AFL Dream Team 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: What is everyones Dream Team 07 starting 22 ???

as the title says post your 22.

mine:

Forwards: B.Fevola, A.Davey, Q.Lynch, B.Ebert, L.Franklin, M.Williams, N.Brown (Richmond)

Centres: S.Mitchell, C.Judd, A.Goodes, S.Burgoyne, R.Griffen, B.Gibbs

Backs: B.Rutten, M.Mattner, L.Gilbee, A.Hunter, D.Glass, T.Kennelly, D.Wirrpunda

Rucks: D.Cox & B.Hudson

Dude i have to be brutally honest. you have wasted way to much money on your midfield. Got no chance of doin well if you dont have depth across the park.

Firstly i think everyone should be saying how much cash is left over, its not about draining your account for every last cent you want to have cash later for insurance......
Noone really should be paying anything near that for johnathan brown either, sure he is a ridiculous creature but he is assured to plummet in price, to stay at this price hed have to avg something like 130+ and that just doesnt happen. i dont know this years formula but you have to be realistic and be preapred to wait for price drops, and know your cheaper players will increase in price
in your midfield your spending waay wayy to much imo i find that its better to get a guy like say Marc Murphy for 286 who really only ended up at this price due to injuries last year, instead of a guy like Cam Bruce who scores highly but there is no way he will stay at this high-a price the entire season.

Put it this way, if you dont have johnathon brown......you have already lost dream team. The best thing you could do, would be to build your side around that man. with hawthorn in round 1 he is sure to get at leat 170-200 no joke.

Is Dal Santo worth the cash? Im pretty much settled in my line up now except for him. I have enough spare cash to get anyone up to West. I'm leaning towards either Goodes, Goodwin or keeping Dal Sants and using the cash for a trade later on.

Thoughts? Also, is Jude Bolton any good?

Re: cheap d/t players under $150,000

I'm prepared to take criticism for this and as much as i don't like the player Sheedy just seems to keep on playing him, and in the preseason has shown he can get the ball.

Each year we have had a player that has stepped up Jobe last year and stanton the year before(continued last year as well). I think this year it will be Jason Winderlich, he is 211k so bit of a risky smokey, but it's make or break time for him, and Sheedy seems to love him.

Not many would have him so maybe a thought....

Put it this way, if you dont have johnathon brown......you have already lost dream team. The best thing you could do, would be to build your side around that man. with hawthorn in round 1 he is sure to get at leat 170-200 no joke.
He is way over priced, he will have to average around the 140 to maintain that price and as good as he is i don't see that happeing. Get hime once his price drops IMHO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol, you know Sante, for the guy who was telling us off before for asking for advice, you've asked for a fair bit since, and also posted your entire forward line. But I totally agree with you that asking the odd piece of advice is fine, and posting entire teams is stupid.

But yeah, there's no harm in asking advice on a couple of players you don't know.

Speaking of which, there seems to be alot of opposition to Milburn... Would McCleod be a better option? Or is there another good back? (besides C. Cornes, J. Bowden and Fisher)
Cant understand the critism towards Milburn.He averaged around 86 last year which is not inconsistant,He has averaged about that much for the last few years now and as there were only a few backman who averaged over 90 last season someone who can average 86 like a milburn is worth picking in my book

I wanted to get thoughts from other Carlton supporters, Carrazzo or T-Bird?

I've decided to give Carrazzo a go, considering Pagan is now more willing to let him run off the backline with stints on the wing etc. Has the ability to find a ton of the ball. Get on him. :thumbsu:

Although T-Bird tends to take a fair number of marks in most games his scores will most likely hover around 50-60 with an odd 70 here and there. I'd say Carrazzo is a safer bet for consistency.

You are going to have to do a little better than that to beat me:p

Possiblty, but considering those numbers were for all my players (including my 10 or 11 300k+) scoring a maximum of 90, I'm sure I can get quite a bit higher. 1780 was a worst case scenario, but then again, last season I only got 1400 or so in round one:eek: . Hopefully will do much better this time around.

Re: SouthSwans' Superstar Dreamteam

Code:
B:   Darren Milburn    Nathan Bassett     Matthew Whelan
HB:  Nigel Lappin      Chad Cornes        Brett Montgomery
C:   Joel Bowden       Scott West         Peter Burgoyne
HF:  Paul Chapman      Barry Hall         Russell Robertson
F:   Brad Johnson[B](c)[/B]   Matthew Pavlich    Nathan G Brown
R:   Brendon Lade,     Cameron Bruce,     Daniel Kerr

INT: Justin Koschitzke, David Rodan, Jed Adcock, Ben Hudson
EMG: Will Thursfield, Aaron Edwards, Joel Selwood

Others: Xavier Ellis, Richard Hadley, Matthew Leuenberger
        Earl Shaw, Beau Wilkes.

Your thoughts?? Any improvements needed??

I'd switch flanks for Chapman and Robertson.

hard ball gets, have u seen much of cooney this year. Is he moving ok? i thought he played well against the eagles, will he hit his straps early?

I havent seen him but all reports are he has been extreamly good in the few games he played. In our best in both games.
IF he is over his OP he will have a big year and be a great buy. If.

My team:

Backs:
C.Cornes
J.Bowden
McPhee
Birchall
A.Walker
J.Brennan
Polak

Centres:
Hodge
Cooney
Murphy
Deledio
Wells
N.Lappin

Rucks:
Cox
Darcy

Forwards:
Riewoldt
Pavlich
Fevola
N. Brown
Franklin
Koschitzke
McDougall

Thoughts???

missed a fair bit on here...

is goddard overpriced or will he do a bruce of last year and barely drop??

C.Cornes
McLeod
Gilbee
Bizzell
Roughead
Copeland
Koschitzke
Hansen
Frawley

Judd
West
N.Lappin