by storm due to his style and consistent performances. Even though effectiveness doesn't count, he does have skills statistically by being a versatile midfielder. He may get tagged but he still finds the ball and also kicks plenty of goals. He is a hard tackler and will get good points. Collingwood veteran Scott Burns adds value but was a risk considering age and injuries. He was a toss up between Sam Mitchell. Injured Port Adelaide star Josh Francou was cheap and was a definet pick, whether play in or our the side. He has had a fairly good run in the 2005 pre-season and will get back on the track with some form. St Kilda ruckman Barry Brooks and Cain Ackland have each improved so it does adds depth.

Forwardline:A strong forward line gives this team the ability to be number one. Warren Tredrea and Nick Riewoldt are footy gods while Brendon Fevola has endured a great Pre-Season and looks set for a huge year, along with teammate Lance Whitnall who has turned around after becoming a ripe out of form player, but is now set for a huge challenge. Daniel Wells is looking in great touch after an impressive end to the season and as a no.2 pick in the 2002 Draft he is finally ready for the challenge. He is exciting and a favourite already for the individual prize. Nathan G. Brown and Luke Power each aregoalkickng midfielders who are generally consistent and ball magnets. Adds even more depth to a great forward line. Colin Sylvia has been spotlighted as a player of the future and got a tast of football late last season. He has the potential but we are yet to see it. A valuable player to pick for a cheap price. Jarryd Roughead is another great pick up for depth.

Thoughts???
too many weak players starting in your team

Chad Cornes/Luke Power
Luke Hodge/Gary Ablett/ Tyson Stenglein/ James Kelly

please select one from each line so there is 2 players, and give me a reason why??
thankyou!! :D

Barralupo said:
Get Leigh Colbert, he is around the same price range and was constantly scoring 70-90 every week for me last year
Colby is too injury prone mate and I can't afford to take that risk with the team I have. I don't know if you remember but last year there was talk that he might not play this year as his body would not hold up. I don't expect him to play a full season, and they will give more time to Perry, Perkins, etc to groom them as Colby's replacement.

NuMbA_7 said:
Chad Cornes/Luke Power
Luke Hodge/Gary Ablett/ Tyson Stenglein/ James Kelly

please select one from each line so there is 2 players, and give me a reason why??
thankyou!! :D
Luke Power because he gets more touches and kicks more goals.
James Kelly. He was probably in Geelongs top 3 players last year before getting injured. From all reports he has recovered well and had a strong pre-season.
As for Hodge, I haven't seen alot of him so I'm not sold yet. He was taken ahead of Judd in the draft, but is he really that good ?
I considered Hodge, but am leaning towards Johncock instead.

Rod Stroker said:
Luke Power because he gets more touches and kicks more goals.
James Kelly. He was probably in Geelongs top 3 players last year before getting injured. From all reports he has recovered well and had a strong pre-season.
As for Hodge, I haven't seen alot of him so I'm not sold yet. He was taken ahead of Judd in the draft, but is he really that good ?
I considered Hodge, but am leaning towards Johncock instead.

cheers, i herd hodge has had a good preseason and that he was playing loose along the halfback line gathering plenty of marks and the ball...

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Dream Team 2005

Remove this Banner Ad

Back